FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

thanks to all those gameplay videos.

judging on those, the game will be excellent. it looks and plays much more better than fifa 11.

thanks to all those gameplay videos.

judging on those, the game will be excellent. it looks and plays much more better than fifa 11.

It certainly looks better graphically. I don't see how you know that it plays better. Within 30 seconds of watching that first video I can already spot some serious issues.

I don't see anything revolutionary. In fact it doesn't look any more different than Fifa 11 except the graphics, which looks much better.

You can't judge it on these videos, plus it's on 'easy' difficulty.

I'll buy it regardless, for online clubs... best thing about FIFA but FIFA 11 nearly destroyed it, they better not fuck it up this time.

You cant judge on these. To me they look like they are on easy and everything is set to assisted, hence the easy 1 on 1 finishes and lobs.

Until you get your mits on the demo and you can tweak it to your conditions you wont be able to judge. Same goes for Pes too. These people who plays these games dont appreciate real football.

Same old... So many glaring issues with the gameplay in those vids, EA have no idea how to create a decent footballing game...

Nice graphically though and the impact engine looks good, so if graphics are your priority, you'll probably think it's amazing... I fail to see how anyone could be impressed with the gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator:
why are you judging the gameplay based on some retards playing fully assisted :CONFUSE:
Many (most) gameplay elements remain constant through all of the control settings.

Manual controls are not realistic anyway, but let's not start that debate again...

Yes, the people playing are shite, but the game engine is the same no matter who plays the game.

YouTube - FIFA 12 | Gamescom Q&A With David Rutter
Just saw the Gamescom interview with Rutter on Youtube and it's really interesting thet he displayed probably all known physical signs of lying when asked about the error in pro-passing (7:05).
Otherwise regluar PR bullshit.
Not interested at all in FIFA this year, they're just going in circles really and the game looks the same and will feel the same too after a days of playing.

Have to say despite how crap the game looks on the vids (mainly because its set to amateur), i still hold a little hope.

We asked for sliders they put sliders in. We ask for pressure to be reduced now its gone. I still think if they can sort out the AI (which they did say would be the last thing they do before launch) there may be some hope still. Ai has to track runs from forwards and not be fooled by a simple 1-2 everytime and forwards need to make runs even if their is no space (to create space).

Sliders could well make me play offline more, and online i guess is always going to have its exploits but getting rid of pressure goes along way to solving Fifa 11's main one.

Demo not long away so i guess we'll know more then.

not really, quite a few of the issues with fifa are negated in manual (for example ping pong passing, cheesing etc.) a few of them are amplified (like pressure tactics)

You forgot the a little detail about FIFA manual....Stats don't matter. I can pretty much pick a CB at midfield, he won't be dispossessed as easily, and will pass it just as well as Xavi.

No doubt, with the sliders, this will be EA's best offline FIFA. first thing i'm doing is sorting pressure. I'm disappointed with how sluggish passing and control looks.

FIFA 12 Demo Details from: http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-12-gamescom-demo-details/

We’re led to believe that the code on show at gamescom will be either the same or incredibly similar to the FIFA 12 demo so whilst this information should be spot on, there is still a potential for things to change. Here’s what we have so far:
FIFA 12 Demo Teams:

Marseille

AC Milan

Arsenal

Dortmund

Barcelona

ManCity

FIFA 12 Demo Stadia:

Eithad Stadium – Man City (Day and Dry weather options)

FIFA 12 Demo Match Time:

3 Minute Halves

FIFA 12 Demo Tutorials:

Standing Tackle

Sliding Tackle

Jockeying

Running Jockey

Contain

Team mate Contain

Push Pull

So Man City replace Manchester United? Brilliant. They are obviously better. :P

not really, quite a few of the issues with fifa are negated in manual (for example ping pong passing, cheesing etc.) a few of them are amplified (like pressure tactics) but in general it's a totally different game especially if played with friends on slow speed setting. i dont care if fucking casuals are too dumb to figure out manual so have to judge the game based on assisted controls, that isn't my problem

if someone judged pes2012 based on those two shitty videos there would be an outpouring of disgust and condemnation, prove me wrong
As I said, I'm not going to debate the manual issue again - it was talked through at length a few weeks ago.

The PES Gamescom vids - they aren't brilliant, but the difference is that the reason for that isn't because there's loads of issues with the gameplay unlike these FIFA vids... I still found a lot that was impressive too - movement/AI especially, but this is the FIFA thread so let's get back on topic before someone *cough* Placebo *cough* tells us off :P.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pes looks too fast and the passing too crisp. At one point a guy playing as Germany ping pongs the ball all the way down the field with virtually one touch passing and slots.

That's probably because of the assisted passing being on, plus being on a low difficulty. Also, PES will look fast, it's the youtube effect, and if it looks fast, u can adjust the game speed :/

That's probably because of the assisted passing being on, plus being on a low difficulty. Also, PES will look fast, it's the youtube effect, and if it looks fast, u can adjust the game speed :/

Well, exactly. Its the same thing being levelled at Fifa for the same reasons.

Well, exactly. Its the same thing being levelled at Fifa for the same reasons.

My problem with FIFA is that FIFA 12 looks too similar to FIFA 11, nowhere near enough to justify paying out a large amount of money again. I am not a FIFA "hater" as it were, I bought every FIFA from FIFA 95 up until FIFA 10, so I'm not some kind of troll :P

3 minutes half again???? fuck off EA. unbeliveable. how the hell can we at least test some sliders with 3 minutes half??? well, at least we'll have a patch for PC demo...

3 minutes half again???? fuck off EA. unbeliveable. how the hell can we at least test some sliders with 3 minutes half??? well, at least we'll have a patch for PC demo...

It's fucking ridiculous when you consider the Madden demo has 5 minute quarters, which in real time gives a game of nearly 30 minutes.

To be honest I've seen nothing particularly impressive in any of the vids, just more of the same. As ever I'll judge it on the demo, but this game isn't looking like £40's worth.

Back
Top Bottom