Sony PlayStation 3

Re: PlayStation 3 - Official Thread (Design, Screens, Videos)

I really do hate fanboys!

If you can afford 2 buy the lot buy em!

The character models on GT5 look a bit off but its only a demo

flawless, yeah on the conference video he said the wireless controllers will get a days gameplay out of them before needing charging.

PS2 controllers can be used for up to 24 hours but then have to be charged up. And the graphic power of the PS2 is great!

Damm Fifa looks CRAP!

No change there then

Probably a competetive price right away since Xbox360 will be out for a few months already. Im guess around 300-400 USD.

Hopefully £250!

I have sat here for a bit and watched some of the PS3 vids, after changing my pants twice I have come to the conclusion that this machine will be amazing

of course its going to be amazing. i mean, look at the PSP, the handheld machine is more power and more capable than the PS2. you know sony is always on top of things. ;)

The GT5 trailer does show promise. At last there should be more than 6 cars in a race :) The sounds in the video also seem better, but i doubt the real game will sound as good.

The 2nd pic on the other page doesnt look as good as it could be. The trees are still made of card, as well as the fans, but theres still plenty of time till the release :)

mmm, GT as always appeared with great graphics, so i refuse to believe that Polyphony Digital will fail us this time, especially considering the super machine they have! :mrgreen:

Has anybody noticed that the batarang doesn't seems to have R2/L2?

it does, its in one of the pics on gamespot. I quite like the controller, and its smaller than it looks i think.

Anyone seen the Final Fantasy 7 Tech demo? That just looks so great.
It looked like Advent Children but it was all in-game stuff.
Too bad it isnt a real game though.

Milanista said:
it does, its in one of the pics on gamespot. I quite like the controller, and its smaller than it looks i think.

where?.. I can't find them!

OK, time for all the fanboy shite to stop, I've just read through the whole of this thread, and its great to find out new bits of info on the machine, not so good to be reading 'OH SONY WE LOVE YOU, XB IS DEAD'

I just figured out where I have seen the PS3 shape from before, its just a BOSE Lifestyle main unti on its side!!!! ;) Check it out people : http://www.bose.co.uk/home_audio/ht_systems/ls18_II/

As said earlier, it'll be a case of Online gaming winning for me, MS done a very good job with Live. I dont tend to get enough time to play singleplayer games anymore, and so playing a game Online with a bunch of Evo-Webbers is much more fun.

I just watched the 2 hour video a couple of hours ago. I have to say it wees over anything I've seen from the Xbox 360 easily.

Last edited:

New Metal Gear Revealed!
Hideo Kojima speaks about Metal gear Solid: Subsistence. Expect a new camera and online play! First details inside.

Konami is holding its annual E3 press conference as you read this. Right now Hideo Kojima is speaking to attendees about his latest project, Metal Gear Solid: Subsistence.
While some details are still sketchy, our editors in attendance have relayed to us information straight from Mr. Kojima's mouth.

In a nutshell, the game is being billed as something similar to the Substance project, which itself was a product that fell somewhere between an add-on and a sequel. Kojima believes that Subsistence will "complete Snake Eater." It is the ultimate addition for fans of the series.

Set to release exclusively on PlayStation 2 (that's right, two as in ooh...la-la), Metal Gear Solid: Subsistence will feature:

A New Camera System!
For the first time ever, the Metal Gear series will do away with the conventional top down camera in favor of a fully free-roaming third-person camera system our editors confirm is "not fixed."

Online Play!

According to our boys, Subsistence will allow for between one and eight players to participate in online matches separated into two distinct modes. The first of which is being tentatively called "Versus." While we don't know much about win conditions, we do know that it's essentially a player vs. player experience. The second mode is called "Snake Versus his Enemies." Earlky word is that this mode pits snake and other players against computer controlled enemies in what our editors are calling "cat and mouse" gameplay. More details to follow.

Extra Secrets and Goodies!
Players of Subsistence will be able to access a "secret theater" in which tere will be exotic movies, comedy pieces, and other assorted googides and secrets not unlike the Ape Escape bonus to Snake Eater or the various extras in Substance.

Duel Mode!
This mode of gameplay lets Snake relive all of the boss encounters from Snake Eater (though we'd love to also see those from Solid and Sons of Liberty). It can be further broken down into two styles. Normal Duel Mode is an excat recreation of those original encounters, while Tweaked Duel mode allows gamers to alter a variety of unspecificed options and fiddle with the gameplay in general.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/615/615392p1.html

Before I start, I am getting both machines Regardless so I ain't leaning to either camp here, I am just merely pointing out some stuff I felt/thought.

So I too have now watched the whole 2 Hour Sony Conference and was blown away by most of the Stuff ... And now like most people I naturally want to just give in to excitement and believe the Sony statements, evidence & Hype ?

BUT

Then you go and see the Xbox 360 Conference Video and Game footage and you start to think ..... "Surely Sony aren't as far in front as That in terms of Graphics ... or are MS being completely Honest with their Game footage whilst Sony exaggerate as in the case of the PS2 ?"

I still don't know what to make at this point ... I really don't ... but what I am sure of is that the Alfred Molina & Duck stuff was Amazing ... Period.

And lastly we then see some worrying info like this, which appears to be from someone who seems to know a thing or two about Proccesors and Flops calculating ....

(from inquirer.net)

-----------------------------------------------------------

IBM's Cell chip hype is total junk

Letter o't'Day

By The Letterman: Tuesday 17 May 2005, 12:06
SO IBM hypersters are claiming their cell chip can do two teraflops per second. what about the lastest power5??? Go to IBM.com and find out here.

There you can see the latest and fastest power5 dual core processors can do 56.78 Gigaflop/sec in an eight way configuration. That's 16 Power5 cores combined, and the total is only 56.78 gigaflops for 16 lowly Power5 cores, or, about three gigaflops/per core. which makes sense, a float point operation takes more than one clock to finish, and each power5 core has probably two or more FP units...

So, there is no magic, you can't possibly do more than one instruction in one clock in one unit. You can do multiple if you have multiple units. To have 1000gigaflops, you will need 500 units each operate at two gigaflops.

A teraflop means 1000 gigaflops, so IBM is claiming that one PS3 is 2000% faster than an eight way power5 server selling at half a million bucks??

This is stupid.

Dave Y

--------------------------------------

Worrying .... as if its True it means Sony are trying to pull another Emotion Engine on us ? and lots of People will feel quite Deflated as was the case with the "realisation" of the PS2's Actual Power.

Again as always .... Time will Tell ... :(

Cheers

Last edited:

Never quite understood the animosity between MS and Sony fans...i'm no fan but uptill now i only had Playstation. I certainly won't buy both consoles...But i'm hesitating. I'm not that technical but i read the Playsation 3 will be more powerfull than the XBox 360...BUT i think you guys forget something. Being first this time MS has a big advantage towards Sony, they can make exclusivity deals with game developpers...and it's all about games and not about the consoles (well to be frank: i play PES for 95% of the time). I think i will wait and see.

wait and see is what i will be doing for once but then i say that every fucking time and then chuck £300 at the game store. but from what i have seen i think ps3 is already winning good,bad i dont know. as for the 360 i cant help but feel really let down. and nintendo well i think they want to start thinking about going the same way as sega

dsgg said:
wait and see is what i will be doing for once but then i say that every fucking time and then chuck £300 at the game store. but from what i have seen i think ps3 is already winning good,bad i dont know. as for the 360 i cant help but feel really let down. and nintendo well i think they want to start thinking about going the same way as sega

For christ sake SEGA????

Nintendo are loaded they have no need as they dont have 2 sell games 2 Europe and they will still break even

yep without the gameboy they would be fucked and i think the psp is going to hurt them big time there. as for consoles i think there wasting there time when they could be making great games imo

That mgs4 trailer is hilarious hahaha! Now i really want to get started with mgs3 snake eater hehe

Back
Top Bottom