FIFA 13

I'm amazed that some think the demo was better. I just don't get it.

Maybe it's because I didn't get to play the demo with any type of extender, but for me, playing on the Xbox, the full release is far superior to the demo.

Did everyone who say they prefer the demo play the demo with extended halves?

Read my impressions, I explained it fairly well I thought :SMUG: I think we are talking about PC though, I can't imagine 3 minute halves ever giving a realistic impression.

I booted the game up again and the CPU play does contribute to the problem, I notice they do a lot more of those crazy side to side dribbles and quick foot movements. I can still make the game look fairly real by playing slow tempo and always holding slow dribble but when the CPU is doing stuff like that it instantly ruins the immersion. Ultimately though I can't put my finger on exactly what is wrong with it, I think it's just a culmination of very small, almost imperceptible things which when added together makes it a less compelling experience overall.

Read my impressions, I explained it fairly well I thought :SMUG: I think we are talking about PC though, I can't imagine 3 minute halves ever giving a realistic impression.

I booted the game up again and the CPU play does contribute to the problem, I notice they do a lot more of those crazy side to side dribbles and quick foot movements. I can still make the game look fairly real by playing slow tempo and always holding slow dribble but when the CPU is doing stuff like that it instantly ruins the immersion. Ultimately though I can't put my finger on exactly what is wrong with it, I think it's just a culmination of very small, almost imperceptible things which when added together makes it a less compelling experience overall.

Yeah, I understood your impressions. I just don't see what you see.

Like I said, maybe it's because I didn't play on a PC with an extender, because I haven't noticed anything that I like less on the full version.

But if the quickness of FIFA's animations are a sticking point for - and I certainly won't argue that they aren't a little too quick for me too - and if you can't "fix" it with the acceleration slider, then FIFA 13 might just not be for you.

Or you could just try playing only with lower league teams, which is what I mostly do. Right now in my CM, I'm in the npower League 1, and the pace is much better (for me).

I'm amazed that some think the demo was better. I just don't get it.

Maybe it's because I didn't get to play the demo with any type of extender, but for me, playing on the Xbox, the full release is far superior to the demo.

Did everyone who say they prefer the demo play the demo with extended halves?

Final game on the PS3 definitely plays better than the demo.

Could just be a PC thing then, or it might simply be personal taste. I'm not denying that the final product is more polished, but it just hasn't struck the right chord with me at all so far.

Just played first 15 matches of fifa13 full american version with ESPN themes and mario kempes commentary.
What can I say more as spanish football fan - I am out of my seat: gameplay, ESPN themes, commentary. All so realistic.
I cant imagine better game right now. Its a craze !!!! Thank you EA.

Jamie Dalton ‏@JamieDalton82
Not saying there's a glitch in FIFA '13 or anything but the ref's just given a penalty against my keeper for handball.

Jamie Dalton ‏@JamieDalton82
He was saving a pen, ref blew for another pen and he saved that as well.

:LOL:

I played the demo on PC with an extender patch and I can say I am enjoying the full game just as much if not more. I have decreased the sprint and accel, shot speed, pass speed and upped the first touch error to around 65...playing great on full manual

It's night and day for me, I'm uploading my own comparison video. The demo was a 9/10 and the full game is a 6/10 at best for me. I have no doubt it's specific to my own tastes and possibly PC, monitor and what not but I feel like I'm punishing myself by playing the full game.

Sorry if this has been mentioned but

Have they removed promotion play offs from the game?

I just finished 3rd and then continued on playing and it's now started the next season. It's as if the game just skipped them altogether and now I'm in July and it just picked one of the other teams to go up.

Also noticed a few bugs/mistakes that keep happening.

1 announcers keep talking about fabio Capello being England manager
2 sometimes when saving a penalty with your goalkeepers hands, the ref awards a handball and another penalty (I have a video of this on easports website)
3 the ball sometimes doesn't load up and so it's invisible (happened twice)
4 commentary will talk about your team having not won a game all season yet.... No matter how many you have won
5 the news reports about players keeps glitching and whenever my name is supposed to appear I just get blank spaces. So it will read

is playing out of his skin. Manager said. I hoops he continues in this run of form.

Last edited:
Here is the video, watch in 720p:

YouTube - FIFA 13 PC demo vs final version

The first thing I notice and hate is that they added this really stark contrast filter which makes everything look bleached, artificial and garrish, the demo (on my setup) had beautiful rich colours and perfect contrast and clarity.

Secondly the demo is just smoother, it feels like it's running at a higher fps despite the fact it's not, the camera movement seems less jerky, the players move slower, the overall game speed is slower, the pass speed is lower and the ball has more friction and slows down properly as it approaches the receiver. And that is just me playing with the ball, the CPU on the final game is nauseating to watch, lots of first time ping-pong passes, much more desperate to score a goal, much quicker to exploit counter attack opportunities, I preferred the more balanced and tighter matches of the demo where I'd often have a 6 minute half without a single shot on goal.

I envy the people who think the final game is better!

Sorry if this has been mentioned but

Have they removed promotion play offs from the game?

I just finished 3rd and then continued on playing and it's now started the next season. It's as if the game just skipped them altogether and now I'm in July and it just picked one of the other teams to go up.

Also noticed a few bugs/mistakes that keep happening.

1 announcers keep talking about fabio Capello being England manager
2 sometimes when saving a penalty with your goalkeepers hands, the ref awards a handball and another penalty (I have a video of this on easports website)
3 the ball sometimes doesn't load up and so it's invisible (happened twice)
4 commentary will talk about your team having not won a game all season yet.... No matter how many you have won
5 the news reports about players keeps glitching and whenever my name is supposed to appear I just get blank spaces. So it will read

is playing out of his skin. Manager said. I hoops he continues in this run of form.

I've had 4 and 5 happen and Jay has had the missing ball thing. The playoffs thing, are you on loan somewhere as a player? You don't get to play the playoffs if you are?

No I'm not on loan. I joined Cardiff mid season in the jan window. Could that have an effect? I had started the career at AFC Wimbledon but moved to Aberdeen on transfer deadline day. Then from there moved to Cardiff. This was all in the first year.

Showed that comparison video to my brother who hasn't played either the demo or final version yet but was a division 1 FIFA 12 H2H player and he said the build up play looked slower and better on the demo and the final version looks identical to FIFA 12. Pretty much echos my thoughts. I'm not sure how people fail to recognise this or acknowledge the difference.

Secondly the demo is just smoother, it feels like it's running at a higher fps despite the fact it's not
I'm glad you think that too, because that's the impression I had but I wasn't 100% certain that I wasn't projecting what I expected to see. It does feel a bit smoother, and more 'measured'.

Minor nuances aside, I still feel it's the best football game available, and arguably the best of all time, taking everything into consideration.

Do you guys have any tips on how to make your team play with more movement? I'm playing as Arsenal in CM and the players without the ball almost never make these great runs I've seen people write about. I've even bumped the slider for player runs up to 100 but can't notice any difference.

I went back to the demo with time extender, playing the same teams and same settings as retail version, back to back. I didn't like the demo as much. It felt to me the animations speed was slightly faster and there was even less inertia, feeling less realistic to me. If you find the AI build up speed too frantic there is lots that can be done with sliders. A first touch control error of 75 for AI is not totally unreasonable to me on higher difficulty levels, and slows them down quite a bit.

Do you guys have any tips on how to make your team play with more movement? I'm playing as Arsenal in CM and the players without the ball almost never make these great runs I've seen people write about. I've even bumped the slider for player runs up to 100 but can't notice any difference.
Are you talking about bumping the custom team tactics slider or the global run frequency slider? The global player run frequency slider definitely makes a difference to me.

Are you talking about bumping the custom team tactics slider or the global run frequency slider? The global player run frequency slider definitely makes a difference to me.

The global one. I'm not seeing it, if they make a run they never do it where there is space. I may have to experiment more with formations or something.

It felt to me the animations speed was slightly faster and there was even less inertia, feeling less realistic to me.

Animation speed definitely isn't faster :CONFUSE: (at least on slow gamespeed). Look at the video I posted, it's fairly clear which version has the more measured and realistic movement/passing speed.

I have had a bit of success with the final game just now, by reducing acceleration/sprint speed across the board which really helped reduce the overall game speed towards something closer to the demo, but I feel it opens up some balance issues with defending, as you reduce those sliders defenders become slower to react to a greater degree than the attackers movement and ability to get shots off is reduced, which naturally means you can get chances where you shouldn't really be. There is a massive flaw in the final game as well, namely that defenders will sometimes just completely switch off in dangerous positions and not even try to tackle you, I've scored a couple of goals due to that bug and it doesn't provide an ounce of satisfaction.

That is why I hate making drastic changes to the sliders because they have knock on effects and it soon becomes like finding the combination to a safe to get the perfect balance. With the demo all I had was acceleration -2 for CPU and passing error +1, slow gamespeed and it was perfect.

The global one. I'm not seeing it, if they make a run they never do it where there is space. I may have to experiment more with formations or something.

Try altering the 'Passing' slider in your custom tactics to 'Risky' that tends to work for me in terms of getting my players to make more runs in the final third. Additionally, you may want to try adjusting the attacking work rate of the players you want to make more runs to 'High' in your formation.

Hope this helps.

One of the main ones was to reduce CPU marking a bit as I felt they were way too tight, and also shrink the line length a couple of points plus raise both backlines a couple of points, I felt it was unrealistic there were no breakaways at all which caught either defence without numbers at the back.

Back
Top Bottom