FIFA 14 Sliders

I am experimenting mixing world class and legendary at my career:
Legendary for league matches
World class for cup matches (because of AI boosting).

Personally I'm not a fan of playing on anything less than Legendary, because it's not as if the AI is anything special at its best. So if I were you, if you're worried about stat boosting, I'd address those with sliders so that you still get the best of AI decision making. Just dropping the CPU sprint/accel sliders by a point might do the trick.

Is there anyone who plays on default sliders? I didn't touch them yet, because I found no reason to do so yet.

I must be mental haha :D.

Going to give Paul's sliders a try next FIFA bash, not sure about the low keeper stats but intrigued to see how they pan out!...

I've been playing with them for a while now and honestly I'm not sure I can even tell the difference! It's amazing that such a dramatic change can have so little effect.

Is there anyone who plays on default sliders? I didn't touch them yet, because I found no reason to do so yet.

I must be mental haha :D.

I play with mostly default sliders, but I don't play with manual controls. I've tried a variety of slider settings but I keep coming back to the defaults.

On one hand, the game plays a little fast for my tastes but I like how players "feel" when using just the left stick on default settings. Whereas while I like the impact on the pace of play that lowering accel/sprint has, players feel too sluggish for my tastes.

Then, a lot of people like to increase CPU error sliders, especially pass accuracy, but personally I find it makes defending too easy, even if game stats are more realistic.

This is the first FIFA that I can remember that I'm pretty happy with the default settings. Then again, I've given up on the crusade to force FIFA to play more realistic and am just enjoying it for what it is. Personally I think trying to simulate realistic football with FIFA is like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, and I've yet to come across adjusted slider settings that don't have unintended, negative side-effects.

I've been playing with them for a while now and honestly I'm not sure I can even tell the difference! It's amazing that such a dramatic change can have so little effect.

For me the effect was significant, it mostly affects their footwork and handling, at default or anywhere around 50 even average keepers will get their feet in position and save and hold even strong shots, at 20 they punch and parry almost all powerful shots, plays a lot more realistically.

You're probably just more observant than me. I think I notice fewer shots held onto, but I'm not sure.

In any case, what I don't think has changed much are goals scored, which is what I was referring to. If you change pass accuracy, shot error, or first touch control by as much - 30 pts - players become almost comical in those areas. So that's what I was expecting with keepers, but that's not the case. And I"m playing in the lower leagues.

I am back to legendary difficulty. It may be Placebo (effect, not the member) but it seems that on legendary game is slightly faster paced and more hectic than on World class. Also, ai avoids my sliding tackles much better and more 50/50 balls go to the ai players.

Yeah, something doesn't seem right when you're having 15 shots a game with maybe one goal and the CPU shoots twice and score both. I've had too many of these types of games on WC and above and it's been like this in FIFA for a while.
i thought i should roll back to this comment.

i refuted it earlier but it looks like i was misguided by low sample size. i'm noticing this to be true (not usually so extreme as in the example you gave but still true).

cpu shot placement is too good and they're able to beat my goalkeeper more often than i can beat theirs.

i'm playing with a 2-point advantage for the user in gk ability right now, it seems to help.

forget my last post. this seems to have been balanced again with the reintroduction of pure shot after the patch 1.03. i had to tweak my sliders again because of it, btw. the cpu got a bit easier to beat and slow game speed with 50 shot speed finally works well again, thanks god.

these are my sliders now, it feels perfectly balanced to me and it plays more like a real game of football now. line settings fix all that horrible cloggedness in midfield. cpu pass error might be tweaked up or down in case you want to change difficulty (always keep it on legendary and tune difficulty with pass error instead, i mean).

this is for pc, ps3 and x360. patch 1.03 required.

thanks for the guys at operation sports for helping me with these.

Half Lenght: 15 minutes
Difficulty Level: Legendary
Game Speed: Slow

Full Manual controls
Tactical Defending

Sliders (User/CPU)
Sprint Speed - 45/45
Acceleration - 48/48
Shot Error - 54/54
Pass Error - 51/65
Shot Speed - 50/50
Pass Speed - 53/53
Injury Frequency - 75/89
Injury Severity - 55/55
Goalkeeper Ability - 47/47
Marking - 50/50
Run Frequency - 50/50
Line Height - 50/50
Line Length - 54/54
Line Width - 53/53
Fullback Positioning - 54/54
Power Bar - 42
First Touch - 50/50

video highlights of career matches with these settings:

Everton 0-3 Liverpool

Liverpool 2-2 Fulham

Liverpool 1-0 West Brom

Last edited:
I just tried Placebo's sliders and once I used the camera sliders along with it, A+++!!

One thing I notice, however, is that my players do not really get fatigued at all to the point they are nearly at 100% energy after a day or two. Am I missing something? This seems like it would reduce the difficulty in CM some.

I took Placebo's sliders, boosted the CPU marking up to 60, also increased the line width by quite a lot, which made it a lot harder to just run unchallenged down the wing. Also, playing on slow with sprint and accelleration for both CPU and human increased by 1 each. Plays really well, in my opinion. Much more of a midfield battle. :) Oh yeah, and decreased the pass speed a lot, set it to about 40, which makes the passes seem a lot less like lazer beams. ;)

Very nice! I will try the marking and line width boosted. I have noticed some players, like Wellington Silva, can just run into the box from the wing.

When you say play with SP and ACC up 1, are you saying they're both set at 51? And with these at 51 do you notice your players getting fatigued in matches as quickly or more quickly as with defaults?

Have you noticed the CPU AI having issues breaking through your defense with pass speed set lower?

Last edited:
I took Placebo's sliders, boosted the CPU marking up to 60, also increased the line width by quite a lot, which made it a lot harder to just run unchallenged down the wing.
i confirm increased width makes it harder to run down the wing unchallenged. on the other hand, it clears the midfield a bit and makes it easier to exchange passes there. both effects are much desirable imo. it mimics real life positioning better too.

though, some issues arise if you go overboard: it might get too easy to penetrate the box between the center backs, because they are too spaced apart, if you set it anywhere higher than 55.

Gonira why 53 in pass speed? Ball is already quick on 50. Faster passes are not more realistic. Am i wrong? I play on 40 pass speed...

Gonira why 53 in pass speed? Ball is already quick on 50. Faster passes are not more realistic. Am i wrong? I play on 40 pass speed...

What are your other sliders set at? With acceleration and speed below 50 I have found it to work fine with pass speed 60+ or 70+, but a lot of people would think it's too fast probably.

Think about a pass in a real game, it typically goes faster than the players around it, and often faster than a human can run. So I think fast passes are realistic, but maybe only for the top leagues in the world?

Seems that's an unfortunate side effect of lowering the acceleration, we discussed it a little in the general thread recently.

Also, it looks like 'acceleration' is the main slider controlling how fast the game feels.

I ran a test using placebo's sliders.

I put game speed on slow and put 'speed' and 'acceleration' back up to 50, and the game was playing like all the players were on methamphetamines again (relatively). On game speed slow.

So I put 'speed' down to 43 and acceleration at 49. I wanted acceleration to stay up near 50 so players will fatigue normally. Putting the speed down helped a bit, but probably not as much as just putting 'acceleration' from 50->49 did.

Players are getting fatigued and the number of shots/goals is pretty much the same as with game speed normal and placebo's sliders.

Here's the slider set I'm testing:

Half Length: 10 minutes
Difficulty Level: World Class

Handballs: On

Full Manual controls
Tactical Defending

Sliders (User/CPU)
Sprint Speed - 43/43
Acceleration - 49/49
Shot Error: 56/57
Pass Error: 57/61
Shot Speed: 50/50
Pass Speed: 60/70
Injury Frequency: 96/99
Injury Severity: 40/45
Goalkeeper Ability: 20/20
Positioning, Marking: 85/47
Positioning, Run Frequency: 55/55
Positioning, Line Height: 45/45
Positioning, Line Length: 40/40
Positioning, Line Width: 50/55
Positioning, Fullback Positioning: 85/80
Power Bar: 50
First Touch Control Error: 70/82

The main thing I'm going for is to tone down the frantic-ness of the default sliders but keep players fatiguing normally.

Also, it looks like 'acceleration' is the main slider controlling how fast the game feels.

I ran a test using placebo's sliders.

I put game speed on slow and put 'speed' and 'acceleration' back up to 50, and the game was playing like all the players were on methamphetamines again (relatively). On game speed slow.

So I put 'speed' down to 43 and acceleration at 49. I wanted acceleration to stay up near 50 so players will fatigue normally. Putting the speed down helped a bit, but probably not as much as just putting 'acceleration' from 50->49 did.

Players are getting fatigued and the number of shots/goals is pretty much the same as with game speed normal and placebo's sliders.

Here's the slider set I'm testing:

Half Length: 10 minutes
Difficulty Level: World Class

Handballs: On

Full Manual controls
Tactical Defending

Sliders (User/CPU)
Sprint Speed - 43/43
Acceleration - 49/49
Shot Error: 56/57
Pass Error: 57/61
Shot Speed: 50/50
Pass Speed: 60/70
Injury Frequency: 96/99
Injury Severity: 40/45
Goalkeeper Ability: 20/20
Positioning, Marking: 85/47
Positioning, Run Frequency: 55/55
Positioning, Line Height: 45/45
Positioning, Line Length: 40/40
Positioning, Line Width: 50/55
Positioning, Fullback Positioning: 85/80
Power Bar: 50
First Touch Control Error: 70/82

The main thing I'm going for is to tone down the frantic-ness of the default sliders but keep players fatiguing normally.

Great work mate, have noticed more injuries? I have been trailing something similar as I really want to have fatigue & injuries actually occurs in my CM (the only mode I play).

Great work mate, have noticed more injuries? I have been trailing something similar as I really want to have fatigue & injuries actually occurs in my CM (the only mode I play).

Well, exceptionally, I recently had three guys out for a match, but two of them were only out for a little over a week. Mostly there haven't been many injuries. Most teams seem to have one guy out at a given time. I think I might turn the severity up, so there will be more times dealing with multiple injured players, maybe 55/60.

I also upped the speed to 47, it helps with offensive players being able to break away from defensive players. Fiddle with shot/pass error and man marking to adjust the difficulty. I think depending on what league you're in, man marking has a sweet spot allowing some attacks through, but not too many.

I just drew Manchester City 2 - 2 where they out shot me 16 to 11, it was a fun match :BOP:

What are your other sliders set at? With acceleration and speed below 50 I have found it to work fine with pass speed 60+ or 70+, but a lot of people would think it's too fast probably.

Think about a pass in a real game, it typically goes faster than the players around it, and often faster than a human can run. So I think fast passes are realistic, but maybe only for the top leagues in the world?
personal preference. default pass speed on slow feels a bit sluggish imo, too often the ball keeps rolling and rolling with the receiver just waiting, i feel it kills some momentum. but for me anything over 54 pass speed feels overkill.

regarding injuries, i have recorded the stats of close to 50 games with my settings and i get 0.45 injuries per game for each side. roughly 1/3 of them leading to seclusion, which lasts about 3 weeks, on average. but i had stretches of 7-8 games without a single injury.

I'm a long time PES player who's decided to give FIFA a go this year. Is there a set of sliders that is considered to be the the best at improving the game? I appreciate people tweak it to suit what they like. I've played a bit and am enjoying it so far with the defaults but don't want to miss out if it can be improved further. Thanks.

I'm a long time PES player who's decided to give FIFA a go this year. Is there a set of sliders that is considered to be the the best at improving the game? I appreciate people tweak it to suit what they like. I've played a bit and am enjoying it so far with the defaults but don't want to miss out if it can be improved further. Thanks.

It depends on what you're looking for. There is no "one" slider set to rule them all.

If you want to play with manual settings, I think Orion's over at operationsports is considered by many to be the best, or at least most popular, set. I don't play manual so I'm not sure.

If you're not going to play manual, then you'll probably want something less drastic. I know some people played semi-assisted with his on current gen and still liked them, but I personally find it too slow and think it takes out too much of the intensity that often characterizes the modern game.

You really just have to figure out what suits your preferences and ability level. I suggest you try Orion's as a first step. They might suit you fine, or if not then maybe they'll at least give you a clue as to what you'd need to adjust for yourself to find a middle ground.

Back
Top Bottom