iOS Gaming

Re: iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming

Don't expect anything like that billyboy. Certainly no edit mode (confirmed) and no ml. They have focused on getting the core gameplay sorted in this inaugural version and if it is successful they will add to the elements of the game in forthcoming versions.

Cannot say i blame them. If it plays as well as they are saying (which they are saying it is based on the psp version, from graphics, animations and sounds) then it will be a good start!

all football games so far have been more or less shit, i hope this will be different...

Don't expect anything like that billyboy. Certainly no edit mode (confirmed) and no ml. They have focused on getting the core gameplay sorted in this inaugural version and if it is successful they will add to the elements of the game in forthcoming versions.

Cannot say i blame them. If it plays as well as they are saying (which they are saying it is based on the psp version, from graphics, animations and sounds) then it will be a good start!

:(

PES 2010 for the iPhone and iPod Touch is now available on the App Store for £5.99/€7.99.

I got it this morning, but cannot play it on the ipad yet as a there is a bug with it.

Hopefully they will release a patch tomorrow for it.

I like it. Feels very similar to the PSP version.

There's no manual player select at the moment though! A glaring omission in my book!

I like it. Feels very similar to the PSP version.

There's no manual player select at the moment though! A glaring omission in my book!

Yeah the player select is annoying aside from the huge FPS drops every now and then. Everything else seems to be very good though, a good choice of teams and players and good graphics for a mobile phone game. There's also quite a few modes to keep us entertained.

all the ipad needs is a dedicated games controller. then it will compete with the big three. the fact that the screen is already THE perfect size for gaming whilst reclining on the sofa or in your pit, means the graphics don't need to be as good. just make them half-decent and nail the gameplay and it is there for the taking...

iPad is the best thing EVER!!

edit to add: as good as that GT game looks in the video above, it will always be held back as long as you are using the screen to control the car. it NEEDS a joypad to realise its full potential... some games work brilliantly with the ipad screen, and some don't work at all. we need a
joypad!!!

Last edited:

I agree with MJ controlling games by tilting just fucks the game up

Surely they can make it so when you tilt the screen it always stay central because it just looks shit and is awkward to control when the screen is static when and your moving all over the place especially on driving games?

Anyone got any good time wasting puzzle apps they can recommend?

I have Cogs, Colourbind and Gravity so far which are very good but i want some more

Re: iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad Gaming

PES is alright, but i'd say X2 Football 2010 is the best footy game for iPhone/iPod.

I like the animations, teams and players in PES. It is quite similar to the look of the PSP version. My major problem is the non-existent player-switching and over simplified gameplay. They should have copied the controls from X2 Football.

just can not get used to playing with virtual buttons. does not work for me, at all.

I got a 3GS yesterday and can finally have a go of PES whilst I wait for them to fix the iPad issue.

I think it plays pretty well. I dont think its that comparable to the PSP version (which I thought was very good and extremely close to the console versions), but its nice enough to have 'PES in your pocket'.

Though I'm now actually hoping they add it to the PSN store for PSPGo!

Try X2 2010 pbb, that's the best footy game and runs like a dream on the 3GS. Shame it's only international teams though.

Try X2 2010 pbb, that's the best footy game and runs like a dream on the 3GS. Shame it's only international teams though.

Hmm, I might get the HD version on the iPad. Dunno, not been that impressed with what I've seen - I'll check out some YT vids.

just can not get used to playing with virtual buttons. does not work for me, at all.

PES works pretty well with the accelerometer, give it a try you will be surprised

Tilting moves the player up, down, left and right pressing the screen passes, shoots, crosses and everything else

It may sound it but it plays better than the shitty virtual stick and its always 1 button to do everything else anyway

X2 2010 has club teams... it even has Championship teams :).

Back
Top Bottom