PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Another request for pes13.

Keepers kits. They shouldn't be same colour as my team or their own teams colours.

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Will this finally be the year they have 3rd kits or just allow us to customize our kits by changing shirt/shorts/socks combination like Juce's old kitserver's did?

It's hard to believe that such a limit would exist in the year 2012.

Good stuff. Some other PR guy also said we'l have a wealth of information. :BOP:

He's not a PR guy and he is right - there will be a wealth of info to boot.

Have to ask you though, you continually call Jon (and others) a ''PR guy'' in a completely condescending, or 'barbed' fashion but I would like to know what your alternative to this would be.

Would you rather there was no English language correspondence whatsoever? Would you like Konami to hire someone for the development team purely because they speak English and care not a jot about their actual suitability for the job or talent beyond his nationality or grasp of a language?

He's not a PR guy and he is right - there will be a wealth of info to boot.

Have to ask you though, you continually call Jon (and others) a ''PR guy'' in a completely condescending, or 'barbed' fashion but I would like to know what your alternative to this would be.

Would you rather there was no English language correspondence whatsoever? Would you like Konami to hire someone for the development team purely because they speak English and care not a jot about their actual suitability for the job or talent beyond his nationality or grasp of a language?

Not sure why your getting all defensive due to using the term "PR Guy" It's exactly what Jon is.

Not sure why your getting all defensive due to using the term "PR Guy" It's exactly what Jon is.

I wasn't getting defensive, I was asking a question(s).

He isn't a ''PR guy'' btw. Part of his job involves public relations work but it is not his job title nor the main part of his role. Just seems barbed every time you say it and I find it odd that you take such exception to part of what he does. Like anyone who undertakes some public relations work for a company, it is the company line they will take when speaking about the company product and in the case of a video game it involves talking it up. Jon has never really came across as anything other than likeable and approachable in any of his Konami work and certainly in any conversation I have had with him.

At the end of the day he is the goto guy for the English speaking audience and with that he has to take the rough with the smooth but I just find any dislike or deep cynicism for the guy odd, as like I say I don't know what is so objectionable about him facing up the game for the English speaking community.

Last edited:

I wasn't getting defensive, I was asking a question(s).

He isn't a ''PR guy'' btw. Part of his job involves public relations work but it is not his job title nor the main part of his role. Just seems barbed every time you say it and I find it odd that you take such exception to part of what he does. Like anyone who undertakes some public relations work for a company, it is the company line they will take when speaking about the company product and in the case of a video game it involves talking it up. Jon has never really came across as anything other than likeable and approachable in any of his Konami work and certainly in any conversation I have had with him.

At the end of the day he is the goto guy for the English speaking audience and with that he has to take the rough with the smooth but I just find any dislike or deep cynicism for the guy odd, as like I say I don't know what is so objectionable about him facing up the game for the English speaking community.

He comes across as a PR guy. I personally dislike him due to the lies he's told over the years regarding PES. The biggest lie was about the animations one year in which he told Adam repeatedly they were amazing in which Adam had "Animations Animations Animations" as his sig on WENB for about 6 weeks. Im sure he's a likeable character but him being a likeable person has no effect on me as i dont speak to him while his words on the up n coming PES games does.

"@JonMurphy_PES: Don't forget, the first PES 2013 announcement is due tomorrow, mixing live and in-game footage of CR7. #pes2013"

Tweet from Jon Murphy.

I hope it's not one of those videos where half of it is the Konami logo on a black screen.

I can guarantee you a lot of close ups of Ronaldo's face. You know, things that matter the least in PES.

I hope it's not one of those videos where half of it is the Konami logo on a black screen.

Oh come on, you know it will be. It'll be him doing keepy-ups in on a plain field at night, possibly with rain. It will end with him volleying the ball towards goal, at which point the screen will pan into the ball and the logo will show up.

Or it'll be something new ;)

Would never work. Same reason why any true 360 degree movement, why plausible just isn't practical. You need to be able to 'lock on' to a direction at times or else you'll be all over the place.

Supercancel is a fantastic compromise as it incorporates the best of both worlds. Selectable freedom, but with a structure that makes the game playable.

I am not sure if this is closely related but.. have a look at this..

I pass a through ball.. my cursor changes to my team mate.. and he sprints automatically towards the direction of the ball.. what is the point of pressing direction and sprint button :CONFUSE: This freedom is implemented better in FIFA 12 with an option in a menu (forgot which one) to change the extend of the way it works.

That freedom is a double edged sword. The game becomes less about football and more about gamer reaction times - the user is expected to tell a player to move to a pass that is blatantly for him. I think some degree of lock-on is essential to faithfully creating the modern passing game - the problem is when it's so rigid that you have to press supercancel just to make even the slightest change to how and when you receive the pass along its trajectory.

yup Rom, it need that lock on and automatic run towards direction of ball trajectory for just quick moment. After that full control of our gamepad to continue. I wonder if PES is still challenged until now regarding this because of limited amount of direction present in the animation system or whatever the term for it. In FIFA, slight changes in direction is presented much better with smooth animation transition compared to PES.

I've had too many times on FIFA where my player is just standing there waiting for the ball. I think the default should be for the player to go to the ball unless we cancel it. Then the issue becomes how quickly the player's reaction is when you hit cancel. Maybe it could be refined to be less abrupt and a bit more subtle?

546196_10150697587514327_280573964326_9445875_1725686420_n.jpg

Just reading back through the last few pages, and I see people are making wish-lists for PES2013.

Are the features in PES2013 still up for grabs? Surely the game is pretty much set in stone now, at this time of year? What's the point of asking for X or Y?

This just in on my inbox.

Dear PES-players,

We're writing to you as you participated – along with tens of thousands of other dedicated PES players from around the world – in our feedback survey.

We are changing and improving many features and aspects of PES this year and most of them have been specifically requested by fans like you.

We want to personally express our gratitude for your support and explain to you how your input has influenced this year’s development.

For example, you rated goalkeepers slightly above average to good – in other words: not good enough for PES. A common complaint about goalies concerned the lack of animations. Many of you also criticized how long it takes to bring the ball back into play after the goalkeeper catches the ball. To address the situation we sought advice from pro keepers and worked hard on AI. The result: far more options, many new animations and even different play styles.

Another example of how your feedback helped: many of you stated you prefer playing PES 2012 without use of any pass support. This inspired us to enable optional full manual passing and shooting. Thanks to new PES FullControl you can precisely place shots exactly where you want - if you can master the skills required of course!

Those are just a couple of examples of how your comments have helped. Visit our official website www.konami-pes2013.com later today to read more about our plans for this year. Keep checking back and we'll update you with exciting info screens as soon as they're ready.

So stay with us, follow us on facebook.com/PES, subscribe to our YouTube channel on www.youtube.com/officialpes and you'll be among the first to learn about all the exciting news we'll have in the run up to the game release this autumn.

Again thanks for participating in the survey and giving our development team suggestions to make PES 2013 the most beautiful game. We're delighted to have such a great fan base that motivates us to work even harder to provide you with the best football experience!

It's good to be back! :)

This just in on my inbox.

It's good to be back! :)

Great, very interesting.. :)) let's see how is that implemented later..

Is crossing included in passing :JAY:

Just recieved the same email....newsletter, i guess they'll keep us informed...

let's hope for 1 hand saves and no more clumsy jumping on the ball.

i still haven't fully understood how full manual passing can be stat based though.

For instances, with the same power bar filled and same direction, player with better passing skill will be more accurate or/and landed to more convenient spot to his mate, no ?

On another note, current PES 2012 has that one handed save i.e :
1. Left/right bottom corner
2. Left/right top corner BUT with opposite hand for example right hand for left top corner

But probably those are not exactly what the fans have been pointing at but this ?

dan_gosling-shoots_1290087c.jpg

Last edited:

A bit of an anti climax, I'll wait for the press release.

A teaser trailer leads to another teaser trailer.

I was expecting more...

With 6 months to go?

Anything we get is a bonus.

Re keepers. Scored a couple of great goals last night but they looked cheap due to keepers pathetic dives.
Konami have to realize that sometimes when well and truely beaten a keeper wont dive. He will just stand there and watch it go in beaten all ends up.
I really want to see that in PES13.
I scored a header right in the top corner last night and in real life keeper would have just stood there but the AI made the keeper do the most stupid dive ever.
Also - yes to 1 handed saves. This also needs to be in the game.

Glad they are working with pro keepers on this and surely they can tell konami and not all shots and headers needs a dive.

I also hate the animations of when theres a shot right at the keeper and he takes the ball and falls to the ground in stages on his side. That just needs the keeper to stand there and bring ball into his chest. Basically they need to look at EAs keepers as thats one thing they have have nailed.

Back
Top Bottom