PES 2015 Discussion thread. PC

Bundesliga isn’t a good example. Germany has the strictness industrial property law in Western Europe, in the same lines, although less strictness, that the US. Basically they cannot ship a product with a resemblance of a brand without license in Germany. However, this doesn't mean that they cannot ship a game with the ability of customization by the consumer as long that they themselves don't provide anything related to the brand (parts of symbols, kit models, etc.). So I agree with zlac and Jamezinho, Konami can provide the tools to have a sort of fileloader, as long as they themselves aren't evolved directly.

Without the game being cracked, it would be impossible to create tools like Kitserver or FileLoader. I'd prefer a standalone game over a Origin or Steam infested game anytime.
That's not properly true.
FIFA 15 has not been cracked yet as far as I Know, but Revolution Mod and Fidel's patches are already around.

That's not properly true.
FIFA 15 has not been cracked yet as far as I Know, but Revolution Mod and Fidel's patches are already around.
I'm not talking about modding in general, I'm talking about these specific tools that enable more functionality.

I'm not talking about modding in general, I'm talking about these specific tools that enable more functionality.
There shouldn't be a need for these tools at all really. Konami needs to make PES more mod-friendly rather than creating barriers that make life difficult. Plenty of games can be modded simply by dragging-and-dropping files into the game's directory. One example is Cities XL which has a 'mods' folder as standard. I've got hundreds of mods running in that game just by dropping files in there.

The question is, why can't PES be as simple to mod as this? E.g. a folder for stadia where you can drop in as many as you want and they are there in the game when you load it up? Same for balls, boots, logos etc...

That would require Konami to care first and foremost.

Considering the internal structure of .cpk files, Konami could easily support lightweight content modding via some kind if 'mods' folder. Most of us could live with them not officially supporting anything that goes beyond that. From legal POV, including such modding facilites shouldn't be a problem either - as long as Konami themselves doesn't include any copyright-infringed content. FFS, wasn't EA's Creation Centre (ab)used to death to create Champions League alike competitions in FIFA?

Considering the internal structure of .cpk files, Konami could easily support lightweight content modding via some kind if 'mods' folder. Most of us could live with them not officially supporting anything that goes beyond that. From legal POV, including such modding facilites shouldn't be a problem either - as long as Konami themselves doesn't include any copyright-infringed content. FFS, wasn't EA's Creation Centre (ab)used to death to create Champions League alike competitions in FIFA?
Each PES for PC in existence has been a straight console port, and each time modders still found ways to mod the games; why should KONAMI change something about that? They are offering an ingame edit mode on all platforms and obviously that's enough in their eyes. Their mentality isn't going to change.

Modding has kept the Pro Evolution Soccer brand alive for years. Such a shame, ungrateful KONAMI never acknowledged the modding community doing it free of charge, relying mostly on advertising. The obvious reason is the license fear of organizations such as FIFPro. (The idea of paying thousands of dollars for each letter in Messi's name... hmm maybe this is why PES never use players full name :D).

I can remember the times when I first played PES - the next minute I was on Google searching for REAL TEAM NAMES fix/patch as I couldn't bare to play this fantastic game (much better than EA's product) with fictional teams such as NORTH LONDON, MERSEYSIDE... the obvious reason why this board exists and why we are here right now.:shiver:

Btw KONAMI made modding a little easier with the .xml structures introduced in PES 2014, but obviously it has not been enough.

Last edited:
webn.italia talking to the guys, they said that the gameplay and the physics of the ball of the PC version is identical to the PS4, the only thing they noticed was the best artificial lighting in the PS4 version. so the only Thing to do now is wait for these two weeks and then enjoy the joypad :)

sorry my bad english:P

If it will look like this on PC, then graphically it will be good enough. But will it look like that?

B1NKHsIIIAIlhXE.jpg:large

That's the big question. Konami don't seem interested in clarifying much regarding the PC version.

As you said, if it does indeed look like that then I will be quite happy. Those player models, faces and kits are substantially better than FIFA's.

Did I hear that correctly? They want people to spend real money to buy virtual players for 'myTeam'??

Yup they are...my first thought when I watched that part of the video is:
"They are copying Fifa's Ultimate Team" Why? because that is a big $$ source for EA and players love it (those who spend on it) so konami wants a piece of that pie. Commercial decisions.

About that Screenshot above, yeah it looks awesome, the player models are so much more natural than Fifa 15, which I only played the PC demo but I reckon it shouldn't have a big difference from the full version.

About two more weeks to the PC demo. Lets see then

Did I hear that correctly? They want people to spend real money to buy virtual players for 'myTeam'??

Unfortunately that seems to be the future in (online)gaming.

Even on android and IOS there´s hardly any mobile game where you don´t have to or can spend real money to unlock any kind of stuff.

"They are copying Fifa's Ultimate Team" Why? because that is a big $$ source for EA and players love it (those who spend on it) so konami wants a piece of that pie. Commercial decisions.
I can't see the video right now but... Is paying real money mandatory to buy players (as in "no chance to get the player unless you pay for him with real money") or it's just an option (as in "you can buy packs with ingame currency and try your luck" and in "you could trade your way to the player you want by buying/selling ingame items for ingame currency until you store enough ingame currency to buy him")?

In Ultimate Team the model is the latter: you don't have to pay real money for the players (or, at least, not to EA...
You can still go the "easy way" and pay someone to give you enough ingame coins to buy the player you want but it's by no means supported by EA). Too bad UT is infested by cheaters and b people farming ingame currency in order to sell it for real money (again, it's not a supported practice yet it looks like EA decided to close an eye, or should I say both, on it).

Last edited:
About that Screenshot above, yeah it looks awesome, the player models are so much more natural than Fifa 15, which I only played the PC demo but I reckon it shouldn't have a big difference from the full version.

I played the full game FIFA 15 on PC. KONAMI's screenshot is superior compared to FIFA 15 graphics. The lightning, faces, kits and bodies look much more realistic in KONAMI's creation. Oh well the kits & body part in FIFA 15 is a real tragedy - for example Messi looks like he just got out of jail after serving 5 year in prison for tax fraud. I mean way too muscled body for the guy :D I wonder what Cristiano Ronaldo looks like, not to mention Hulk of Zenit St. Petersburg:SNACK:

I can't see the video right now but... Is paying real money mandatory to buy players (as in "no chance to get the player unless you pay for him with real money") or it's just an option (as in "you can buy packs with ingame currency and try your luck" and in "you could trade your way to the player you want by buying/selling ingame items for ingame currency until you store enough ingame currency to buy him")?

In Ultimate Team the model is the latter: you don't have to pay real money for the players (or, at least, not to EA...
You can still go the "easy way" and pay someone to give you enough ingame coins to buy the player you want but it's by no means supported by EA). Too bad UT is infested by cheaters and b people farming ingame currency in order to sell it for real money (again, it's not a supported practice yet it looks like EA decided to close an eye, or should I say both, on it).

According to this article from a known german gaming magazine it´s not mandatory:

http://www.pcgames.de/Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2015-PC-259026/News/Neuer-Trailer-stellt-Spielmodi-des-FIFA-15-Konkurrenten-vor-1141076/

They say that it´s up to you.
Like, if you don´t have much time to play the game you could also get your players by buying them with real money.

It´s like that with many games and I think there always has to be an option to achieve your stuff without paying for it.

I´d avoid games that force me to keep on paying.

It won't be mandatory ... watch the video again from 1:00 minute and observe. Want better agent? Use either GP or coins. Narrator says that anything can be purchased either via free GP points (which you acquire by playing, winning matches, participating in events, through daily logins, etc.) or $$$ coins.

Real $$$ is just an option for impatient, pay2win gits.

Back
Top Bottom