Microsoft Xbox 360

Does anyone know if gamerpoints cards are country-locked? I have an italian 360, so I'm not sure if UK gamerpoints cards will work. MS are idiots and dont let you use credit cards that arent from the country the 360 is from. So my UK card wont work with my 360.

Yeah I guess you could try it, and if it doesn't work, then ring MS and they should sort it out. (Hopefully ;))).

I will be keeping my Xbox360 until the new one comes out. Xbox Live is by far the best thing out there.

"SEGA has released a new demo for Condemned 2: Bloodshot on Xbox Live."

At last, a demo!

im sure if we started a petition about the shoddiness of XBL and the Marketplace lately something would get done

they'll pick up the console again and i'll get a free copy of forza 2 + the possibility of a replacement xbox...that is okay, let's wait now

one of reason why i dont buy PS3, most games on PS3 i want to play is also released on 360.
and im satisfied with DVD so no need to get Blu-ray yet.

Anyone else bought an Arcade Pack 360 &160 quid?

I decided to purchase one before i get my PS3 in April/June.

Anyhow after 3 weeks of using it at roughly 4hrs playtime before shutdown, the DVD drive sounds f"@:ed up. It only plays my Originals if i stand it on its Side. Should i dare to put it in it's original position the damn things starts whizzing like Apache chopper. And refuses to play any disc inserted in that position.

Plus now for some reason the eject switch refuses to work. I have to physically pull the thing out to open it. Is it me or do anyone else feel its really cheaply produced with no customer concern what so ever.

No by the way i have not/ will not flash the drive at any time soon.

Anyone else have this issue with this bundle or others?

I hear some title's require a Hard Disk to play them. Is this true or just fanboy rumour?

Thanks

Yes i have receipt, but should i need to be taking my console back to a shop this quick for faulty manufacture. They've had 5 years to perfect the manufacturing ability/yeild.

It seems like if i want a real version 360 it gonna cost more than the PS3 with all the extras. 60 quid for 20GB HDD wat a f"@*in rip. 300 quid dont look to bad now:)

Thing is i been saying for last 2 years i gonna get a PS3 but price puts me off. Then 360 come down to 150 quid i think yeah sod it i'll try 1. I heard loads of bad press about the 360 but i am not drawn in by it all. But i gotta say i'm well dissapointed that i got to experience this issues so soon.

Last edited:
Ring Microsoft and they will fix it for free, type "360 technical support" on Google and you should find it easily enough. It is probably the console I've had the most problems with ever - okay, that's a lie, there's no "probably" about it. It is. But I love achievements, Xbox Live, the games, the pad, and for as long as I'm paying no extra to get it fixed then I'm happy.

I've not heard of a game yet that needs the hard disk (I remember hearing Football Manager does I think but I've never played it) - I'm sure if there isn't one now then there will be at some point, though. The maximum memory card size you can get isn't very big.

My brother has the official Xbox 360 wireless adaptor and it works like a dream. Just plug it in and voila! You're online.

He bought his from ebay - BRAND NEW, £45. Shop around mate, you'll get it cheaper than £60.

The alternative one might be slightly cheaper but from my experience when setting up my old housemates setup its a pain in the arse and if you dont know much about WIFI and networking then your basically screwed. Like Mike says the Wireless one is pretty much plug in and go, all you need to do is go to the Network settings and select your WIFI connection and enter WEP Keys etc and your sorted.

Why MS didnt include this as standard with the new Arcade/Premium and Elite consoles is beyond me.

Yeah the official one is so easy - It is great.

It should have definately been included with the machine though - Rip off merchants!!

I also have it, but now my ethernet plugs straight in so I don't use it! Worth keeping though as it's handy to have if you take your console away :)).

Back
Top Bottom