Battlefield 1 [PC/PS4/XB1]

Looks crap to me, silly overly fast arcade game, shame to waste such a setting, I'd be interested if it had a solid SP campaign but doubt it :(

I personally think Cod fish infinite will be better than Boy Friend 1 despite much dislikes. (I dont either of these games anyway)

Graphically it looks amazing + Looks like they doing a decent job in creating the game to be played in 4K..

Got emailed my BETA code this morning to take part in the Alpha which starts today.

So will be able to give my opinion later on the game and give judgement on how it compares to Verdun.

Me too, but according to my boss "I got into the Battlefield 1 beta" isn't a valid reason for a without-notice holiday day. Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Yup, got my code earlier. Should be downloading for me while I'm at work (done already I hope, but who knows...)

Chris, that's a rookie mistake. Everyone knows a last minute day off requirement is when you pull out the food poisoning/diarrhea excuse. ;)

Well after a quick 20 minute game this is a WW1 mod for Battlefield.

It feels in no way a WW1 game. It is BF with an old weapons mod.

It may be just the desert map, but it is massive open world like always with no trench warfare.

Initial impressions are hugely disappointing.

I don't get why they insist on these map layouts, a lot on the flags and actually nothing in between.

Some FPS players are just dumb (or have no focus) and if there is no 'sequence' of flags to cap and when there is nothing in between some players just hang around the same flag all game long. That map gives zero flow to the game.

And I have a bunch of other stuff to complain but I won't even bother.

The game unfortunetely for me is just a mod.

It is in no way an authentic WW1 shooter, but then I think it was a really bad idea by EA to allow the BETA to just have one very poor open world desert map.

I will now just wait till this has been out 6 months and then buy it using a Mexican proxy during an Origin sale.

Well... I really like it!

I look at Battlefield a bit like PES/FIFA - you know the core of what you're getting, you'd never play it and go "this is a completely different game from before, now I have to relearn everything". DICE aren't going to throw away a winning (best-selling) formula just because they want to put the game into a different era stylistically.

Battlefield is Battlefield (as of BF3) - it's going to be set on open maps, it's going to have Conquest (which I still love, especially as I'm usually a lone ranger and I can grab flags by just sneaking in and out of unmanned areas), the classes are always the same (that "revive" needle of the medic's is a bit scary).

I like the new vehicles, I like the feel of the artillery, gunplay feels a LOT tighter to me and it seems to take less shots to kill / die, which I much prefer.

I don't like the map a great deal, admittedly, but there'll be plenty of others, and variety is the yada yada yada.

Like everyone said already its BF4/Hardline with a WW1 setting.

Is that a bad thing? for me no, i like it and will be getting it because Battlefield's are enjoyable first person shooters and COD's/MW's are shit and have been for a while.

Back
Top Bottom