PC Master League 4th Season v Poor Teams

mydumpstinks

Eventually
13 January 2007
Coventry City
4 seasons in my team is ranked 29, world/european and premier league champions, ave player rating is 80.

The point, this game is awesome to play in ML against top rated teams, get hardly any feeling of scripting or momentum just good hard fought battles, repeatedly.

Yet against poorer/lower ranked sides where it is obvious the computer is compensating for them being weaker the scripting is so obvious it makes me hate the game against them, it doesnt matter what you do or how you play, if the computer want them to win against the "bigger club" they will, you can replay the same game 5 times or more and the outcome will pretty much always be the same, your players trip, fall, stumble, run away from the ball, jump the ball dodge it, anything but actually get control of it, really frustrating/annoying.

I get the need to stop total domination in a match and silly scores, but the way it is now is crazy, there is an obvious difference in the quality of the game and the way the match plays when you are playing a top team (fantastic when its 2 top teams little or no obvious scripting) to when you are playing a bottom team, where the scripting is obvious and way over the top it totally ruins the whole game.

Just voicing an frustrated opinion.

Last edited:
For example when I had Chelsea on year 2022, I beat Bayern Munich who was the second best team by 6-0 and got beaten by Cardiff City by 2-1. I wish they removed scripting completely like PES 5.

For example when I had Chelsea on year 2022, I beat Bayern Munich who was the second best team by 6-0 and got beaten by Cardiff City by 2-1. I wish they removed scripting completely like PES 5.
For me its not really about the scores, for any modern game with multiple AI to work there has to be a certain amount of scripting, especailly with sports/team based games.
Like some of the goals you or the Ai score it is obvious there is a certain amount of scripting controling events, it makes things happen.

Its about the way the game actually plays, it is a jekyl and hyde game depending on who you are playing, your team can go from being world beaters that can pass shoot and score, look organised and play well against a good side to a team that is more reminiscent of lower league or amatuer teams that struggles in all departments against a weaker team, a one off ok, weak teams can and often do raise their game, but the team they are playing dosnt suddenly forget how to play, imagine chelsea or man u or arsenal suddenly becoming crap because brentford or huddersfield or whoever raised their game, it doesnt happen but in PES it does, your team is crippled to try and assist the weak.

Im not totally against scripting, there are times when you can see it and appreciate it, but the way this has been done to aid weaker teams is starting to become a game breaker for me, it just ruins the game, ok, so they raise their game, they become harder to beat, fine, i get it, make them even better, but dont cripple my team in the process of helping them!

Rant, moan, whinge over.

Last edited:
imagine man u suddenly becoming crap

oh wait... :SMUG:

on a serious note, you are very much correct....the scripting is so frustrating and it can literally make me want throw my laptop (or any other nearby object) through the window.

that's why playing against your mates is always the most enjoyable option, no bloody scripting, just pure skill. sure the game still has its bugs, but at least you and your human opponent are equally affected by them.

Back
Top Bottom