PC Winning Eleven 8

xSaiko

Conference
17 September 2011
Roda JC
1jonkg.jpg

This thread is for all those people still rockin this brilliant soccer simulation
and for those who want to find a better soccer gaming experience.
Forget about PES 6..
try this old classic and be amazed by how good it was, is and always will be!

Yes, it might be old and outdated..
but maybe we can revive it, blow away the dust and let its true power shine.
The ultimate goal to get that done..
would be the realisation of a faceserver for WE8.

WE8 Tools Collection
Lodmixer 1.9 + Timepatch
KDF World Mod
Chinese WE8 Community

:RSCARF:WE NEED A FACESERVER!:RSCARF:

The previous thread was closed because illegal content was subject of the discussion, so please no illegal links ;)

Good man, I'm trying my best right now since I have some free time to do some graphics mods not done before and hopefully do some type of update to my previous mod as well.

But a faceserver would be a godsend for this game.

Hopefully some more people who prefer the gameplay to this game over PES 6 might contribute some insight.

I'm trying to find the correct real team names for online and offline.
better we8.exe patch

i heard many year ago , some one did a PC WE8i: patch reals names 0.90 by Energia

Has anyone managed to actually download a patch from the Chinese Community? I managed to register to the forum and to log in, but i cant find any link to their patch, which is up to date by the way

i loved winnnig eleven 8. But winninng eleven 7 is light years better. i wish people would rediscover that classic game. but i agree, pes 6 is really overrated.

I prefer Winning Eleven 7 too, and actually i have all the tools needed to patch it up to date, but i am not going to do it if i dont find someone that will work on the database, because i have no time for the database (option file).

if konami had 1 employee of average IQ they would release pes 3 on the PSn with current rosters and unis. i'd pay 15 euros for that, np.

But the likes of Jonh Murphine et alia don't know a shit about their own customers. So crap new games is all we get from them.

if konami had 1 employee of average IQ they would release pes 3 on the PSn with current rosters and unis. i'd pay 15 euros for that, np.

But the likes of Jonh Murphine et alia don't know a shit about their own customers. So crap new games is all we get from them.

Well they might not know shit about their own customers but they know about business.

If they released a cheap PES3 on PSN, then nobody would pay full price for PES2013 so they'd be shooting themselves in the foot.

Well they might not know shit about their own customers but they know about business.

If they released a cheap PES3 on PSN, then nobody would pay full price for PES2013 so they'd be shooting themselves in the foot.

I dont think so. No matter how much i like old games, i must admit that the gameplay of new games is just much better. I love pes 3, and pes 4 too, but when i want to play real modern football i always choose pes 2013. The only thing that irritates me is the fact that in pes 2013 they removed the option to create your own leagues. Let's be realistic, old games were fun, but only a few people would still play them. If people really prefered old games, then now in this community we would have a lot of patches for Pes 3, Pes 4 and other old PES. But as you see, even patches for the overrated PES 6 are not so many like before

Yeah but 10-15 euros/whatever for 'Pro Evolution Soccer' on PSN versus 40-50 euros/whatever for a full price latest PES game. Both with updated rosters/kits as suggested by Issidingo, what would you buy if you didn't have either?

Yeah but 10-15 euros/whatever for 'Pro Evolution Soccer' on PSN versus 40-50 euros/whatever for a full price latest PES game. Both with updated rosters/kits as suggested by Issidingo, what would you buy if you didn't have either?

Still the newer version, its not a question of price. Same for updated rosters. I just prefer the newer gameplay. There are too many things on the field that cant be done with older versions. As i said before, i like a lot old PES games, i still have Winning Eleven 7, Winning Eleven 7 International, Winning Eleven 8 Asia Championship, 9 Asia Championship and many others. But yet, when its time to play with friends, we switch for Pes 2013. Anyway we are going too much off topic. Not that right now there are people posting something about PES4 anyway

I prefer Winning Eleven 7 too, and actually i have all the tools needed to patch it up to date, but i am not going to do it if i dont find someone that will work on the database, because i have no time for the database (option file).
You have kitserver and lodmixer for this game? If you could upload it, much apperciated :))

WE8/PES4 is one of the worst PES games in old generation, if we look the gameplay. It's huge step back compere with PES 3 ! PES4/WE8 has choppy,incomplete and sharp animations,disappeared fluency in gameplay which PES 3 eyes stroking, bad and weird shots , bad passing , bad GK. But there are good sides of course! Perhaps the best graphics and menus in the PS2 era, the first online network LAN mode . thats why it is a game we play a lot.

Last edited:
WE8/PES4 is one of the worst PES games in old generation, if we look the gameplay. It's huge step back compere with PES 3 ! PES4/WE8 has choppy,incomplete and sharp animations,disappeared fluency in gameplay which PES 3 eyes stroking, bad and weird shots , bad passing , bad GK. But there are good sides of course! Perhaps the best graphics and menus in the PS2 era, the first online network LAN mode . thats why it is a game we play at lot.

It even had a lot of lag and framedrops on corner kicks. At least WE8.

Last edited:
It even had a lot of lag and framedrops on corner kicks. At least WE8.

Yeah ,lag as hell , but then we play it with Hamachi, via the Internet and in those years the Internet was not that good and fast as now! Anyway, the game has been played a lot and almost constantly because is the first PES with online multiplayer , it was a big deal.

Last edited:
It's all a matter of preference, I suppose.

Is PES 6 the most patched version of the older games because it's considered the best by the majority or simply because it was the last one released? If it's because of gameplay, then it's a shame that the older generation only lives on the PS2 as the gameplay is far superior with the years since PES 6 was released.

But, I think that most people like a version because it just "feels" right. My main concern is gameplay and player response, which is the reason I never liked PES 5 and 6, I found the players lagged too much to responde to your commands. In other words, the addition of realism (which I admit PES 5 and to a lesser degree PES 6 are far more realistic than any of the previous versions).

I personally loved PES 2 (WE6) and found PES 3 played just as well though I still preferred the previous version. Then WE8 was released and the gameplay made my mouth drop. Although faster and seemed less realistic than PES 3, the fun factor and excitement was far superior in my mind.

And to this day it's the reason why I still patch it and play it with my friends.

And speaking of PES 2013, I find it hard for any fan of PES 6 not to like it. As a WE8 fan, PES 2013 is a wonderful alternative but if I was a fan of PES 6, with PES 2013, PES 6 has become irrelevant. Why anyone would continue to play it is beyond me.

It's all a matter of preference, I suppose.

Is PES 6 the most patched version of the older games because it's considered the best by the majority or simply because it was the last one released? If it's because of gameplay, then it's a shame that the older generation only lives on the PS2 as the gameplay is far superior with the years since PES 6 was released.

But, I think that most people like a version because it just "feels" right. My main concern is gameplay and player response, which is the reason I never liked PES 5 and 6, I found the players lagged too much to responde to your commands. In other words, the addition of realism (which I admit PES 5 and to a lesser degree PES 6 are far more realistic than any of the previous versions).

I personally loved PES 2 (WE6) and found PES 3 played just as well though I still preferred the previous version. Then WE8 was released and the gameplay made my mouth drop. Although faster and seemed less realistic than PES 3, the fun factor and excitement was far superior in my mind.

And to this day it's the reason why I still patch it and play it with my friends.

And speaking of PES 2013, I find it hard for any fan of PES 6 not to like it. As a WE8 fan, PES 2013 is a wonderful alternative but if I was a fan of PES 6, with PES 2013, PES 6 has become irrelevant. Why anyone would continue to play it is beyond me.
PES 6 has the best part of all previous games ! Somebody do not like that, they like some drawbacks of previous versions because it is "fun" ,but realistically PES 6 was the only game to this day, which has almost everything working properly and as it should be! PES 2013 is far from this definition
It is no surprise that PES 6 is one of the most loved by fans, just for those reasons, he is the most finished product of Konami to this day.

pes6 is a non sense arcadish run and cutback 1 dimensional game.

it has good visuals and good animation. but gameplaywise is the worst konami game from the ps1/ps2 time. Players feel weightless and they can turn and twist like superheroes. The beginning of the end actually. it they take pes6 as model for the ps4 then i'll stick to fifa forever.

if u started playing ISS some 15 years ago there is no way u can find pes6 an interesting game gameplaywise.

Last edited by a moderator:
pes6 is a non sense arcadish run and cutback 1 dimensional game.

it has good visuals and good animation. but gameplaywise is the worst konami game from the ps1/ps2 time. Players feel weightless and they can turn and twist like superheroes. The beginning of the end actually. it they take pes6 as model for the ps4 then i'll stick to fifa forever.

if u started playing ISS some 15 years ago there is no way u can find pes6 an interesting game gameplaywise.

Funny, the reason I never liked PES 6 was the fact that players actually reacted more realistically than PES 4, and in my mind making for a worse VIDEO GAME.

Don't get me wrong, I love realism when the game requires it but not at the expense of gameplay.

whats up?Im a ministrator of WE8FANS
额,还真是宅男兄..
Last year to this year, finally registered a number, whenever you take a look at the first mark ...
WE8是一个经单的游戏,因为经典,所以传承...WE8 is a by a single game, because the classic, heritage ...
..........................2013.4.16 PM

Back
Top Bottom