Microsoft Xbox 360

What they should have done is made it more noticeable as to which box is selected on screen. There's not enough highlighting or increase in size to show which box is active. So I might want to "play game" but I have to squint to make sure that's the selected box. Was it hard to make it a tad bigger or give it a bigger highlight! farrrrkkkkkkkk lol

i second that. bring back the blades!!!!

xbox360_2005_blades.jpeg

current dashboard reminds me a lot of fifa's manager mode ui. a lot of small bits of useless information scattered all across the screen.

Got the Nyko Wide Angle Kinect Lens today! Will try it out later and let you know what it's like as I know Jay wants to know.*

I like the xbox advent special offer calendar, they're selling Bastion for half price so I snapped that up. Give the trial a go, it's pretty cool. Love the narrator as you play.

I like the xbox advent special offer calendar, they're selling Bastion for half price so I snapped that up. Give the trial a go, it's pretty cool. Love the narrator as you play.

Ohhh on it, i had never heard of Bastion until it won best Download game of 2011...downloaded the demo and it was BRILLIANT!

edit: Was this yesterday it was half price? Seems it's back to 1200 :(

Last edited:
Haven't got Kinect Sports 2 yet lol! I tried the golf demo of it though with the wide angle and it could stand nearer my TV to play it, looking good so far... Next week I'll play Kinect Sports 2 and Kinect Adventures for a longer period of time to get a better understanding of how it works!

Right, it doesn't really work! Tried it with Kinect Sports 2 and it kept saying it couldn't detect the floor. Took it off, restarted my Xbox and Kinect works pretty fine without it, I'll just have to move my sofa if we wanna play 2 players at once! :LOL:

Going to tack it back and swap it for FIFA today.

current dashboard reminds me a lot of fifa's manager mode ui. a lot of small bits of useless information scattered all across the screen.

True, the last time the dashboard was actually good was in 2008. I don't like the entire entertainment spin on it.

Just wondering if anyone can help.

I got my brother's kids XBox 360 (the white one) from him after he got his kid the new black xbox.

I want to get the Kinect to play some games with my daughter, but am unsure what model of XBox I have, I looked over the thing, but nothing seemed to pop out at me and say what the exact model number was. Just want to make sure my XBox is compatible with the Kinect.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

FD

I think you can use any xbox 360 with Kinect, I think the slim ones you can plug it directly into or something, but the others you have a seperate mains cable etc.

I think anyway?

To confirm what jaygrim says like. you get all the cables ya need if you dont have a 360S. I set one up for a mate of mine who has an old 60GB 360.

So for anyone who like me bought the slim quite quickly when it came out, have you started having any problems with yours? Mine's started to make a noticeable noise, whining from the back (presumably the fans), sometimes when I turn it off it doesn't turn off right away, recently with Fifa often when it does the "signing into servers" when you first start the 360 locks up completely :( Had it since 30th September 2010

My slim doesnt shut off straight away when I turn it off which is annoying. It will sit there for a couple of minutes with the power light flashing on and off every now and then before it goes off :(

Edit: Instead of adding another post like I thought I would say here I think they should give us a choice on what interface we want. How hard can it be? download the theme to your Hard Drive and select it, Box boots up and loads that theme.

Blades 2005
NXE 2008
Kinect 2010
Metro 2011

No my slim has never shut off properly either, since I first got it. If you leave it, then it does eventually turn itself off, but I also found that it seems to have issue with USB. If I pull my controller lead out of the 360 then it switches off. Also, if I plug anything into the USB slot then it will also cause it to reboot.

I just presumed it was a symptom of fairly old technology.

I did some googling and such and it turns out that the PSU has a fan in it, was a surprise to me, I have a TV stand (without tv) which has all our devices on and underneath where you would normally have the vcr/dvd player is where I shoved all the power supplies for the on top devices, cables, wireless router etc etc so it's possible the 360 PSU was getting a bit warm (hence the extra noise) so I blew it out with some compressed air then put it on the floor in the corner of the room as far away from the 360 as possible, definitely seems a bit quieter now, also related is that the delayed shutdown is a cooling down mechanism (a bit like a projector) so if it's a bit hot it won't shut itself down properly until it has cooled a little, guess it's better than having any kind of RROD like the old 360.

also related is that the delayed shutdown is a cooling down mechanism (a bit like a projector) so if it's a bit hot it won't shut itself down properly until it has cooled a little, guess it's better than having any kind of RROD like the old 360.
Thats good like. Seems they really thought it through with the RROD prevention for the S. They should have done the whole Giant Heatsink and big fan ON TOP of the heatsink in the 1st place instead of the stupidy shitty Fan Shroud and Dual noisy fan....:RANT:

There's been a few big Xbox Live updates in recent weeks. Anyone know what's going on?
I hated the PS3 for it's constant updates that take an age.
I hope this isn't a sign of things to come with the Xbox

Back
Top Bottom