PES 2013 Discussion Thread

The only problem I have with the game is the static pace of the game. Seems like there is no graduate pace increase from acceleration to top speed. It's like all players have the same constant speed. No difference between pacey and slow players.

yeah i even tried your tactics but the cpu always takes on 5 defender with one attacker. im keep watching cpu vs cpu games trying different set ups but no results...for me

i could paly this game but not like this since it feels like im playing the same match over and over again bc of the tactics

Okay. Back to this. Tired of we9le attacking cpu and no individuality from fifa 16/pes 2017. Pes 2013 is a mix of old gen pes and new gen stuff. We'll see how much time it will last.

Okay. Back to this. Tired of we9le attacking cpu and no individuality from fifa 16/pes 2017. Pes 2013 is a mix of old gen pes and new gen stuff. We'll see how much time it will last.

The problem with PES 2013 is the lack of midfield situation and the lack of speed burst from pacey players. Also it seems like the CPU is always on a panic when playing. They rush to attack.

Yeah, i noticed these problems in the past. I played some games yesterday, it was enjoyable. The animations feel very stiff though...

Still the best football game 'gameplay' of all time, even now!

PES on the ps2 where more 'legendary games' where far better at the time but are way too old now. No freedom in those games anymore which PES 2013

I had minimal exposure to PES 13 and wouldn't mind trying it again but my question is, did you ever play Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution PC ?

Hey all, I have question regarding PES 13. What platform are you guys playing this game on ? I don't have any other console besides PS4 and my PC, therefore I had to try this game on PC which I like a lot. I have an ISO that I try to mount and install using deamon tools lite. Everything goes well and I am play the game but if I restart or shutdown my windows 7DE my Windows wont start. It starts checking for disk errors that "may take over an hour" after that it wants to do system restore to last "working poing" which it does and after that pes13 is removed. What am I doing wrong here and does anyone play this game on PC that could help me with this issue? The daemon tools creates Virtual drive F where game is stored. My pc is powerful and more than enough to handle this game!

Thanks in advance

hello guys! i want to help some friends, hope you can give me some information to explain them
Is there any way to apply official updates and data packs from konami for PS3 PES2013 ?

Still one of the best. The incredible variety of goals you can score is epic. Plus theres real individualism in the teams. Drogba is Drogba, Totti is Totti. The net physics are still some of the best and patched with Jenkeys tool the variety of balls, stadiums and kits is epic.

Only downsize is a lack of variety in the CPU. Its not bad by any stretch but now and again just lacks. With Jenkeys gameplay too though you can tweak ball speed, physics, keeps etc.

Boss game!!!

Hello guys, is there any application that can change Peter Drury voice to be more similar with Jon Champion. I found PES 20 had plenty Callname, i guess it would be better if we can convert them to fit with Jon Champion voice.

Ok so having been playing this again and having had a few requests for Jenkeys gameplay settings, heres mine. I think these play brilliantly but you may want to tweak.

One thing I've noticed is that somewhere along the line, Jenkeys gameplay tool has stopped working, so the app won't run in order to tweak ball speed etc. However if you go to the plugins folder and find the gameplay tool config (basically a txt file of sorts) you can open that an edit values directly.

Heres my settings with explanations:

shot.power=100
Some people have this a little higher but this is the default value and it works well for me, you do get powerful shots with this.

ball.speed=130
I played with this value for ages, 125 was the usual, but 130 is great. Gives the ball a bit of zip and helps eliminate the floating feel in combination with ball weight.

ball.weight=145
This is the most essential value. This gives the ball a very real feeling of weight. The original game felt like you were kicking a balloon, this makes it feel a like a football. This combined with the above makes the game feel like its got a bit of pace, the ball a bit of bounce and makes goals and passing more satisfying.

AI.Slider=1
So the default for this is 0, if you want an easier game of sorts set this and the next two values to 0 and it plays more like the vanilla. This way it gives you a little space on the ball around the CPUs area and the CPU doesn't chase you down as much. With this set to 1 the CPU is much smarter. When you play a ball into the channels the CPU won't wait for you to receive the ball, they will go for the ball. They will close you down and track back. Their forward play is smarter and for me I see much more variety of goals from them. AT 0 they tend to hit weaker shots. This is a challenges and can make the game a bit frantic at times but its good as it makes you switched on with the ball and using it properly.

AI.Level=1
This is almost the same as above and really needs to match the above value. I think this gives the CPU a bit of welly. I play on professional and it seems to work best for that as the CPU will still make mistakes but can play a bit too, rather than just whacking it on top player or superstar for a challenge.

AI.enforce=1
I have this set to 1 too and I'm pretty sure this value gives your team mates a boost too in order to keep things balanced with the CPU.

Motion.speed=102
100 is the default here, i pushed it to 102 as it makes the players motions a bit faster which in turn with the other values makes them more mobile rather than slow and ponderous. It doesn't completely eliminate the feeling of a lack of pace to players but it definitely helps. Just small increases to this value make a big difference.

GK.speed=150
Been playing around with this value and settled on this. Again 100 is default game setting but boosting it gives the keepers more reaction to situations. You can still score long shots, they ant infallible but it helps with the CPUs close range 1-1 efforts.

AI.optimze=1
This adds more player movement, aggressive defence and more general active AI on the pitch.

AI.remove.script=0
Putting this to one, removes the cheating CPU apparently. Cant say I've noticed much but I've kept it off for now. Need to play with it more.

Ball.curve=100
Default value but lowering it and highering it gives more curve to passes. I don't think this needs touching personally, theres lots of curve in the game.

Ball.accuracy=100
I had this at 140 originally, its to help your passing be more accurate, but its too accurate and in football you need that loose passing. I found it more difficult to lay on a pass into space with higher values or just knock the ball into space. So i keep it at default with passing assist off.

Goalnet.rebound=150
I switch between 110,150 and 200 with this value. Makes the ball whip around the net as it make the nets more elastic with the ball. The ball at higher values will fly back out of the net more, at lower values when the ball hits the net it just sits there. I think 110-150 is a good balance as you tend to get the best of both worlds. At default the net is less lively and a bit flat in a lot of scenarios.

Gravity=100
Not touched this, does weird stuff!

Player.match.point=100
I have no idea what this does.

Pass.support=100
Much like ball accuracy this is tied to passing and has the same problems so keep it at 100.

Player.responsiveness=140
Default is 100, i boosted this to 140 and find it excellent. Your players react to situations better and it seems to help eliminate the cheating CPU, where your man just won't react to a stray ball or missus an interception he should get.. It works 95% of the time.

And thats that. Im having a blast on this. Yes the players can feel a little stiff at first as we are so used to the motion capture of today but honestly, this game has so much depth. The players are individual, the teams play a decent tactical game, keepers are good. Yeah the AI cheating sometimes lets it down and the CPU variety of shots (although improved with jenkeys tool), add in the Kitserver stuff, customisation on PC and this is a must have game.

Heres some youtube vids i recorded, quality a bit ropey but hey ho:

Last edited:
Ok so having been playing this again and having had a few requests for Jenkeys gameplay settings, heres mine. I think these play brilliantly but you may want to tweak.

One thing I've noticed is that somewhere along the line, Jenkeys gameplay tool has stopped working, so the app won't run in order to tweak ball speed etc. However if you go to the plugins folder and find the gameplay tool config (basically a txt file of sorts) you can open that an edit values directly.

Heres my settings with explanations:

shot.power=100
Some people have this a little higher but this is the default value and it works well for me, you do get powerful shots with this.

ball.speed=130
I played with this value for ages, 125 was the usual, but 130 is great. Gives the ball a bit of zip and helps eliminate the floating feel in combination with ball weight.

ball.weight=145
This is the most essential value. This gives the ball a very real feeling of weight. The original game felt like you were kicking a balloon, this makes it feel a like a football. This combined with the above makes the game feel like its got a bit of pace, the ball a bit of bounce and makes goals and passing more satisfying.

AI.Slider=1
So the default for this is 0, if you want an easier game of sorts set this and the next two values to 0 and it plays more like the villa. This way it gives you a little space on the ball around the CPUs area and the CPU doesn't chase you down as much. With this set to 1 the CPU is much smarter. When you play a ball into the channels the CPU won't wait for you to receive the ball, they will go for the ball. They will close you down and track back. Their forward play is smarter and for me I see much more variety of goals from them. AT 0 they tend to hit weaker shots. This is a challenges and can make the game a bit frantic at times but its good as it makes you switched on with the ball and using it properly.

AI.Level=1
This is almost the same as above and really needs to match the above value. I think this gives the CPU a bit of welly. I play on professional and it seems to work best for that as the CPU will still make mistakes but can play a bit too, rather than just whacking it on top player or superstar for a challenge.

AI.enforce=1
I have this set to 1 too and I'm pretty sure this value gives your team mates a boost too in order to keep things balanced with the CPU.

Motion.speed=102
100 is the default here, i pushed it to 102 as it makes the players motions a bit faster which in turn with the other values makes them more mobile rather than slow and ponderous. It doesn't completely eliminate the feeling of a lack of pace to players but it definitely helps. Just small increases to this value make a big difference.

GK.speed=150
Been playing around with this value and settled on this. Again 100 is default game setting but boosting it gives the keepers more reaction to situations. You can still score long shots, they ant infallible but it helps with the CPUs close range 1-1 efforts.

AI.optimze=1
This adds more player movement, aggressive defence and more general active AI on the pitch.

AI.remove.script=0
Putting this to one, removes the cheating CPU apparently. Cant say I've noticed much but I've kept it off for now. Need to play with it more.

Ball.curve=100
Default value but lowering it and highering it gives more curve to passes. I don't think this needs touching personally, theres lots of curve in the game.

Ball.accuracy=100
I had this at 140 originally, its to help your passing be more accurate, but its too accurate and in football you need that loose passing. I found it more difficult to lay on a pass into space with higher values or just knock the ball into space. So i keep it at default with passing assist off.

Goalnet.rebound=150
I switch between 110,150 and 200 with this value. Makes the ball whip around the net as it make the nets more elastic with the ball. The ball at higher values will fly back out of the net more, at lower values when the ball hits the net it just sits there. I think 110-150 is a good balance as you tend to get the best of both worlds. At default the net is less lively and a bit flat in a lot of scenarios.

Gravity=100
Not touched this, does weird stuff!

Player.match.point=100
I have no idea what this does.

Pass.support=100
Much like ball accuracy this is tied to passing and has the same problems so keep it at 100.

Player.responsiveness=140
Default is 100, i boosted this to 140 and find it excellent. Your players react to situations better and it seems to help eliminate the cheating CPU, where your man just won't react to a stray ball or missus an interception he should get.. It works 95% of the time.

And thats that. Im having a blast on this. Yes the players can feel a little stiff at first as we are so used to the motion capture of today but honestly, this game has so much depth. The players are individual, the teams play a decent tactical game, keepers are good. Yeah the AI cheating sometimes lets it down and the CPU variety of shots (although improved with jenkeys tool), add in the Kitserver stuff, customisation on PC and this is a must have game.

Heres some youtube vids i recorded, quality a bit ropey but hey ho:

I briefly gave it a try. I like your settings! The ball physics in particular, which is one of the things I don't go crazy with the vanilla game, feels much much better with weight at 145.

Thanks for these 2 great posts @Antoine.

I'm loving PES 2012 at the moment as I'm doing a EURO 2012 play through but I really can't wait to get aquainted with 2013 properly again after all these years.

I'll experiment with the vanilla gameplay & then your tweaks. I can't help but agree with your metaphor for the ball physics. At times the ball has a believable weight to it then the next it's like a beach ball. Driven passes & powerful shots can often lack that satisfying punch you come to expect.

Thanks for these 2 great posts @Antoine.

I'm loving PES 2012 at the moment as I'm doing a EURO 2012 play through but I really can't wait to get aquainted with 2013 properly again after all these years.

I'll experiment with the vanilla gameplay & then your tweaks. I can't help but agree with your metaphor for the ball physics. At times the ball has a believable weight to it then the next it's like a beach ball. Driven passes & powerful shots can often lack that satisfying punch you come to expect.

No worries mate. You will find that the light floaty physics are eliminated with jenkeys tool settings. Try it out!

Would anyone be so kind to upload latest 3.25 version of gameplay tool? Without all those AIDS-infested adware links that are available on jenkey's blog?

How to I disable the game from attempting to connect to online servers? It tries connecting before the game fully loads.

How to I disable the game from attempting to connect to online servers? It tries connecting before the game fully loads.
It should just say it can't connect and then you go into the game? Unless you have your wifi disabled..

It should just say it can't connect and then you go into the game? Unless you have your wifi disabled..

No, I'd like to disable it from even trying to connect at all. It freezes up for a little while trying to connect and I'd like to eliminate that.

No worries mate. You will find that the light floaty physics are eliminated with jenkeys tool settings. Try it out!
Hi, Would you mind uploading your gameplaytool.ini file please?

The tool does n;t open for me so i have to rely on the text editor but my file is empty because it hasn't been configured yet on my system.

EDIT: Never mind, I got it working as i found the gameplay.ini and edited it with your settings.

Last edited:
Please introduce the best patch for pes 2013 :PRAY:

There are many patches for this game. But I don't know which one to download. Please introduce the best to me

Back
Top Bottom