Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

Re: Fifa 11

Do you really think it's irrational for developers to try and stem the cannibalisation of sales by the pre-owned market by retail stores who will give you a fraction of your money back for a title and the put it back on the shelf for almost full cost?

The pre-owned market is very big at the moment, but the developers who actually make the games get absolutely nothing out of it. It'd be stupid of them not to try to protect their work from the profiteering of retail chains, and naive of the public to think that things can afford to continue as they are. I'm generally quite in favour of the Ten Dollar plan (shits on Ubisoft's DRM nonsense) and was wondering what would be done for the EASports titles. Personally I would have allowed unranked 1 v 1 matches but that would have involved a fair amount of unravelling code compared to blocking online servers as a whole.

I'd be more than happy if they release an offline only version of Fifa11 for £10 less :)

$10 ;)

You're more likely to get a slightly cheaper second hand copy of FIFA 11 this way as second hand retailers won't be able to justify selling the title for close to full whack (which in itself is pretty despicable).

If 2nd hand copies of Fifa could drop really low in price due to this $10 thing (which I have no doubt will become £10) - I might buy PES on release and then Fifa 11 a few months later this year instead of the other way around.

EA Sports is looking for Greek editors to work for them. I think the Greek Superleague in Fifa 11 is close!!!

YEAH!!!!

How much are existing $10 plans over here (and in the US, since $10 isn't necessarily what they're worth over there)? Anyone know?

I expect it to be £7 or £8 here.

Hi,

I think they will add new leagues from the below:

South America:
1.Argentina League
2.Brazil League
3.Chelian League
4.Ecuador League

Europe:
4.Russia League
5.Romanian League
6.Grecce League
7.Ukrainan League

Africa:
8.Egypt League
9.South African League

Asian:
10.Saudi Arabia League
11.China League
12.Qatar League
13.UAE League
14.Japan League ( no chance in heel ) Konami got it for life :(

Ocenia:
14.New Zealand League

Come on guys and gals tell me what do you think :)

Last edited:

Lets wait and see. I might be on my way back to Konami-world unless EA can convince me the game is getting big gameplay changes.

I tweeted:

Placebo_obecalP

@ruttski will manager mode be improved and work? 2:06 PM May 20th via web in reply to ruttski

Sadly no reply.....

I was going to say "be improved and actually work" but I figured I'd play nice ;)

I don't think they're going to answer any questions like that for a while yet (E3 would be when a lot of info spills out, I assume, but they won't necessarily be talking about MM at that point anyway).

Hi,

I think they will add new leagues from the below:

South America:
1.Argentina League
2.Brazil League
3.Chelian League
4.Ecuador League

Europe:
4.Russia League
5.Romanian League
6.Grecce League
7.Ukrainan League

Africa:
8.Egypt League
9.South African League

Asian:
10.Saudi Arabia League
11.China League
12.Qatar League
13.UAE League
14.Japan League ( no chance in heel ) Konami got it for life :(

Ocenia:
14.New Zealand League

Come on guys and gals tell me what do you think :)

I think your living in hope. You do realise EA added no new league's in Fifa 10 (on NG platform) so what makes you think they'll add 14 new league's to Fifa 11. The Brazilian league is already in Fifa 10 unless you mean Série B?

I don't think they're going to answer any questions like that for a while yet (E3 would be when a lot of info spills out, I assume, but they won't necessarily be talking about MM at that point anyway).

Well it's not really info is it, why would it be E3 info?

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this years release has a major development......IT HAS 25% LESS BUGS, THATS OVER 120 INDIVIDUAL FIXES!!!"

"Managermode has seen another huge development cycle this past year with Marcel hiring his wife as Executive Assistant. This has enabled the team to double their programming efforts and now we are pleased to announce that......*drum roll*....HALF OF THE MODE IS IN WORKING ORDER!!!!!"

:D

Didn't some magazine play FIFA last week? I wonder if EA try to take Konami's limelight by making announcements on June 1st.

Both PES and FIFA would have been played by several members of the press in one day, for minimal disruption to the dev teams. I doubt it'd be as reactionary as moving things forward to counteract the opposition; Konami have gone first because they're the challengers who need to try and get the headstart. EA also have a World Cup game to avoid undermining - this brief couple of weeks of football deprivation is prime marketing time for WC2010, which may even be why PES is going for June 1st and not later!

Agreed but PES has raised a few eyebrows this year for sure and EA recieved a lot of stick in the aftermath of FIFA 10. If anything its been a good time for Konami to try and counter EA with EA needing to show their hand know.

I personally doubt FIFA10 actually did receive much stick, outside of 'hardcore' gamers like us. I mean, it sold phenomenally well and had its highest metacritic score in franchise history. All in all a good years work!

(and depressing for us :( )

FIFA 10 got a he'll of a lot of stick on the official forums. The dev team were told not to visit the forum for a while because it was full of people being extremely aggressive and making threats aimed at family members.

Yep - which is why I think it's a no-brainer that Manager Mode will be much improved this year. It was one of the main focusses of gamer rage.

manager mode was/is a joke in fifa10. did they even play their own game bfore shipping it? wow. too many faults to mention.

We can but hope, I'm not sure it will be that much different though, a few more screens and yet more fairly pointless stats and still badly laid out so comparisons between players are either ridiculously tedious to carry out or impossible...

Maybe a token training thing added...

Back
Top Bottom