PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

hmmm...I'm playing PES with a gameplaypatch without the catch-up-bug and it's not a goalfest. This also counts for the loose balls btw. It's silly when you see a player jog towards the ball while you press the sprint button. Or sprint in ridiculous small steps like they are running in a swamp.
That catch-up-bug is arcady, I remember racegames had these silly catch-up-bugs too.

If that is so, then there should be no reason for Konami to not just take it out.

the same as there is no reason not to make all Al passing types fully manual.

In addition, I feel like the game is pushing me towards the goal constantly even when i want to play a methodical passing game (i.e backwards and to the side) because my players are all convinced about running forward and attacking so i have no choice but to look to go that way too. For what it's worth i always assumed it was Konami's more attacking AI coming into the foray but really footballers don't look to attack for 90 minutes like they do in PES. Sure they attack sometimes but attacking in PES somehow manages to always feel like a magnet drawing my players towards the goal even when completely unnecessary. It curbs any kind of passing game i find because you're constantly pushed towards the box rather than allowed to pass the ball around and push forward when opportunities become available (like looking for space to manipulate).

A lot of my simple five/ten yard passes result in my players being wrong footed, they are all charging forward.

Very frustrating.

I'm playing with Juventus, tactics wise I use 4-3-3, 3-5-2 and a defensive 4-2-3-1.

Not PES related much but hey..

From the PES 2013 event in Brasil (Jon Murphy's twitter)
536585_285527831540327_215779051848539_619118_1960637628_n.jpg

485808_285527894873654_215779051848539_619119_5324210_n.jpg

What's AVB doing there? :BLINK:

Last edited:

Research probably, coaching and all that.

More of it.. this time from Steve M's twitter:

AsdF6oLCMAE_Rnx.jpg:large

Jon Murphy again on twitter:

Our #PES2013Brazil first look event has kicked off, stay tuned to see all coverage, inc behind the scenes content!
http://www.facebook.com/PES
383408_10150801966699327_280573964326_9561128_196554882_n.jpg

Aaand according to another tweet by Claudio Prandoni (Brasilian games journalist), the embargo for info, images and videos is lifted on May 30th.

Jon Murphy ‏ @JonMurphy_PES
#PES2013Brazil Licenses won't be discussed yet. We may have some more info at E3

Steve Merrett ‏ @steve_merrett
You know those advances in PES 2013 you wanted? Yep, there they are

Antonio Fucito ‏ @Tanzen
We will soon go hands on with #pes2013, both on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
AsdSNv9CIAAWfQe.jpg:large

Did someone say 'already better than FIFA'? A couple, actually...

Last edited:

A lot of my simple five/ten yard passes result in my players being wrong footed, they are all charging forward.

Very frustrating.

This may sound very simple, but it works. Stop making that pass as you would. Instead, give yourself another second or two by coming inside or back on yourself (R2), then look to play the pass. Basically, give yourself a different angle. Also, make sure your using your players strongest foot. Doing what always worked before on PES doesnt on this version, it promotes patient build-up play. Keeping possession of the ball without sprinting, but merely jogging, will open up so many different options, rather than just the obvious one ahead.

Also, if your playing in an ML, make sure the Teamwork stats are high, if they are not, players won't be able to read each others play, which also causes this wrong-footing.

True Zee.

More from Jon:

Jon Murphy ‏ @JonMurphy_PES
The press are playing, and enjoying, PES 2013 at the #PES2013Brazil event! Time for interviews!
545798_10150802150514327_280573964326_9561989_835697068_n.jpg

On the pic why are the controllers wired?

WENB, in the shape of our dear leader Adam - the true voice of PES fans and self-declared 'PES Messiah' - is enjoying an all-expenses paid junket to that PES event in Brazil.

I'm sure he will be as objective as ever in his views during pre-release phase of PES 2013.

:JAY:

And more..

Antonio Fucito ‏ @Tanzen
Played nine matches with #PES2013, many things changed, many others will be revealed at E3. The embargo is set for May 30th at 14 CEST.

Manual shooting going down a storm. Seen some beautifully-placed 25-yarders and so much more variety.

Last edited:

Im amazed PES 2013 is playable at this stage especially as they thought they were going with the new engine this year for a long time.

Hope the animations are sorted! Animations, Sound and graphics and further improvements to gameplay.

Last edited:

Just like passing then.

Would've preferred we had a preset option in case people want to go all manual and not need use L2.

Just like passing then.

Would've preferred we had a preset option in case people want to go all manual and not need use L2.

i agree but i hope the standard shooting is fixed to be much less authomatic

This may sound very simple, but it works. Stop making that pass as you would. Instead, give yourself another second or two by coming inside or back on yourself (R2), then look to play the pass. Basically, give yourself a different angle. Also, make sure your using your players strongest foot. Doing what always worked before on PES doesnt on this version, it promotes patient build-up play. Keeping possession of the ball without sprinting, but merely jogging, will open up so many different options, rather than just the obvious one ahead.

Also, if your playing in an ML, make sure the Teamwork stats are high, if they are not, players won't be able to read each others play, which also causes this wrong-footing.

I understand what your saying but I'm doing all those things already. I know when its my mistake and when its not.

The teamwork stat never occurred to me though, I'll pay attention to it now.

Manual shooting is executed with L2+left stick+square confirmed by Steve Merrett

I don't know, I think I'd rather the shooting was more free by default rather than having assisted and manual versions, or at least have an option in the menus so that I don't have to press L2 when I want to place a shot.

Otherwise the control scheme becomes overly complicated.

I don't know, I think I'd rather the shooting was more free by default rather than having assisted and manual versions, or at least have an option in the menus so that I don't have to press L2 when I want to place a shot.

Otherwise the control scheme becomes overly complicated.

I agree, I'm not sure about this. So what happens to R2 then ? :CONFUSE:

I understand what your saying but I'm doing all those things already. I know when its my mistake and when its not.

The teamwork stat never occurred to me though, I'll pay attention to it now.

Playing without using the run-button (except for specific uses like on the wings or to reach an attacker when he got through) opens up the gameplay considerably and gives way more options and ultimately is more successful.

The next suggestion is to read the movements of your teammmembers before you make the pass to them, you can see that they want to go forward, want to go backward or just stay in position...

You don't need to make the pass immediately, calm the pace down and let them make their movement, they will return and give you other options.

Then you should look up the tactics and set them up to not be so offensive, not only formation, but also playersupport-level, compactness-level and the attack/defense-level.

Have fun.

I agree, I'm not sure about this. So what happens to R2 then ? :CONFUSE:

That's a good point. So for a 'finesse' manual shot it's :l2: + :r2: + LS + :square:? It's too convoluted.

Just make manual shooting standard. I think the implementation of stats in PES is good enough not to worry about a loss of individuality.

That's a good point. So for a 'finesse' manual shot it's :l2: + :r2: + LS + :square:? It's too convoluted.

Just make manual shooting standard. I think the implementation of stats in PES is good enough not to worry about a loss of individuality.

I think Konami thinks manual shooting is too complicated to be standard and therefore lets it only be useable through an additional button.

Thanks to the effective use of L2-passing in PES 2012 I'm now used to press L2 and can't wait to use it for shooting as well. The fact that they offer manual shooting at all can only mean that they finally fixed the goalkeeper on this gen, cause the only reason why manual shooting was not offered before was because the goalkeeper couldn't adapt to it.

So two great things wait already in PES 2013. If they let out the cheating and let out the catch-up-bug, it could be really nice.

Think I'll just have to keep L2 taped then.

EDIT:
Antonio Fucito ‏ @Tanzen
Interview time, we talked about the next gen too
AseLNbzCEAA40TJ.jpg:large

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom