FIFA 10 Custom Tactics / Formations

What console do you have? If you are on xbox i can offer you mine, but i have only done the English leagues.

Will this third update (with tactics changes for the *70's squads) have effect on allready existing manager mode save games? Will have to wait to start a new manager mode till this patch comes out if it doesn't.

And with all the stuff you guys are doing manually, will this update not erase all off your hard work?

Uploading tactics to your locker means uploading them individually, the person downloading still needs to go through each team and assign teams to a tactic. It's not possible to upload a squad file if you're using the 360.

Used Nerf's website to go through the English lower leagues and randomly dotted around the tactics recommended for the divisions ... brilliant :D

The game plays MUCH, MUCH better now! The speed feels right now that I'm not being pressed all over the place, the CPU plays a more patient and realistic game and it just felt like what FIFA should be playing like anyway.

Brilliant work, Nerf :APPLAUD:

yup ive set up tactic and with my valencia manager mode, played a game against barcelona and damn it was a game to remember, barca played like barca and won 2-0 in a close contest but scored typical barca goal with a slow paced build up quick passes around the box, really you can definatly see the potential in this game but the cpu challenged are still unrealistic im so pissed off about the tackle from behind that doesnt get called and all the bump and players going down with no foul really kill me...

Can someone with knowledge let us know into which catagories the foreign teams fall? I'm not sure if we can use the standards we have (Arsenal, Chelsea,Manu,Bolton,etc). Otherwise maybe Attacking/short, Attacking/Long, Defense/short,Defense/Longball,etc will do. So who watched the respective leagues? I'll PM Lo Zio for Italy.

SPAIN said:
1 Barcelona 9 19 23
2 Real Madrid 9 17 22
3 Sevilla 9 11 19
4 Valencia 9 7 18
5 Mallorca 9 7 17
6 Deportivo 9 1 16
7 Sporting Gijon 9 1 13
8 Espanyol 9 -1 13
9 Athletic Bilbao 9 -4 13
10 Osasuna 9 1 12
11 Getafe 9 -2 12
12 Real Zaragoza 9 -5 11
13 Villarreal 9 1 9
14 Valladolid 9 -3 9
15 Almeria 9 -4 9
16 Tenerife 9 -12 9
17 Racing 9 -7 7
18 Atletico Madrid 9 -9 7
19 Xerez 9 -13 5
20 Malaga 9 -5 4

Italy said:
1 Inter Milan 11 19 28
2 Juventus 11 9 21
3 Sampdoria 11 5 21
4 AC Milan 11 1 19
5 Fiorentina 11 3 18
6 Napoli 11 -1 17
7 Genoa 11 -2 17
8 Parma 11 -2 17
9 Cagliari 11 2 16
10 Palermo 11 1 16
11 Bari 11 3 15
12 Chievo 11 2 15
13 Udinese 11 0 15
14 Roma 11 -1 14
15 Lazio 11 -4 11
16 Atalanta 11 -6 9
17 Bologna 11 -7 9
18 Livorno 11 -8 9
19 Catania 11 -7 7
20 Siena 11 -7 6

Germany said:
Bayer Leverkusen
2 Werder Bremen
3 Hamburg
4 Schalke 04
5 TSG Hoffenheim
6 Bayern Munich
7 Wolfsburg
8 Mainz
9 Eintracht Frankfurt
10 Borussia Dortmund
11 Hannover 96
12 Borussia M'gladbach
13 SC Freiburg
14 VfB Stuttgart
15 Cologne
16 Nurnberg
17 VfL Bochum
18 Hertha Berlin

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying nerf's generic tactics. Thanks a lot for your great work.
The next step would be to create a more detailed matrix which team uses which generic template (nerf 1-10)
Unfortunately my knowledge of team tactics is limited....

I'm really enjoying nerf's generic tactics. Thanks a lot for your great work.
The next step would be to create a more detailed matrix which team uses which generic template (nerf 1-10)
Unfortunately my knowledge of team tactics is limited....
Cheers, happy that it helps.

I agree that it would be an ideal 'next step' to take, but a step taken in the awareness that our collective knowledge would probably not spread very far across the leagues. With the best will in the world I'd venture to guess that you might not successfully complete more than about a third of that matrix (which, you might fairly argue, could still be better than none of it).

Personally I elected not to attempt it, on the basis that since I have no means of knowing how Zdeněk Psotka actually sets out his real Sigma Olomouc team, or the strategy that real-life FK Teplice coach Jiří Plíšek favours (thanks Wikipedia), then the accuracy sort of isn't going to matter to me as long as I get good balance and variation.

But I definitely agree with your point and wouldn't want to be discouraging. I'm sure there will be some leagues that could be completed relatively easily (and would happily add to the guide if they were supplied).

Last edited:
I think if we managed the top 5 leagues with the 20 odd tactics they could easily be used for the other leagues. It's just getting people to let us know which team uses what generic style.

What console do you have? If you are on xbox i can offer you mine, but i have only done the English leagues.

You have the 360 ones all done and saved in your locker? If so mind if I add you so I can get them off you please? :)

Edit: Did you change your gamertag? Says you don't exist :(

Last edited:
Placebo, I have only done the english, italian, german, and french leagues for now

Yeah i will edit my profile now forgot to do it haha.

My new gt is DannyBower v2

Can you send me a friend request please as the wife is playing MW2 right now, that way if I go on tomorrow I can get the tactics off you (I assume you've saved them into your locker?) I just want the EPL ones to do a Premier League as Wigan as I wait for the proper tactics update :)

Cheers

ok buddy i may not be on for a few days due to coursework for college n family issues but i'll get on within the next 3 -4 days. I promise

Placebo, I have only done the english, italian, german, and french leagues for now

Yeah i will edit my profile now forgot to do it haha.

My new gt is DannyBower v2

You didn't save them to your locker did you? I just looked and you have no tactics/formations saved in your locker......

So... I finally finished working on the Premier League Teams and I also finished PSV Eindhoven, FC Porto, Bayern Munich, Olympique Lyon, Juventus Turin, Piräus, Bayer Leverkusen, Werder Bremen, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Benfica Lisbon, FC Barcelona and Real Madrid.
I reduce the values of 3 attributes at 15% for each player in a team: pass speed, acceleration and sprint speed. Also I changed the tactics for
all EPL Teams according to this awesome thread ... including some build up speed tweaks (new max. 50)... and the result is really, really satisfying. Get some awesome machtes :))

So... I finally finished working on the Premier League Teams and I also finished PSV Eindhoven, FC Porto, Bayern Munich, Olympique Lyon, Juventus Turin, Piräus, Bayer Leverkusen, Werder Bremen, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Benfica Lisbon, FC Barcelona and Real Madrid.
I reduce the values of 3 attributes at 15% for each player in a team: pass speed, acceleration and sprint speed. Also I changed the tactics for
all EPL Teams according to this awesome thread ... including some build up speed tweaks (new max. 50)... and the result is really, really satisfying. Get some awesome machtes :))

Please tell me you're going to whack it onto a memory stick and upload it?! :PRAY::PRAY:

Back
Top Bottom