PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

I wasnt expecting much from the demo as i thought the last few games have been shite but was really surprised with it, really like the first touch feature, makes a big difference when someone twats the ball of you and it bounces 20 feet away, it felt more like FIFA than previous games, especially the shooting, just hope they add to it and dont go backwards like last year.

In real football you can hardly see every bit of the field.

But, you most certainly can, from say, the top of the center circle, see the opposite wing. In PES, I cannot. Does that seem logical?

The camera doesn't in any way represent a realistic concept of what a player can, and can't see in real life, and frankly, nor should it. The camera should be close enough in to do precise stuff, but far enough out so you can see passes you might want to make, within reason. FIFA manages this comfortably with multiple cameras, and then has zoom and height controls to boot. PES doesn't get close.

FIFA's cameras don't seem brilliantly authentic perhaps, but it isn't a huge constraint on my ability to play an expansive game either.

But, you most certainly can, from say, the top of the center circle, see the opposite wing. In PES, I cannot. Does that seem logical?

The camera doesn't in any way represent a realistic concept of what a player can, and can't see in real life, and frankly, nor should it. The camera should be close enough in to do precise stuff, but far enough out so you can see passes you might want to make, within reason. FIFA manages this comfortably with multiple cameras, and then has zoom and height controls to boot. PES doesn't get close.

FIFA's cameras don't seem brilliantly authentic perhaps, but it isn't a huge constraint on my ability to play an expansive game either.

If you're playing on PC, use the tweak tool to set a camera angle.

joeryan said:
If you're playing on PC, use the tweak tool to set a camera angle.

Even if I were playing on the PC, it wouldn't actually make the standard cameras OK, and in any case, I own a 360.

No, but wanting to see every single player on the pitch is silly. Must be a ping pong passer.

:SHOCK: Interesting accusation. I wonder what it says about you that you have to insult someone who criticises the cameras in the demo?

I just want a camera which makes it possible to see a decent range in all directions around the ball carrier. Whichever camera I choose right now, apart from blimp which is so zoomed out I can barely see the ball, I don't get that. The game seems to like showing me a lot more of what is above my player than below.

It seems ridiculous that I often have to cross into the unknown because I simply cannot see most of the penalty area. I don't really see how anyone could deny this issue? I know some people are probably used to PES's cameras which have always been this way inclined, but with manual passing it just seems intolerable.

Last edited:

It has been talked on wenb rod, and i would love to see option in camera or at least 3 different widecam, i mean those unnecessary camera option should just be deleted if no slot in the current engine. My guess it has been passed along time ago to Konami and up to them now but it will get more impact if many people make a voice about this.

As long as i know, you've been closely related with FSB/WENB right, probably there is something can be done about writing a short article about it and if possible, night match and it's turf lighting. Thank you

Last edited:

I wish PES could offer a height and zoom feature. Have you tried one called player cam or something? It's similar to the FIFA be a pro cam from memory. Camera swings around too much for my liking but it gives you a more "in the game" perspective and mimics to an extent, the field of view that the passer would have.

Depends though man - I like the tele broadcast cam on FIFA but don't mind using Dynamic and then relying on instinct and the radar to make longer or offscreen passes.

Trying this on wife's laptop (borrowed ;) ) with general settings unlocked, quality night turfs, blur off, adjusted cam angles, and team chants and I just cannot stop playing this. I was enjoying it on default but all these different additions has made the demo come to life :D

One thing that still bothers me is how effective the CPU is at hitting free kicks on targets.

I like the demo overall.
But what I wanted to know: on which game speed do you prefer the demo? I started with default 0 but soon changed to -2 (as I did with PES2012).
What is your prefered speed setting?

I agree about the camera, it effects the way one can play and limits potential opportunities.

Speed setting and camera angle are related IMO. I think zero for Pitchside is good but on Long cam you could maybe go to -1 or -2. That's what I've done for 2012. Have left it on zero for the demo though.

Playing with flamengo I saw flares - 1st good thing. PLUS
Again no flags on crowd (like hardcore supporters behind goalkeepers). MINUS
Sound is again s**t (after goal or miss sound is unrealistic). BIG MINUS
Gameplay is better but I think still not the better than in fifa12. LITTLE PLUS
Stupid players animations again, why. MINUS.
Turfs - turfs look too perfect, sometimes in Brazil/Spain we have a bit ,,used'' turfs. MINUS.

Generally only gameplay is better, I dont think that this is big step from Konami.

Last edited:

Konami still do crazy things like Portugal v italy

portugal are in red so what colour is Buffon in? yep, Red!

I wont be going back to PES12 now. I cant - just for shooting alone.

Loved my first couple of games, not sure about it after another few games & loving it again after 10 games or so. Got up the this morning and had to put it on before breakfast.......sound familiar? I got that old PES feeling :BOP:

The main reason the demo might get a little stale is that 5 mins is not enough to get into a full swing of things. Konami have spoilt us with such an early demo!!

Well done Konami also, for the skippable video :)

Yeap, u r right. Gameplay makes you want play again & again.
But for me also graph sound flags turfs are important. Konami could do also improvements in these areas. For me that dirty things in football are missing (hardcore supporters like in fifa 12, great sound, etc.).
Also waiting for next demo / final version to see Barca and Camp Nou.

Speed setting and camera angle are related IMO. I think zero for Pitchside is good but on Long cam you could maybe go to -1 or -2. That's what I've done for 2012. Have left it on zero for the demo though.

you're right. i play with camera angle "wide" and speed -2

Dude, how long have you need to be told that flags and flares would not make it realistic? Read UEFA statement about such things and stop embarrassing yourself.

Those things are prohibited in most countries under UEFA directive. Yep, there are even sanctions against clubs who do allow flags on stadiums (some cases in Poland for example ;)).

So no, I don't need it in my game. Those things may appear in Brazil/Argentina though. Wait and see until game is released though ;).

(and as for sounds, modders can do better job, flags/banners can also be added by modders, so don't really see your problem).

Gameplay is fundamental change this year and KONAMI did for once, keep their word.

Off to play till midnight, again! :D

Wow.. people really play on -2 ? :SHOCK: I sometimes increase it into +1 . It is good though Konami can cater this two world, hope online get the right balance

Mr. for me no. 1 is a gameplay. Gameplay in demo Pes 2013 is good no doubt. You have got it? I don't really care about graphics or flags:CONFUSE: Maybe for you these things are important but not for me :BYE:

to say you dont care about graphics is rubbish, would you be happy if the game didn't have netting in the goals, or the turf was just one colour with no texture or the ball was just a solid white blob with no detail..I reckon everyone would..whilst graphics aren't the be all and end all it all adds to the game and the excitement and how much it draws you in..Konami fail at that every year, until the madders get hold of it and do a decent job although the modders cant fix everything

you are right (flares) and wrong (flags).
Flags in hardcore supporters sectors are everywhere - see barca game.
See also fifa 12 how great it looks.

Konami still do crazy things like Portugal v italy

portugal are in red so what colour is Buffon in? yep, Red!

I wont be going back to PES12 now. I cant - just for shooting alone.

Yup. England v Portugal, Hart in red!!

I wasn't a fan of PES2012 so I'm a bit rusty when it comes to the control scheme. I'm sure I saw a breakdown of all the controls for PES2013 on here somewhere. Can anyone point me in the direction of it?

31.jpeg

22.jpeg

112.jpeg

Hope it helps ;).

Back
Top Bottom