PES 2013 preset tactics

xicpanad

Premiership
27 March 2009
Ok so I´ve been messing around in PES 2013, doing lots of tests with PES editor and in game tactics screen.
I found that the game can totally change with the right tactics. I know Klashman has made a big deal in this department but my approach is diferent. Messing around with Defense line, pressing and positioning players in the tactics screen makes a huge diference. I managed to put CPU teams moving up the pitch with small passes here and there, with lots of support from midfielders, so no big gaps between defense and attack, and for sure no end to end action all the time. Like I always thought, CPU plays acording to our mistakes and if I let him, AI attacks me with fast counters.

Now the big problem is, CPU overrides these tactics no matter what. They start with the tactic that I edited but if they start loosing or winning by 2 lets say, they will change to All out defend or something, and those preset tactics can´t be edited. Wich means, not worth the trouble messing with tactics and saving them, CPU will use preset ones soon or later.

Is there any way to edit these preset tactics?

Ok so I´ve been messing around in PES 2013, doing lots of tests with PES editor and in game tactics screen.
I found that the game can totally change with the right tactics. I know Klashman has made a big deal in this department but my approach is diferent. Messing around with Defense line, pressing and positioning players in the tactics screen makes a huge diference. I managed to put CPU teams moving up the pitch with small passes here and there, with lots of support from midfielders, so no big gaps between defense and attack, and for sure no end to end action all the time. Like I always thought, CPU plays acording to our mistakes and if I let him, AI attacks me with fast counters.

Now the big problem is, CPU overrides these tactics no matter what. They start with the tactic that I edited but if they start loosing or winning by 2 lets say, they will change to All out defend or something, and those preset tactics can´t be edited. Wich means, not worth the trouble messing with tactics and saving them, CPU will use preset ones soon or later.

Is there any way to edit these preset tactics?

So wouldn't they switch to the other preset tactics 2, 3 and 4? They switch to something totally different?

Actually I found that some of the teams, contrarly to what I thought, still had some preset tactics saved, so they use them. Only way is to put all tactics as standard and then they will only use the first one.

Actually I found that some of the teams, contrarly to what I thought, still had some preset tactics saved, so they use them. Only way is to put all tactics as standard and then they will only use the first one.

Yep, makes sense. Are you planning on posting more details about your changes? Would be interesting to read.

Basically what I´ve done is to increase the width of teams, the pressing, and lowered attacking mentality. Then in tactics screen I have positioned players closer to each other, the closest possible (verticaly) without changing the roles of each player. As a result, attackers stay closer to midfield, defence line gets higher, and the lower attacking mentality helps teams play more like a hole, instead of leaving big gaps in the midfield.

Using Klashman´s edit.bin helps alot because lots of teams are already changed. I just did some minor tweaks.

Thing is, in this game, CPU plays the way you let them to. If you cover all spaces and passing lines, the CPU stops counters and moves the ball around until some gap opens. Playing with these tweaks helps and also makes it harder to break AI defenses.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom