Sony PlayStation 3

Re: PlayStation 3 - Official Thread (Official Design)

Open in Real Player or WMP.
mms://a1234.m.akastream.net/7/1234/5372/1/gamespot.download.akamai.com/5372/netshow/gslive/2005/05/2stream_sonypress_e305_hi.wmv

Getaway looks AMAZING, so NICE! I have to wait ages for it though.

Looks like PS3 have stolen a march on M$oft. I hope this makes M$ reconsider and thus make a better machine. We want console wars to make the best console ever! All comes down to the games though.

With the pad not matching the mchines colour wise i think they might be a test one or one 2 stick next to the machine!

Class looking console tho!

Re: PlayStation 3 - Official Thread (Design, Screens, Videos)

yeah. they look very uuh.. futuristic. it would be like you are on the rear of a star trek battleship.and now ive seen that presentation, i could say thats not far from the truth. what a powerfull system, mindblowing!

btw, anyone stumbled upon some WE10 videos yet?

Seriously people watch this: Open in Real Player or WMP.
mms://a1234.m.akastream.net/7/1234/5372/1/gamespot.download.akamai.com/5372/netshow/gslive/2005/05/2stream_sonypress_e305_hi.wmv

2 Hours long, great, the whole PS3 E3 show for you.

LOL, I havent got an XBOX1, but look at my gamertag LOL.

I watched 1 hour so far, pretty amazing especially the eyeToy guy.

just saw the 'unreal engine' demo in that wmv.
i thought it was a fmv until one guy used a controller to zoom in and move about the 3d environment.

simply amazing!

i am edging towards a ps3 now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Im watching that 2hr job now and now seeing the power of the ps3 Im starting to think all the vids released earlier are defo 100% "in game" and not pre-rendered.

killing day, knock out, and motorsomething. jawdropping. the rest was jawdropping too , but those three made my mouth spread even more :)

after the shock, i started thinking about the possibilities for WE10.. and now..im afraid i wont enjoy we8le the same way as i did, knowing how it will look and play laughabily bad in about a year. 8 ways movement, 2d crowd, thats not even funny anymore. i mean who needs backward compatibility when the leap is so big? :)

lol yeah peat i know what u mean. still i cant really confince my mind to it, that it is really realtime, for example killzone, wich i definatly though of as pre rendered before, after the 2 hour move, i can imagine it being ingame. amazing.

Last edited:

It does all look mighty impressive, however I was REALLY pumped up for the PS2 when I saw the tech demos of the "Emotion Engine" and we all know what happened come launch time. Sony are good at creating hype, so are Ms for that matter, I won't believe anything for a good 4 - 6 months yet!

To be honest i dont really like the look of the console, it looks quite big aswell.

The games on the over hand look really impressive, although i want to wait until i see definante in-game videos. I remember what The Getaway was meant to look like on the PS2, when it came out it wasnt as impressive as the earlier pictures sugested.

Sudden strike12 said:
To be honest i dont really like the look of the console, it looks quite big aswell.

The games on the over hand look really impressive, although i want to wait until i see definante in-game videos. I remember what The Getaway was meant to look like on the PS2, when it came out it wasnt as impressive as the earlier pictures sugested.

Still smaller than 360!

Xbox and there massive consoles no need!

Dead Man said:
Still smaller than 360!

Xbox and there massive consoles no need!

I actually think the PS3 and 360 are almost identical in size. In fact IGN have the PS3 as being 3" taller and 1" wider. When they were holding the PS3 in the conference it was hardly "small". So I think they will be much closer in size this time around.

Its interesting how MS have gone for the concave look and Sony have gone Convex.

Footboy said:
IS it going to be the end of the winning eleven/pes patches ? I don´t think that in 1 year there will be blu-ray burners such as we have dvd-burners...
Blu-ray has a storage of 25 gb or more, how could we download this and edit such big files ?? ;(

because in 1.5 - 2 years time everyone will be using wideband internet instead of broadband or adsl.....were talking about speeds of up to 50mbps. in the uk the cable compnies like NTL are already getting ready for it.

Im Getting Nervous about this koz i cant see a blu ray burner coming out

we'll have to do with pes pc patching?

Any News On That WE10 Preview?

ReActor said:
I actually think the PS3 and 360 are almost identical in size. In fact IGN have the PS3 as being 3" taller and 1" wider. When they were holding the PS3 in the conference it was hardly "small". So I think they will be much closer in size this time around.

Its interesting how MS have gone for the concave look and Sony have gone Convex.

Gamespot have an oficial measurement. PS3 is almost 1/3 smaller than Xbo360 and is almost half as thin as it.

ps3 will be better then xbox anyways, xbox already showed their shitty new controller, still big still sucks

start banning them! :)

2006 is looking to be sweet as hell :D

technical demo of Gran Turismo

928379_20050516_screen001.jpg

928379_20050516_screen002.jpg

928379_20050516_screen003.jpg

mrdjkola said:
ps3 will be better then xbox anyways, xbox already showed their shitty new controller, still big still sucks

You wanna stick with that attitude then do it elsewhere. These fuckin arguments about which console is better do my fucking tits in

it said the controllers are wireless using bluetooth 2.0
upto 7 at once as well with no multitap or any of that crap.

Ive just mentioned to my other half that i will be wanting a hdtv flat panel by the end of the year to get ready for the 360 and ps3 .... that didnt go down to well :|
dohhh

Fukin hell this is amazing.
Killzone looks like perfect graphics (if there is such a thing)

Just watched the Xbox360 conference, and I must say im not as impressed as the PS3 one. Fifa looks ok, player models are kinda shit.

Milanista said:
Just watched the Xbox360 conference, and I must say im not as impressed as the PS3 one. Fifa looks ok, player models are kinda shit.

Yeah I just watched it too Milanista. I'm taken back with the difference in quality, it is kinda shocking. It's almost like its some mistake :shock: .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom