Football Kingdom [PS2]

If he's number 7, then who is number 11? He really resembles Ronaldinho a lot. I still have hopes....

That number 7 looks nowhere near him.

oh well....

hi there, my first post after a long long time.
first of all i must admit, i have stopped playing we7i for quite a time now and after looking at the screenshots of Football Kingdom i think i am very excited about it. one little remark i dont like the player textures (faces etc.) i dont think they look as realistic as we7i...
anyway it's the gameplay that counts and having 2 players at the freekick is just amazing!

i am really looking forward to playing this game. it must be better than we7i otherwise namco wouldnt release such a game would they?

So why do Sony release TIF/WTS, why do EA release FIFA, why do Codemasters release Club Football? :eh:

ClassicD said:
So why do Sony release TIF/WTS, why do EA release FIFA, why do Codemasters release Club Football? :eh:

Obviously to compete.

True, it could go either way. The game could be good or bad. However, based on the italian forum posts I read, someone has already played a demo version of it and claims it to be great.

I don't think the game looks strikingly similar to WE for nothing.

I still don't blame you for being so skeptical though. Considering how bad the list of game makers you provided turned out to be regarding futbol games.

Peace!
;)

ClassicD said:

The Japanese and European markets are different.

In Europe, people will buy anything that has an official licence slapped on it AND in Japan they actually make good games. ;)

Sure I agree the markets are different, although TIF doesn't have official stuff all over it, isn't better than WE and does get released.

Don't get me wrong about FK, I would love this game to be excellent, I really hope it is.

So why do Sony release TIF/WTS, why do EA release FIFA, why do Codemasters release Club Football?
Spangly names and licenses and the sounds of cash registers everywhere going 'ker-ching' :)

ClassicD said:
Sure I agree the markets are different, although TIF doesn't have official stuff all over it, isn't better than WE and does get released.

Don't get me wrong about FK, I would love this game to be excellent, I really hope it is.

That's what I like to hear....

And it will be excellent, you'll see. It will be excellent enough to hold us until WE8.

I can't wait to bury one in those realistic looking nets. ;)

-JFlo

Speaking of realistic nets, has anyone ever played:

Tecmo World Soccer '96

tws96-03.png

One of my favorite games of all time. The best nets I've ever seen in a football video game. :D

Was that the one you got a 'Super Shot' every so often and the power bar filled up to Max and even if the goalie caught it he fell back into the net? Class game, the overhead kicks were brilliant!

jumbo said:
Apperantly a couple of demo versions of this game have been distributed to some of the stores here and there LOL (europe). Them ITALIANS are already playing the game and they're excited. Some guy who's been playin for a while gave WE7I a 9 and FC a solid 8 and said it's a fantastic game in WE's style athough I don't really know any other details :p I'm using www.freetranslation.com :D

LOL, here's the link. Lots of pages and some screens:

http://www.forumeye.it/invision/index.php?showtopic=138661&st=0

CAN'T WAIT.

I lads !

I'm the guy (Kosi) who opened the thread in the wegrinta forum !

As you, we really hope that FK 'll be a valid challenger for the forthcoming we8. It seems that FK Trail Edition is gonna be the first of a new football serie.
Crossed fingers !

Just a word about the guy wo says he played the demo. I trust him, but we don't have any real proof that he's not joking us.
I hope he's true :twisted:

Chears from italians winning eleven fans ;)

Cheers to you as well Kiske!!!

Welcome!

Would you mind posting any further news you hear from this guy that claims to have a demo of the game???

Some of us really have high hopes for this game. It looks very promising.

Thanks,
JFlo

Was that the one you got a 'Super Shot' every so often and the power bar filled up to Max and even if the goalie caught it he fell back into the net? Class game, the overhead kicks were brilliant!
Hat Trick Hero / Football Champ (depending on where you played it). I too have fond memories of that game :).

babs said:
Hat Trick Hero / Football Champ (depending on where you played it). I too have fond memories of that game :).
Yeah weird my local snooker club in liverpool actually had football champ and hat-trick hero weird they where essentially the same game. ( remember the cut scene when it would showed your manager when you scored?)

Dragon ninja vs baddudes and double dragon............Where also there.

Sorry..... i'm getting nostalgic :)

jumbo said:
Speaking of realistic nets, has anyone ever played:

Tecmo World Soccer '96

tws96-03.png

One of my favorite games of all time. The best nets I've ever seen in a football video game. :D

Hey Jumbo!

That is one nice looking net physics for an old model game. You would think that the japs at NOKAMI would have gotten with the program by now to include realistic net physics in WE games. I still feel that this is lacking.

I myself see NAMCO capitalizing on all the little important ingredients in Football Kingdom that NOKAMI haven't thus far.

Imagine putting one over the wall in the final minutes of the match and seeing the ball sail gracefully and swiftly slamming into the upper corner of the net with rippleing effect...... ;)

Just to think of how beautiful the net would animate makes me salivate.

I have been a striker all my life as a soccer player. And one thing that all of us strikers have in common, is that we busted our tails on the field running for one reason only. To put one in the net and seeing how beautifully the nets rippled after a goal. Those are the memories that stay with you for a long time.

JFLo

jflores said:
Cheers to you as well Kiske!!!

Welcome!

Would you mind posting any further news you hear from this guy that claims to have a demo of the game???

Some of us really have high hopes for this game. It looks very promising.

Thanks,
JFlo

Hi Jflores :)

Sure I'll post and so my mates as soon as we get new infos !
We asked the guy wo claims having played the demo to post some screens, and another user asked him if he was okay to sell his first demo version (Apparently he receveid a second version - To tell you the truth, I have some doubt about his comments...) and send it to another user.
Anyway the game is out in 2 weeks, so in the next few days we should have some preview or review to look at !

Bye and... GO GO GO Barca ! Go ahead the "merengues" :mrgreen:

Thanks a lot Kiske.

I hope this guy isn't lying about his posts. I read some of them myself and he seems to be serious about his comments on the game. I really hope he was being truthful.

Anyway, keep us updated.

Until then, I will keep an eye out for a preview.

RONALDINHO, the best player in the world.....BARCA Forever baby!!!! ;)

Peace!
JFlo

Milanista said:
These are the club teams tho :(

AC Maccheroni
AS Catenaccio
Sanfu rat
High Heel
Real Flamenco (una squadra di ballerini?)
Silver Cooper (in onore di Hector?)
Suzuki Motor FC
Total Foot 14
Fc Top Merun
Training Bull Utd

Not very licensed. :(

Yeah I noticed that, but isn't this Real Madrid (note Ronaldo and the blue boots)

fk14.jpg

Yes I agree, and by the looks of it they are playing Manchester United.

Good spot, I had to go over it 100 times to actually find RO & NA, my eyes were being tricked reading through a page full of symbols.

Either way, it's 100% Ronaldo, so unless they've created Real Madrid & stuck him in there, then they do atleast have 1 non-Japanese club team :D

Back
Top Bottom