Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

Re: Fifa 11

I believe he's responded Nick - the gist of it is that you've got the wrong end of the stick. I couldn't possibly confirm whether I know anything about this topic already, but it doesn't mean that you have to BAP in order to MM.

Don't panic or overreact to stuff where there's no information to go on - listen to what news comes out this week and judge from that, rather than making wild assumptions.

I'll be waiting with bated breath :P.. I'll be gutted if the have messed up Manager mode though, I think it was the shock that MM could become this stupid watered down thing so that it makes it easier to put online in 12, which I'm almost certain EA want to do...

Nick, I suspect we'll be saying good riddance to MM when we find out more about Career Mode.

It will be with a heavy heart TBH, the same as it was when I switched to the dark side, I used to hate FIFA at least I don't hate PES just the ML fantasy league's... :PIRATE:

Thing is that an improved BAP:S that people have been asking for is a career mode. Manager Mode is already a career mode, so they just make the logical thing and put them under the same roof. They "only" have to hook on a BAP mode to the Manager Mode and add specific modules to it, but the MM world will probably be completely reused.

I'm pretty sure that the long term MM plans that they have is exactly the same, but now they also have a proper BAP mode that can take a free ride on MM.

Thing is Mike Takla said last year that they didn't work on BAP:S because not enough people played it (because it was a shallow arcadey mode). So basically they had an unfinished mode that would never be worked on because it would take so much work hours to make something good out of it (hours that MM needs).

Now they can please both the MM people and the BAP career people.

I agree, make Baps better if they must, I just have reservations of how they fit them together without compromising MM Gab...

I don't consider my "Many years of buying EA Sports games?" reply to be particularly facetious considering anyone who has been around since the days of Fifa 93 and such can name countless instances of things taken out then magically returning as a new feature, of things vaunted as being awesome but then being grotesquely flawed. I even gave an example in my edit 20 seconds later.....

Because the reason why people are frothing at the mouth is down to slightly sloppy journalism and iffy reading comprehension. The sidestep in FIFA 08 was nothing like as complex or dynamic as skilled dribbling either, as anyone who actually tried it out would attest. Blaming a pretty substantial misread of a couple of paragraphs of text on the fact that you've been burnt by several EA sports titles (while still buying the next one!) is wilfully missing the point - in much the sense that making a big deal of EA holding back on MM news by a month, preferring them to follow last year's model where they promised big from the off and failed to deliver, is missing the point.

It's good news that BAP is combined with MM.

But hopefully they didn't spend all their time on doing that and not improving the manager mode significantly. hopefully their year two plan (out of 3 year plan to improve MM) isn't just merging Bap and MM together and then year 3 will be honing it all and doing the final major improvements. Hopefully they have dealt with some of the minor issues this year that make a big difference to the enjoyability of the mode.

My biggest hope though, is that they don't say they have done alot of stuff and then not deliver it.

Anyway we will wait and see what is said and then what actually happens in reality later in a few months :))

Bloody YouTube generation... :P

I'm pretty sure they didn't talk about MM until July or so last year. Or was it August? That might have been Clubs.

In any case, what difference would it have made if EA had released mews last month instead of this month? All that would have happened is that some website would have leaked news early last month and people like Nick would have misread things then instead of now. It'd be fix the problem far sooner if the standard of games journalism was improved to make things clear first time round, and if people didn't overreact when they read a snippet of something that doesn't make sense to them.

This is where I got the whole dropping Manager mode from:

A competent AI will certainly help FIFA 11's rewritten Career mode, which fills a gap EA Canada has made from scrapping FIFA 10's Be a Pro and Manager modes. Most fans were happy with the career modes in FIFA 10, Rutter stressed, but the development team are adamant to silence the vocal minority, so have developed an entirely new simulation engine for Career mode's behind-the-scenes technical doohickery.

Maybe I should have hunted for more info but it seemed to me MM was out and a combined MM/Bap career mode was in... Maybe it would have been nice to have a release from EA stating MM was being re done as the new Career mode with the option of playing Bap within it...:P

I reckon they've been working on BAP+MM for longer than just one year. There isn't a lot from BAP that needs carrying over to be honest; it's just replacing the vast majority of the Seasons back end with whatever they have planned with the new MM. I don't see how one could tread on the toes of the other at all. They naturally tessellate together, so it makes sense to stop wasting resource on making a basic version of MM for Seasons when they could append it onto the work they're doing for the new MM and pool resources to make MM better.

I reckon they've been working on BAP+MM for longer than just one year. There isn't a lot from BAP that needs carrying over to be honest; it's just replacing the vast majority of the Seasons back end with whatever they have planned with the new MM. I don't see how one could tread on the toes of the other at all. They naturally tessellate together, so it makes sense to stop wasting resource on making a basic version of MM for Seasons when they could append it onto the work they're doing for the new MM and pool resources to make MM better.

I hope you are right, I only dabbled with BAP but I don't see how they naturally meld together to be honest, this is my major concern...

Seems we'll have to wait untill the 23rd...

Nick, the way to think of it is probably (we'll see what the official statement is when the embargo ACTUALLY lifts!) that Career Mode is a collective name for the whole shebang, with you then being able to choose whether to Be A Manager, Be A Pro or Be Both. If you're just a Pro then the manager is CPU controlled. The way the backend will work should be no less dumbed down than the difference between playing a match and just simming it.

I wonder if this points at having reserve teams now?

Last edited:

@ Johnney,

2mil for the bestest biggest most exclusive game on the pc. Is it any wonder they won't waste money on it?

@ That other guy talking about spoilt console gamers,

In what way are we spoilt? If anything console gamers will have less money to spend as they can buy a premium gaming experience for about a 1/5th of a top end gaming pc.

And if you meant because "we" get all the best games it's because the piracy levels are far lower and have a far greater punishment. Modding your console can wreck it, your pc will always be fine.

Or am I "spoilt" because I can count to ten and realise that spending millions on development for it to generate 5% of the sales isn't worth it?!

If anything it's the pc gamers who are acting like spoilt brats, they are in a minority in a sector that will generate a loss for the commercial company yet continue to moan like they are entitled to have the best game for their bestest PC. Just buy a console instead of upgrading a new videocard next time and stop f#$king moaning!

2million is a good sale figure for any game. just because it diddnt sell 100m copies like COD doesnt mean it did badly. COD along with maybe 2-3 other franchises can only manage that amount of silly numbers.

You can hate all you want about PC gamers, fact is, PC is the reason why consoles exists. Your beloved 360's design and components are all inherited by PC's.

Infact, consoles are trying to become LIKE PC's, removable hdd's, online multiplayer, Installing games, browsing the internet, watching DivX/Xvid content, browsing your images, facebook, twitter, VOIP, HD gaming and now 3d gaming(done on 720p only :LMAO:).

This is probably the last time i will reply to your post because im not too bothered about your hatred towards PC Gamers. i mean fuck knows why?

I prefered PES's BAP mode to be honest. i also think ML is farrr superior to MM in fifa games.

All ea need to do is plug in the football manager game they created and use fifa 11 engine to play the match. That will just destroy ML

I prefered PES's BAP mode to be honest. i also think ML is farrr superior to MM in fifa games.

All ea need to do is plug in the football manager game they created and use fifa 11 engine to play the match. That will just destroy ML

Yup. Even the ISS2 RPG-style MM was better than anything the next gen fifa's have produced. The rewards in ML are far greater in than MM in FIFA. It must scare the Jesus out of EA what would happen if PES actually had the FIFA licence.

I don't have a hatred to pc gamers Jonney, I just find you annoying for continually missing the point. :P

And I don't appreciate being called spoilt when presenting logical and obvious arguments to not release on PC.

I don't have a hatred to pc gamers Jonney, I just find you annoying for continually missing the point. :P

And I don't appreciate being called spoilt when presenting logical and obvious arguments to not release on PC.

who got your blood boiling? what pc user did that to you lol certainly wasnt me. i appreciate both forms of gaming and i would love to see a port of fifa 11 on pc. its not a bad thing. i truely believe that if EA made a great port, it would sell close to a million. Now while you think its not as good as the 10m a majority of console games sell, its still a great deal of amount sold because most games struggle to sell a million copies.

dont hate on PC gamers man, respect each platform.:WORSHIP:

no 10v10 club mode?

Key Features
Next Gen Football Engine: The physics-based, data-driven technology behind the EA SPORTS football engine has been optimized for PC. Experience true freedom on the pitch with individuality of player control and movement, sophisticated ball touches, and physical interaction between players.
Next Gen Gameplay: The high quality gameplay, innovative game modes and stunning graphics that have made FIFA the highest rated sports game on the PS3 and Xbox 360 and winner of over 50 sports game of the year awards arrives on PC.
Virtual Pro: Live out the fantasy of being a real life footballer by creating yourself in game with a 3D head using Game Face. Play as yourself across any mode. Grow your player attributes through 230 accomplishments and take your Virtual Pro online to become a global superstar.
Customizable Set Pieces - Design and record your very own free kicks and corners for use on match day. Assign a specific run or movement to every outfield player on your team one at a time, and then combine them for the perfect set piece. Record, test and perfect them in the Practice Arena, then trigger in game.
Practice Arena—Work on individual and team skills in a fully featured practice mode before stepping on the pitch. Select the number of attackers and defenders you want in play (eg 11v11, 5v5, or even 5v3), and practice in open play or from set pieces.
360° Dribbling—The market-leading true 360° dribbling system improves dribbling control from 8 directional to full 360° control. Players can now find spaces between defenders that previously were not possible.
Skilled Dribbling—Next gen animation warping technology provides unprecedented control. Skilled players now have the ability to face a defender and use highly-responsive lateral dribbling to skip past him.
Physical Play— New next gen collision sharing technology creates a varied, less predictable, and extended fight for possession between the dribbler and a defender.
Player Urgency—Improved urgency AI logic, with over 50 next gen movement cycles, delivers more intelligent positioning and awareness so your players stay focused on the ball and move at a speed appropriate to the action.
Attacking —Players analyze space more effectively, curve runs to create passing lanes and vary attacking options.
Improved Defending Options — Defenders multi-task and play more intelligently by covering dangerous spaces left by out-of-position teammates. Better effort clearance logic, such as sliding to block crosses and overhead kick clearances, give defenders more tools to prevent goal-scoring opportunities.
Goalkeeper Intelligence —Goalkeepers now have more urgency and better perception of where to intercept loose balls, resulting in a more responsive and powerful rushing system. New animation warping technology provides game-realistic goalkeeper positioning and momentum, resulting in more varied scoring opportunities.
LAN Play — Host LAN parties and play friends online without being connected to EA servers.
PC Tools — Innovations to improve the experience, including VOIP support and lobbies for match-making by skill and geographical location.
Football World Integration—Go to easportsfootball.com to create your Game Face, search out rivals on global PC Leaderboards and create a PC-specific Friends Lists.
Stunning Next Gen Graphics—High quality renders that bring every player on the pitch to life, plus 62 different stadiums.
Complete Authenticity —Over 30 officially licensed leagues, 500 licensed teams and more than 15,000 players.

Product Specifications
Publisher: Electronic Arts Inc.
Developer: EA Canada
Street Date: Sept. 28 NA; Oct. 1 EU/Asia

Recommended Specs: CPU with Dual core processor (Core duo 2 or better). Intel Core2Duo @ 2.4Ghz on Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7. 1 Gigabyte of RAM (2 GB required for Windows Vista / Windows 7). DirectX® 9.0c Compatible 3D accelerated 256 MB video card or equivalent (must support Shader Model 3.0 or above). ATI RADEON HD 3870. NVIDI

Wasn't you jonney, someone else brought up the spoilt gamers part. Thats what irritated me.

As for the list, it's pretty much fifa10 minus the MM hype.

yea quality. i can see why you got irritated. your normally a laid back geeza in these forums.

Man how come i never see u online playing fifa 10? you should come join our bap club, sj and tobi from here are on it

I think we must wait for demo for pc . Ea has some smart bestards in team and they give not clear info anytime only because pre-orders ;)
but if fifa pc will be like fifa 10 xbox gameplay,graphics and physic then pc fans should be happy i think.

I think we must wait for demo for pc . Ea has some smart bestards in team and they give not clear info anytime only because pre-orders ;)
but if fifa pc will be like fifa 10 xbox gameplay,graphics and physic then pc fans should be happy i think.

yea they will

p1020130f.jpg

Am I right in thinking the next embargo is lifted tomorrow?

It's officially on friday, but it seems like new info will find its way out tomorrow.

Rutter tweeted:
"The FIFA11 Producer tour is done. News should be breaking over the next 24 hours, and enjoy reading - whilst I head home to Vancouver =)"

Reading Rutter's tweets it seems to be no gameplay video coming up, but video interviews and pictures.

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=2004725&postcount=4525

Interesting post from Ameppe in the PES-FIFA Neutrals thread:

The most important thing for Halifax (pes 2011 publisher in Italy) was to show the new passing system, that finally opens new possibilities to create a great gameplay

But this is a new kind of pes. It's very slow, it almost seems to be playing the old winning eleven(s). It really gives you this impression.
But, for now, the player movements are too slow because of inertia of players.
They all seem to be Adriano (the fat Adriano transferred to Roma)

It is a great attempt to fresh things up, and to follow Fifa. But with follow i mean by far, because the 75% fifa 11 version i played today is still a mirage to pes. Fifa 11 is simply devastating.

I'd be very surprised if the version he played was 75% - I thought they were touring the E3 build? But still, nice to see I'm not the only one who thinks FIFA's a big step up this year.

Back
Top Bottom