FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

danyjr

Banned
23 July 2010
Here we go go with the game's first screenshot featuring Real Madrid's Kaká:

PS3_kaka_run.jpg

Last edited:
Re: FIFA 12

I'm going to make a prediction that this game will me a buggy mess with shitty arcadey gameplay.

EA have a recent track record for this and I see no reason for it to change with FIFA 12.

Regarding the screenshots, they're nothing special...

Just a FIFA 11 pic for comparison:

fifa11kaka.jpg

I'm on my phone and grabbed this from google but it looks like it's from before 11 came out - at least that's what I was going for.

Last edited:

Is the pic from Fifa 10, 11 or 12?.....

Absolutely meaningless pic and not remotely interesting, wake me up when they apologise for the horrific MM/CM of 10/11 and reveal the all new and improved 12's CM features.

I'm not really sure how EA can improve this generation of their FIFA series. Little adjustments can be done as it has been the case since FIFA 10, but no major overhauls to the formula. Unfortunately for me, FIFA has a very scripted gameplay with virtually no freedom, all the goals you score and concede look the same and there is no variety in gameplay. Not to mention how overly-physical the gameplay is as well as numerous offline mode bugs which fingers crossed are finally fixed after two years! I thought they would change body types and cartoony physics of the game but seems like they are here to stay. I will probably stick to PES for the time being, but only if Konami improve the buggy gameplay, switching system and collision detection. Oh and did I mention animations?

Those are not even ingame pictures, they are rendered to looks better. EA is just each day more ridiculous.

Imo in the 12 pic he is too stocky, kind of like Rooney, wich is wrong imo.
Head size looks weird too, small...

I agree with you. It was my first thought too. I just wanted to post that pic of him with puffed out cheeks (and looking bigger than we would associate with Kaka, as a result of him being off for so long with injuries).

I guess, though, that the player's build is something they can change overnight if they wanted to. I seem to remember some of the earlier pics of player physiques during the FIFA 11 build-up looking slightly different to the final build. The main thing you can glean from these pics is the lighting - that's very unlikely to change. All we can do at the moment is tell EA that Kaka looks like he has Ronaldinho's preseason figure, and hope that this isn't representative of the size of players as a whole when the final game lands.

Those are not even ingame pictures, they are rendered to looks better. EA is just each day more ridiculous.

To be fair, how is that any different from any game in the past 5, 10 years?

To be fair, how is that any different from any game in the past 5, 10 years?

That´s exactly the point, why the hell release one or two screenshots that tells nothing consistent about the game?

The reason is simple, is because some people still comments about it, comments about body shape, head shape and other useless things, that shows that players nowadays gives a shit about gameplay since the game looks good, and that´s exactly what EA gives them all, great looking games with pure shit gameplay.

The shot shows nothing new at all, last years kit, boots, ball, and textures? No new feature/ability/item can be picked out from this, and it very well may be a shot from 10. There is no action/atmosphere, anything. It's just a dude and a ball.

Well companies do need to market their game so what do yous expect.. It doesn't have much effect on us but it works wonders on numerous others.

Is the pic from Fifa 10, 11 or 12?.....

Absolutely meaningless pic and not remotely interesting, wake me up when they apologise for the horrific MM/CM of 10/11 and reveal the all new and improved 12's CM features.

I think you're going to be asleep for a long, long time...

let's just hope that they release fifa 12 on pc also (with all the features of console version).

that's all i care since i'm done with pes if they don't make a revolution this autumn.

let's just hope that they release fifa 12 on pc also (with all the features of console version).

that's all i care since i'm done with pes if they don't make a revolution this autumn.

I'm guessing FIFA 2012 for PC will be FIFA 2011 with roster and gui updates, just like FIFA 2011 was.

I'm guessing FIFA 2012 for PC will be FIFA 2011 with roster and gui updates, just like FIFA 2011 was.

I'm not so sure about that. You have to take in consideration that they stilled worked on porting the engine back then. They should be pretty much on level field now so I think there is a big chance of it being the same version.

David Rutter, Line Producer for FIFA 12, promised a "revolutionary year for FIFA... especially in the gameplay department." Rutter wouldn't expand on what kind of revolution was coming.

Don't fall for his bullshit.

FIFA 11 was supposedly amazing according to him and his team, look how that turned out...

I'm not so sure about that. You have to take in consideration that they stilled worked on porting the engine back then. They should be pretty much on level field now so I think there is a big chance of it being the same version.

Tbh I think they do it on purpose. They have made it pretty clear in the past that PC players don't deserve the same treatment because of piracy. I doubt that porting the engine was hard, they just realized that porting it over would still mean more sells and cost less than updating ancient shit.

But knowing EA, they probably think like this: they wanna make sure that there's still a difference, otherwise people will have no reason to buy the game on the consoles if it's exactly the same on the PC and people happen to have a half decent PC that can run it. One way to do that is doing what they did last year.

Hope I'm all wrong, but I believe we'll have FIFA2011.2 on PC this year too.

David Rutter, Line Producer for FIFA 12, promised a "revolutionary year for FIFA... especially in the gameplay department." Rutter wouldn't expand on what kind of revolution was coming.

:YAWN:

This time he tells the truth! Just trust old Ruttski this time! Our minds will be blown away, you'll see... YOU'LL SEE!

Because he hasn't thought of it yet.

This Rutter guy is a waste. I met him last year in Germany and not only he didn't have a clue about football as a sport, he was a total arrogant d**k. Don't believe the hype, in the end it is going to be some eye candy stuff for little kids to make sure they force their mothers to buy FIFA 12 for them. Last year a lot of us hoped Personality+ and Pro-Passing would be a great addition, only to be disappointed later by how insignificant they both were. All flash, no substance.

Back
Top Bottom