Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

Re: Fifa 11

Kiev - you can score free kicks with these players as well. It's not just the CPU. In fact I made some vids of Van Der Sar scoring free kicks at leisure and sent them to EA. Apparently my vids are why EA sorted free kicks out in WC2010. Which is why, after a year of sending a lot of good ideas from here onto them, I'm very confident it won't "be the same as 10".

Kinda off-topic but...can I have that video please, romagnoli?

People over at TAMFA have started banning allegedly gamebreaking elements of the gameplay (such as lobs) from tournaments as of late (I wouldn't ban anything to begin with but whatever), however they refuse to recognize free kicks as an issue, hopefully your video will make them change their minds.

I'm at workbut it should be in the FIFA 10 Videos thread if you search Bergkamp. That should show my vid about a keeper having a phenomenal touch; from there you should be able to see my vids.

How about making a clear difference between left and right footed players.No more outstanding controls,shots,dribbles and passes by Messi on his right foot and vice versa with Rooney on his left.
I guess it's down to individuality but I felt the need to point that out

Christ, Adam is whipping us into a frenzy on FSB :lol

It's weird, but I think its more of an acceptance of a variety of requests. It not the game will only appeal to FIFA fans, but also football fans in general. Large steps have been made to appease everyone. While they might not nail it 100% in a variety of inclusions, the effort to get it right and even include it will melt the coldest heart.

Sorry to be so cryptic, more will be spoken about at length on Wednesday.

Wednesday can't come soon enough, then I can detail exactly why I'm backing two football games this year.

You'll know why come Wednesday.

Think to why I prefer PES over FIFA, and look forward to Weds.

Yes the best FIFA so far, IMO. Thats because EA have listened to us. More on this in detail, probably from EA, on Weds.

I wonder what has been changed. guess we'll see tomorrow.

Yeah I was just going to post about it too... He makes it sound like they're making huge improvements this time. He surely knows how to hype a game, I can't wait to find out what it's all about.

Last edited:

What interests me most about his comments is that he's a huge PES fanboy with very little patience for FIFA. So unless Rutter has slipped £50 into his box of coco-pops this week then we might be in for a decent upgrade this year.

Yes FIFA 11 is going to be massive this year, it was last year you know and guess what "there will be new stuff in there, stuff people asked for" I can't say much more maybe EA will release some info, maybe at E3 too...

Does anybody have scans of todays Zoo magazine? There should be an article about FIFA 11. Thanks:BYE:

Someone go grab a copy from the newsagents, I would go but you know...its Zoo and i'm far too upper class to purchase such a thing. :P

Players can also now record and upload their own fan chants to play during matches, which makes Bubbles playing out at the Boelyn Ground a wonderful reality.

OMGGGGGG

Some more details

The first FIFA 11 details have arrived in lads mag, Zoo, which we've just run down to the shops and bought (all for work purposes, obviously).

EA says it's implemented "seismic improvements" to FIFA 11, including improved graphics, customisable audio, "massively" improved player AI and 'footballer personality'.

Addressing player complaints over FIFA 10's "ping pong passing", EA's invented "pro passing" for this year's game which allows you to control the weight of your distribution. This also means you'll want to think about the player your controlling, for example not whacking intricate through-balls with John Terry.

In fact, it sounds like EA's gone passing mad; FIFA 11 adds swerve passes, driven lobs, fancy flicks and through-balls with backspin.

Player AI is said to have improved "massively" though perversely, responding to criticism over 10's super-human stoppers, goalkeepers are now less intelligent.

The coolest improvement though, says Zoo, is 'player personality', which means that the world's best footy players now play just as you'd expect them to.

Each player now has a defensive and attacking work rate setting, so Wayne Rooney for example runs around at 100mph hassling defenders, while Dani Alives will charge forward but might be a little slow getting back to defend.

Players are also now able to pull off their own moves depending on personality, so Carlos Tevez is full of little flicks, while Didier Drogba will use his strength to roll defenders.

Elsewhere, FIFA's visuals are said to be massively improved with ten 'body types' in this year's game compared to FIFA 10's three, plus special cases like lofty Peter Crouch.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=250050

Sounds great :))

Sounds good but the goalkeepers weren't intelligent to begin with, will they now hide behind the goal instead of charging off the their lines at will like headless chickens begging to be lobbed?

I think you'll find it's about a different kind of intelligence. He doesn't mean the keepers will make more stupid decisions but fewer superhuman ones.

Someone give me a pm when they confirm manager mode won't be completely borked up again. And that if we find a ton of bugs this year they'll actually patch it rather than stick their middle finger up at us and claim that as long as the game works... it's not a bug.

Someone give me a pm when they confirm manager mode won't be completely borked up again. And that if we find a ton of bugs this year they'll actually patch it rather than stick their middle finger up at us and claim that as long as the game works... it's not a bug.

Now Rad You sound like you're mistaking FIFA 11 with that other game FIFA 10 I think it was...

;))

I really hope the player individuality part isn't just fluff.

more adam:
Can I be silly here and say one statement that might make you realise just how much EA listened?

Ready...

3 sock lengths in the game.

One silly little inclusion, that will give you an indication how far they have gone in player detail.
fifasoccerblog.

lol cool.

Last edited:

I really hope the player individuality part isn't just fluff.

Yep..I hope it isn't just a few individual moves and styles for the top ten or twenty players, on first play with the top sides as these will be the ones EA will use on any promo code, they will jump out at you and could seem like real progress on player individuality...

Both camps making good noises though...

The thing is that this complete reworking of the game engine that Zoo have announced here is the sort of thing that takes a hell of a lot of time and effort. Once it was clear that FIFA 10 was fucked in a number of areas that can't be easily remedied, they had to make a choice between making FIFA 11 the best it could be or making FIFA 10 better than it was and compromising on things like what Zoo's feature cover. 'What about WC2010' will be the inevitable argument - it's not the WC2010 team's fault FIFA 10's Manager mode was broken.

Thanks kamy

"You now see more than one player going for crosses..." could it really be??

Edit: Followed by a screenshot where only two people jump even if the one in front should do it too... it was too good to be true.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom