PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Come to think of it, some of the games have been pretty much like watching a non-event real match.

It's down to a serious of factors really, from teams, to player condition (if you're on console they're random, I hate those damn arrows), to your own concentration.

If I start losing focus of what I'm doing or if I try to rush the game it gets annoying pretty fast, passes start to come out sluggish and I can't seem to find space. If I try to build up as slowly as possible and wait for the AI to react to what I'm doing (both my own team mates and CPU) then the game really shines.

One thing I also found out, games get really "interesting" once you manage to score a goal, especially if it's an early one. CPU takes a lot more risks, the game opens up and the tendency is to increase the pace.

I fully believe this game will click for me, I've played enough PES to know it takes a lot of time to get used to a new game. I'm much more skeptical of comments praising the game than criticizing it, for this reason!

Played it for about an hour. It's alright I guess - an improvement on last years. I can't see where a years worth of development has gone though. Doubt I'll buy it

Passing and shooting are too sluggish, there needs to be some zip to the ball. Slow, realistic gameplay doesn't have to mean sluggish, unrealistic ball physics.

Shooting is not sluggish at all imo, In fact some shots are a bit too powerful, 150km/h lol.

Don't be afraid to press square. Obviously shots under pressure will go astray.

Is everyone here playing everything on manual? I mean, all assistance turned off, zero passing bars, semi-manual switching, with manual shooting and without the manual direct arrow.

Really have a tough time getting to grips with passing, but I really like it. Made some great one twos in tight spaces, usually by wrong footing the opposition. But overall still hasn't clicked for me, having trouble with shots as well.

Shooting fixed. Hurrah.

Played around five games and am loving it so far. Everything I wanted fixed has been.

I take it the stutter before your score (360) will be gone come release, though I remember Konami seriously fucking this up the other year when it happened - infact tried to deny there was stuttering!

The all round look of the game looks better. Nice menus as well.

They really have worked on Ronaldo - looks great.

In my last game I was Germany and went 2-0 vs Italy with 25 mins left.....and lost 2-3!

Played it for about an hour. It's alright I guess - an improvement on last years. I can't see where a years worth of development has gone though. Doubt I'll buy it

My thoughts exactly. The game does play slightly better and feels more free but other than a the improved R2 dribbling, the improved defending mechanism, more fluid animations, improved AI movement, new menu design and the somewhat dodgy manual shooting, I can't see the results of a team working 8-9 months of 40+ hour work weeks there. Still, it's only demo 1 so I may be thinking too much...

I'm finding scoring to be very tough. I've hardly scored in about Five or six matches now, and tend to lose 1-0 due to the short nature of the matches, but I'm still having a blast with this. I definitely cannot go back to PES2012 now, even as an early demo it is far and away superior to the previous game.

I've spent half my time with Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Neymar trying to do nutmegs. I can't do it. It almost works but the CPU player manages to get a block on your run after slipping the ball through their legs.

Also, I'm a bit confused by the first touch thing. It says to press R2 as you trap the ball, but just holding it before and during the trap seems to do the same thing. I'd be disappointed if you can just hold the button, trapping by timing pressing the button as the ball connects with the foot would be a far better representation of trapping a ball. Maybe I'm wrong and haven't noticed it properly yet.

Many things have changed that I need getting used to. That sidestep move holding L2 and the R stick seems to have gone, and using R2 seems different in some way. And I've only just realised that when manually shooting you can shoot with Y to hit a low shot. Does this only apply to manual shots?

Lots to learn!

The R3 flicks are effective (probably a little too much) for getting the ball moving after receiving a pass!
Damn, they keep the game like this with the keepers tweaked, then PES13 will be immense, especially when the new controls are fully learned and adapted to!
Looking forward to it soo much!

It can be a bit frustrating to play against the CPU, but human vs human the game is fun.

I can only suggest that anyone with a half decent PC or laptop play the demo on that instead of the console-versions. Playing 25 min matches is so much better than the default 5 min-matches.

5 min is hardly enough to get into the match and then it ends.

If you happen to have a wired xbox360-pad around, it works on the PC, laptop as well.

Enjoying the demo even with the 5 min. matches. Has anyone been able to pull of those fancy skills/flicks from the trailers? So far, the cleanest move I have done is the Xavi turn with Deco, but it isn't really something new. And a few nutmegs.

Enjoying the demo even with the 5 min. matches. Has anyone been able to pull of those fancy skills/flicks from the trailers? So far, the cleanest move I have done is the Xavi turn with Deco, but it isn't really something new. And a few nutmegs.

Try pressing R3 (or Xbox/Pc equivalent) instead of trapping.: haven't done any like the trailers but it worke for the ground flicks

Played 1 game (times at a premium for me) 15minutes PC professional level with Portugal vs Germany all assistance off

After playing PES2012 extensively this game - though it looks the same -is very different.
Dribbling is much harder than PES2012 CPU defenders stick out a leg very quickly and don't commit immediately.
Shooting is very powerful at first it felt too hard but I'll need to get PES2012 out of my system.
Unassisted passing is very loose and less assisted than 2012 especially the long crosses. In PES2012 you could change play too easily. This years game sees the ball go out a lot more.
Game is much slower than 2012
Defending is still hard against the AI as they seldom misplace a pass.
All in all it looks very promising
I will have to see if I get chance to play tomorrow

No one detected the core problems with this game.

INVERSED TEAMPLAY LOGIC
When a real player has the ball, their teammates move around him, creating spaces and options to pass safely. The ball holder spends little time on the ball, generally 2 or 3 touches and pass.
In PES, it works exactly the other way around: when you have the ball, YOU have to make things happen. You have to carry the ball towards your teammates to "declare your intentions". Teammates AI is passive, it has no intentions whatsoever. How often do your players hide behind the opponents instead of showing themselves for a pass? This is why we see a LOT of unnecesary ball carrying in PES.

BALL RECEPTION FACING
PES players rarely (almost never) face the right direction when receiving a pass. They receive in a neutral body position, generally the wrong way. That's why you have to accomodate so much after every pass. The lack of authentic team philophies (play horizontally/with pivots/diamond shaped/etc), which should alter the way players face a ball reception, intensifies this flaw.

Super Mario is amazing in this demo. Player I.D. working out fine so far. P.C is the only way to play for me from now on. Great demo.

After 10 games , keepers better , shooting better , animations slightly better but not that great , occasionally feels clunky ..played assists.At times felt a bit chatoic as players were losing the ball too easily...polished pes 2012 for me but that was I expected ..pes fans will love it FIFA fans won't change, people in the middle will decide after the FIFA demo I guess

Just played a few matches on PC using the time extender. The more I play it, the more I'm enjoying it. Seems to have decent amount of depth to the play, seeing new things every match. Loving the relatively free passing and shooting. Defending is definitely better than previously. So far, feels quite a well balanced game of football.

Various niggles, but the most annoying is that the cpu is still showing too many signs of being pixel-perfect when it needs to be, which is kinda a game-killer when it can just decide to cheat itself a goal. Can only imagine how bad it will be in ML. When it happens, it makes everything that's gone before in a match a waste of time and effort. Wish they would finally kill off this cpu-cheating malarky....it really is the turd in the jacuzzi.

We need to make a list of the things that Konami should tweak for the final release.

Ok, this is my first video on youtube, recorded from Iphone. Sorry for the bad quality, that's my first try.

No goal here, the video is not much special, but I recorded because i think that moment really captured Pirlo's special ability to make this kind of pass, and if the ball went in, it would be a great goal!

I repeat: amatuer quality lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06rt3_VzS6k&feature=plcp

ps: I deleted this post on the official video thread and i can't post it there anymore, i don't know why.

Have 2012 on PS3 but I’ve downloaded the PC version of 2013 with the extended timings.

OK, so it feels so improved, the R2 moves are great, there is actually a midfield at times, I can aim shots anywhere and the keepers look far better. Everything is peachy and looks like a great starting position for the final product. All in all, a significant step forward.

So why have they ignored the most important aspect for redevelopment and left us staring at those bloody mouths in the goal celebration cut scenes? :PIG::))

Any tips for defending jesus i keep getting done with through balls?

Omg i cant score to save my life i even put it on professional this is bad.

Any tips for defending jesus i keep getting done with through balls?

Omg i cant score to save my life i even put it on professional this is bad.

A good start is, whenever the opponent is approaching you, hold down R2. That way you will "screen" his forward run, forcing him to slow down the attack. And when ever you feel sure you can get the ball, double tap [X]. But you need to be sure you can get the ball otherwise you are going to ruin the game with tonnes of free kicks.

HTH

Try pressing the ball carrier by calling over a second man, keep control of the defender and make him hold the line as last man. Then run deep. This seems to make the guy with the ball think twice about playing the pass as the through ball is no longer on.

BTW, if anyone's interested, probably not, but I've opened a new profile. I was LTFC, you'll still recognise me by my irrational rants!

I think difficulty levels are a bit over the place atm lol. Regular can be more challenging (defensively) then Superstar!

Back
Top Bottom