WORLD SOCCER Winning Eleven 2010 : Challenge of Blue Samurai

wana get this game, cant wait , hope many improvements from pes2010 , come on konami , :RANT:

fifa is a joke compared to we/pes when trying to apply tactics and formation, and realism.

there is a lengthy video out on the official site. Check Winningelevenblog.com

First glance no notable difference... except the goalkeepers seem worse the PES 10 !

Last edited:
Would've copped if they included the J.League teams but Konami's all about milking the cow these days so they'll prolly release another game revolving around the japanese league later this year.

...unless they gave the J.League license away to EA since JWE2009CC sold like shit, one can only hope...

Suck for them that FIFA World Cup got the JFA license as well though, they got my money solely for that reason lol.

again, EA does not have the JFA license. They were able to use JFA material in the game simply because they have the World Cup License which includes all teams in the World Cup. *check the 06 WC game and u'll see

As for J.League, the sales were poor because the Japanese people are starting to move on to PS3 and the J League game was only on PS2. A PS3 version will be made after PES 2011 simply due to the new engine that they are making and they didn't want to make a horrible J League game for PS3 with the old engines.

As for J.League, the sales were poor because the Japanese people are starting to move on to PS3 and the J League game was only on PS2. A PS3 version will be made after PES 2011 simply due to the new engine that they are making and they didn't want to make a horrible J League game for PS3 with the old engines.

Actually sales have been poor for the past 4~5 years and JWE2009CC sold a measly (and embarrassing) 80k copies, including mine, (just to draw a comparison, 2007CC and 2008CC did around 200k each, whereas golden age titles such as WE6i, WE7 and 8:LE peaked at about 2,5~3M copies in Japan alone...), they should just let EA have it.

I believe they haven't made a PS3 version yet because it'd take way too much resources/money (they know they couldn't half-ass it like they did with PES) and it'd be hardly profitable on its own, so, back to my original point, why not just include the J.League teams into the "Jikkyoo Soccer" (the way it was in JWE9 Asia Championship) series and get it over with, instead of releasing outdated and slightly upgraded PS2 versions year after year?

Last edited:
dont know about sales but have to say that jleague2009 cc is a great game...in my opinion its the greatest football title ever... better than pes5/6 (of course its based on pes5/6 old ps2 engine but with some tweaks)..

so thats why they are still releasing it exclusively on ps2..the j league series...and thats whats gonna happen this year with jleague2010 i guess...

next year we might have jleaguewe2011 on ps3 ..if theres a proper pes/we2011 around

@besides: Looking on website of yesasia.com you can also preorder the WORLD SOCCER Winning Eleven 2010 : Challenge of Blue Samurai version for PS3

just been playing the psp version of this, seems good so far and has full commentary.

the ps2 verson is a joke, not more than 10 new faces, not all full licenced new kits for the world cup and the transfer not even updated, why they can ask for money with that? lol

Just had confirmation my ps3 version of this game has been shipped via express delivery through DHL via yesasia,will post some impressions over the next few days when i recieve it.

I thought you didn't like 2010 so why go through this hassle of buying an "update"?

Hi all! I'm new here, sorry for my english ;)

I've been playing Blue Samurai PS3 version since last saturday (Play-asia was very fast) and I must say that after about 50 matches, I love the game.

My opinion is that gameplay is improved: slower than PES, referees not so blind, CPU and teammates AI improved, players feel "heavier" but in a realistic way (not to be intended as control lag), ball not so "glued" to player that have possession.
In general a more polished version, that reminds me the "old" feeling that I have with this game.

The only problem for me is that it is completely in japanese, with the exception of main menu and some title. I hope there an option to set it in english, but I doubt it.
Luckily I know all the menus of the master league (they are identical to PES ones), so I'm doing just fine.

Is there any patch to have english player names?

Regarding online, I managed to play a single game with a japanese guy: lag was bad but maybe it was only that game.

been playing the ps2 version can't notice any gameplay tweaks at all from pes 2010 though.

same stadiums and editing options too japan challenge does look really good played a couple of qualifying games shame you cant choose other teams to play as in that mode (ok i know defies the point of japan challenge being other teams but would be nice to have a choice) not too impressed really wasnt expecting much admittedly but not even a tweak in gameplay?

I thought you didn't like 2010 so why go through this hassle of buying an "update"?

Sucker for punishment i guess,i still enjoyed 8 seasons of master league in pes2010 despite my niggles and frustrations and wanted to see what tweaks and refinements would do to the base code,something that dlc updates are unable to change as only stats are changeable via these.

Im not going to be to hard on this game though as its obviously more a final evolution rather then a massive overhaul.

Will post some vids showing some replays and differences even if they arent that great.

Been playing PSP version for some hours. I feel the kicks are more powerful and through passes (triangle button) are much more accurate. The roster is based in the february PES 2010 update (at least for my team SC Internacional)

Liked the game so far. Unfortunately everything is in japanese

Heard positive things about the wii version, ie full 360 dribbling for a start, ordered that from play-asia.

I would've played the Wii version if it had customizable buttons. No idea why it ain't in the Wii version.

The only problem for me is that it is completely in japanese, with the exception of main menu and some title. I hope there an option to set it in english, but I doubt it.

But it is region free!
How is it that you're playing it in Japanese?

But it is region free!
How is it that you're playing it in Japanese?

It is region free, but on my PAL PS3 set to "English", the game starts default directly in Japanese (with AI difficulty choice).

So I assume there is no English translation for this game (that, must be noted, is intended for domestic japanese market, as stated on the back "For Japan Only").

Even on menu I've not found any language setting.

But I obviously hope I'm wrong :)

It is region free, but on my PAL PS3 set to "English", the game starts default directly in Japanese (with AI difficulty choice).

So I assume there is no English translation for this game (that, must be noted, is intended for domestic japanese market, as stated on the back "For Japan Only").

Even on menu I've not found any language setting.

But I obviously hope I'm wrong :)

Very, very strange.

Have you tried to set up your PS3 with another language other than English?

Tonight I'll try with Italian or French, but I doubt it will work.

But it is not so strange: from what I know the Japanese version has always been Japanese-Only, while the Asian version also had English.
My last Winning Eleven was the 6 FE for Gamecube Jap though, so I am probably wrong.

Last edited:
hi guys!

i'd like to know some player's stats...ps3 version

ledley king (tottenham)
gareth bale (tottenham)
luka modric (tottenham)
brade hangeland (fulham)
david luiz (benfica)
Robben (bayern monaco)
krasic (cska moska)
Honda (cska moska)
toni kroos (germany)

thank you!

Last edited:
Tonight I'll try with Italian or French, but I doubt it will work.

But it is not so strange: from what I know the Japanese version has always been Japanese-Only, while the Asian version also had English.
My last Winning Eleven was the 6 FE for Gamecube Jap though, so I am probably wrong.

Sorry, you are absolutely right!! The game is in Japanese.

Finally got my copy for the ps3 this morning and after 15 exhibiton matches on superstar difficulty these are my initial impressions.

Firstly let me just state im a pes diehard but button lag and awful response times,aswell as sticky player physics killed pes2010 for me but im more then happy to report these factors have been completely corrected and WE akoi de chousen is as responsive as any version of pes on the ps2.

AI has also been massively tweaked with players not freezing and now reacting to the balls played into space effortlessly as well as moving quickly to misplaced passes or deflections.Whats also worth a note is teams now counter attack much better with
forwards making movements off the shoulders of defenders and providing much more support and improved movement in and around the box as well as tracking space.Plus the dreaded 4 man zone pressing has gone with defenders acting far more intelligently.

Ball physics have also been tweaked with more zipp and power in passes and as the button lag has been corrected passes and shots tend to always go in the required direction of my thumbstick commands,headers also dont cannonball from crosses and are now much more realistic.Shooting is also more refined and much improved with much more subtle differences in the power ratios.

The game is also much quicker overall and you get that real pang of excitement in your stomach much like the days of the ps2.

Animation is still the same but smoothed out with no noticable clipping in the animation cycles with the horrible laggy delayed turns from pes2010 now being much smoother and quicker,collision detection is slightly improved but not massively but it does make a difference.Its also easier to retain ball possession and you have a much improved midfield so dont feel so forced out on the wings through fear of losing the ball and feel much more in control of the game while dribbling as you can skin defenders with touch as there are no response issues or delays when you turn.

So all in all a much improved game that has certainly restored my faith in pes productions,its just a shame pes2010 wasnt this finished or complete because you can really see which direction konami are taking the series with this game.

Any questions please ask and are do my best to answer.

Last edited:
hi expander!

i'd like to know some player stats...

ledley king (tottenham)
gareth bale (tottenham)
luka modric (tottenham)
brade hangeland (fulham)
david luiz (benfica)
Robben (bayern monaco)
krasic (cska moska)
Honda (cska moska)
toni kroos (germany)

firstly:

is there any roster update??

thank you!!

Forgot to say refs and goalkeepers are also much improved,i havent had a penaltie yet but havent been brought down in the box,although i have had numerous freekicks in 15 games so the refs arent blind anymore.

Its a expensive import for what pes2010 should have been,but if your rich or just cant stomach fifa but enjoyed pes2010 despite its technical shortcoming and niggles this version is infinitly more playable.

Back
Top Bottom