Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo revolution

Ninty may as well give up and go home now

it looks like a friggin TV remote. i don't see how this will work for certain games. i can understand the principles of how it will work with games like baseball, but what happens when u get a footy game? do u shoot the thing? this is seriously the final nail in the coffin for nintendo if they go ahead with this gimmick.

It looks like one of those remote's you get in the arm of your chair on a aeroplane lol. Not impressed at all really

To be a little fairer, that image only shows the half the controller, you need to watch the video to get the concept of it, not that I'm totally convinced by it yet mind.

Oh I watched the video alright....

I just dont think that the control looks suited for games that would interest many people over the age of 12. :lol:
I mean its all well and good for kids to play Mario Fishing, Mario Dentist, Mario Baseball, Mario Japanese girl looks like she's playing with a virtual phallus, or even Yoshi all of the above.

But what about a Resident evil game, or a WE/ PES, or even a Fifa if you're that way inclined. I'm sure they've thought about them and they have plans, but I just cant ever see myself learning to cope with that....thing....to try play one of them.

I'm sure they will have a second convencional controller.
It would be impossible to play WE,RES etc.. with that remote.

I can only praise to have dared to be different.

but omg, my tv remote looks better than that. :lol:

If any of you have actually read about what this controller can do, and are still not impressed, then you're a fucking idiot!

Trust me, the technology in this thing is amazing!!!! :mrgreen:

this is funny
revcon2.jpg

tbh, i can't see myself waving that remote in front of my tv.

i would end up breaking something in my small room. or i could get a repetitive strain injury.

It's stupid, people do not like change, I think Nintendo are just alienating developers and casual gamers, do you really think EA are going to like having to re-do all the controls etc for multi-platform games? Nope, I didn't think so.

They're going to end up with loads of poorly done games apart from the ones they make themselves, which are not my type of game, my money is going elsewhere.

interview with nintendo's european exec:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=60917

Eurogamer: How is the controller going to work with games that aren't designed specifically for the Revolution - multi-platform titles and so on?

Jim Merrick: We're producing a classic-style expansion controller, based on traditional designs like the Gamecube controller. It's like a shell with a hole in the top into which you slot the freehand-style controller, and then you can play third-party ported games, and retro Nintendo games you've downloaded.

So there's that option - but even while it's inserted into the classic-style shell, the freehand controller will still be able to sense positioning and so on, so there are more options too.

It's something that's just as true for the DS - not every game uses the DS's unique features. But some multi-platform titles do, like The Sims 2 for example. We hope other developers will do the same and look at ways their multi-platform titles can make use of the Revolution's features.

my comment: don't worry lads, i think nintendo will bundle the classic attachment with the console, probably a gamecube controler with snes style buttons.

this is only half of it the technology in the rev is going to be brilliant, esp the bump mapping feature. also imagine the a headset addon!

j4y3m said:
It's stupid, people do not like change, I think Nintendo are just alienating developers and casual gamers, do you really think EA are going to like having to re-do all the controls etc for multi-platform games? Nope, I didn't think so.

They're going to end up with loads of poorly done games apart from the ones they make themselves, which are not my type of game, my money is going elsewhere.

people do not like change? pfff. the whole industry has been nothing but, i guess gamers are use to it by now. btw theres are difference between change and improvement. i think lots of game makers consider the new options as a challenge and something exiting. its not like its only usefull for ping pong games, there are thousend of possibilities.

the bottom line is that its a bit ignorant to allready jump to a negative conclusion right away, it struck me a bit, and i am no nintendo fanboy or anything, never owned a thing from them, but i like how they are trying to aim on a different market then sony/microsoft, it brings fresh ideas into the market. maybe u dont agree but dont tell me that people do not like change, thats been said just too many times so that it became a truth, but in fact it isnt, we need change.

Nobody needs change, I see nothing wrong with the current controlers we have.

People who like me will probably own two consoles would find it hard to switch between a normal controller and such a different one IMO.

PESV said:
people do not like change? pfff. the whole industry has been nothing but, i guess gamers are use to it by now. btw theres are difference between change and improvement. i think lots of game makers consider the new options as a challenge and something exiting. its not like its only usefull for ping pong games, there are thousend of possibilities.

the bottom line is that its a bit ignorant to allready jump to a negative conclusion right away, it struck me a bit, and i am no nintendo fanboy or anything, never owned a thing from them, but i like how they are trying to aim on a different market then sony/microsoft, it brings fresh ideas into the market. maybe u dont agree but dont tell me that people do not like change, thats been said just too many times so that it became a truth, but in fact it isnt, we need change.

Totally agree with that mate.

The XB360 and PS3 will only be next-gen in terms of graphics. At least the Revolution is truly trying to be Revolutionary.

So if you want a console with better graphics and a normal pad, then fine. You've got two to choose from.

But if people want something more, then at least the Revolution is a third choice. One that I'll definately be taking

Last edited:

j4y3m said:
Nobody needs change, I see nothing wrong with the current controlers we have.

People who like me will probably own two consoles would find it hard to switch between a normal controller and such a different one IMO.

yes but dont u agree that what u are looking for is allready available in the ps3 and x360? its nice to have another party who explores different directions.

maybe after u tried it, u will see whats wrong with current controllers. maybe not. its just too soon to come to a conclusion.

besides. people use different devices with unique controls all the time: PC, PS2, PSP, GBA, XBOX... it takes some adjusting but thats all. as long as there isnt a perfect controller, innovation and difference should be there for the sake of improvement. you cant blame them for not taking into account that you are too stubbern to swith from one type of control to another, thats just silly, IHMO.

*edit: +qoute, ..exactly flawl3ss

ThomasGOAL said:
You can play with the gyroscpoic technology on the standard pad :

understanding-the-revolution-controller-20050916041026412-000.jpg

Looks great. They just need to make the analog sticks clickable. But I'm well pleased they have changed the right analog stick. I always hated it on the GC.

Well its good they're having a standard controller as well, makes a lot more sense.

I'll still not be buying another Nintendo product, after what was the disaster of the N64 in my view, and the fact they just dont have enough games that interest me anymore.

actually with the type of interactive games in japan that are popular nowadays...this joystick makes perfect sense....plus the option to dock into a standard controller......youre not losing ANYTHING...you just gain the ability to do so mmuch more...for instance my fav game next to we/pes is sega bass fishing......i can already imagine the hours ill spend using that ugly joystick in my fav fishing game........or those mini type games nintendo is so good at......in the end i think u guys should try to think of this joystick from a creative point of view too...thats why game companies and programmers are so excited....it lets them do so much more...and lets you be even more interactive with games.....plus like i said..youre not losing the standard joystick at all....i havent been this excited since r.o.b. the robot from nintendo...what a failure r.o.b. was LOL hopefully nintendo does better with this one......ive always loved nintendo but theyve made some weird decisions the past 10 years........the decision to drop sony from the snes project...ended up in sony pursuing their own system...now look what that turned into......nintendo also refused to use the cdrom and later dvdrom.....about the most retarded things i can ever think of in the history of gaming....hopefully they thought this one out...i like the idea....

LOL....but that controller don't look very pes/we friendly to me. To be honest thats the only reason I'll buy a console, to play pes/we. I only bought a ps2 for pes/we, I only bought a xbox so I could go on pes4 xbox live.

I never touched it after we8le came out lol. I only bought a psp for pes/we...so I think you see the pattern :D If it ain't pes/we friendly I won't be spending my cash on it.

But I'm sure some people will love it......but it ain't really getting me excited. Whereas when I think about pes/we on ps3 it makes a sex wee in my pants, thankyou please :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom