PES 2010 - Become a Legend

starting as an SS with lazio, my first season (at the 2nd hardest level of difficulty) was pretty ok! my characters progression was very slow. i managed to score some goals and assists. most of the time i was "learning". :D

after 1 year i signed a contract offer from athletico madrid and switched leagues. getting better in everything and scoring even more, i collected a few player of the match awards. one thing is buggin me, i cant get to raise my freekick skills up as fast as the other skills (its still in the 60s). sometimes the coach let me kick some far away freekicks as i was playing AMF or DMF. how can i take the ones next to the penalty box.

the next month my team and me did well. in the 2nd, we won the EL and ranked 2nd in the league plus 2nd in the national cup. athletico was a good choice as they seem to be one of the top teams in my league. after 2 years of playing for athletico (agüero and forlan are fun to play with) i had to decide where i wanna be in a few years. beeing the last years assist leader, i accepted the offer from real madid to get some chances at the german national team, as real winning the CL cup the year before, it was a good way to show off my skills to jogi löw.

i'm currently in reals starting eleven and managed to get invited to the european championchip qualifiers. it is all going very well now. i'm 20... myselfs skills are raising... i'm playing for germany. a dream came true... :D

Last edited:
I retired last week (being 31 years old) stats did not grow anymore, etc..
my overall is 103. i was a left forward and these were my clubs :

Utrecht
Feyenoord
Ajax
Bordeaux
Marseille
Manchester United
Arsenal
Arsenal
Arsenal
Real madrid
Arsenal
Arsenal
Nac breda
PSV eindhoven
PSV eindhoven

starting as an SS with lazio
Hey, I have start a new become a legend and play as SS.. I wish to start in lazio from the begining and I have played the selection match over and over again, but I never got any offer from lazio after the match..

How many goals did you do in your selection match? Got any card? Game Rating?

cheers, ville32 :WORSHIP:

Last edited:
starting as an SS with lazio, my first season (at the 2nd hardest level of difficulty) was pretty ok! my characters progression was very slow. i managed to score some goals and assists. most of the time i was "learning". :D

after 1 year i signed a contract offer from athletico madrid and switched leagues. getting better in everything and scoring even more, i collected a few player of the match awards. one thing is buggin me, i cant get to raise my freekick skills up as fast as the other skills (its still in the 60s). sometimes the coach let me kick some far away freekicks as i was playing AMF or DMF. how can i take the ones next to the penalty box.

the next month my team and me did well. in the 2nd, we won the EL and ranked 2nd in the league plus 2nd in the national cup. athletico was a good choice as they seem to be one of the top teams in my league. after 2 years of playing for athletico (agüero and forlan are fun to play with) i had to decide where i wanna be in a few years. beeing the last years assist leader, i accepted the offer from real madid to get some chances at the german national team, as real winning the CL cup the year before, it was a good way to show off my skills to jogi löw.

i'm currently in reals starting eleven and managed to get invited to the european championchip qualifiers. it is all going very well now. i'm 20... myselfs skills are raising... i'm playing for germany. a dream came true... :D

please heeelp :(

Not sure about this BAL, not getting much enjoyment out of it.

Seems to take too long to get into the team, god knows when the manager bar indicates when you are availalble for 1st team selection.

And whilst I can agree that FC Lorient might be pretty pants, I hardly feel part of a game as a striker, seems your teammates go up the wing and never seem to get a decent ball in the box.

Also, can you actually imrove your ratings? Is there an option to do this? My guy is so slow and get's caught if he holds onto the ball for more than a couple of seconds.

FD

Not sure about this BAL, not getting much enjoyment out of it.

Seems to take too long to get into the team, god knows when the manager bar indicates when you are availalble for 1st team selection.

And whilst I can agree that FC Lorient might be pretty pants, I hardly feel part of a game as a striker, seems your teammates go up the wing and never seem to get a decent ball in the box.

Also, can you actually imrove your ratings? Is there an option to do this? My guy is so slow and get's caught if he holds onto the ball for more than a couple of seconds.

FD

Give it time mate, and try starting on Regular instead of Pro for your first season until you get the hang of it. Your stats go up with every match, and more so the better you perform. Also you allocate the training points in between games to focus on what you want to improve. Making decent runs and request the pass with R2, you should start to get some decent service.

I have started on Pro and find it very realistic, but then again I played 8 seasons of BAL last year so I know my way around.

Like BAL in PES 09, This year's BAL really is destroying my will to live. I'm playing on Top player. My player is an AMF, can't shoot, can't pass, can't run, he is almost worse than I am in real life. My teammates are bloody zombies. The second team can't play football at all. I have been the best player in every win in my mind but still get rated like a mangled roadkill. Manager thinks I am worthless as well. No doubt the tables will turn the moment I reach the first team and they will start playing worse then the second team. Not that they play awesome football right now, 16th place in the league. I chose Hull over Stoke because I thought it would get me sooner into the team.

I have some assists already and my manager's disapproval bar is about one third up. How much longer until I will reach the first team? I wish they could throw some spur of the moment manager decisions in there. Like "Our team is failing big time, I will put my new youngster on the pitch for a laugh."

Last edited:
I really like this mode, but what destroys it for me is that the opponents always play exactly the same. And it's not similar, it's EXACTLY the same. They pass in the exact same patterns, always do exact same type of crossing and so on.

Playing in the french league and going well, but it's starting to become boring since it feels like I'm playing the same team over and over again. Absolutely no team individuality in this game.

My first try was on Top Player but I found the CPU was cheating way too much. Professional seems to be the best level in this mode to me.

Started a Game on Regular as i aint played PES in ages. Anyway got signed up for Valliodid, just made the bench as i havent played much.

My player seems very poor to say the least, when ever i hit a shot it goes miles wide. ive had a couple which have went in but not often enough.

Hope he gets better soon, as its annoying at the moment

After reading this thread I'm really tempted to go out and buy PES10 for the BAL experience but I'll hold out for the 2011 release. When you transfer to a new club do you choose your shirt number or is it automatically selected?

You can indicate that you want a certain shirt number, but it's not guaranteed that you'll get it. Especially if some of the 'bigger guns' has it already.

You can indicate that you want a certain shirt number, but it's not guaranteed that you'll get it. Especially if some of the 'bigger guns' has it already.

Thanks. Is there any way to see squad numbers before you sign? Also, are the European and World Player of the Year awards dependent on European form or success?

Thanks again in advance.

Does anyone know how to play a whole game without being subbed?

I play as a striker, and every game I get subbed around 70th min.

Thanks. Is there any way to see squad numbers before you sign? Also, are the European and World Player of the Year awards dependent on European form or success?

Thanks again in advance.

You can see the squad numbers that are taken. You can choose to opt for your favourite shirt number, but if your not successful you get issued a number. Alternatively, check what are available and you have a better chance of getting your choice.

The European and World Player of the Year awards are based on your overall average rating first and foremost.

Does anyone know how to play a whole game without being subbed?

I play as a striker, and every game I get subbed around 70th min.

Conserve your energy and dont sprint too much during the game. Work on your stamina in training. Most people find they get subbed around this mark. Also, maybe rest your player if he has a poor condition arrow.

i begin playing at top player
westham
fulham
man city
chelsea
man utd
manutd
manutd
now age is 23 and my stats is 91
i play as cf and ss
won 3 epl and 3 uefa champions league and 1 fa cup
internationally i played for brazil won south am cup and world cup
individually won european footballer and many titles
hope be the best of the world soon :))

Last edited:
First season, English WF (left footed), still in regular and will change once the season ends. Started off with a decent performance, bagged that all important goal and had v. high agility (I think?) plus the pace/accleration was good. 1st offer was Aston Villa, took around 4 games to get on the bench, another 3 to start. Did well in that side, but in the first transfer window took the offer of Man City, who were top of the league. Didn't take long again to get into the first team, probably 5 games or so to be first choice LM, which is quite an advanced position for them and I can continually drift infield to set-up/score more than I maybe should. Just finished the season as 2nd top scorer in the league, top scorer in the FA Cup and am now at the World Cup with England, where I've scored 6 goals - 2 in each group match coming off the bench - and have a match against Uruguay next.

I threw 6 pts into Stamina and Speed, then split the rest. Aim is to get to around 90 on both, then cut them down to nothing and split them across the technical stats. Will probably spend another season at City to play in the Champs League then see what my reward is for such loyalty!!

there is no reward for ur loyality ...............not more than (our spear head )............i've played for man utd for 3 seasons won the triple and double being the top scorer for all the competitions but didn't get more than these words even being the team captain !!!!!!

the BAL is broken:
- your teammate can't be chosen in the best eleven for any league, because of the broken rating system (players in every other club/game have good rating ie 7.5 for winning, our teammates always have bad rating even though we win ie 6)
- finally i won world cup in 2022, i was the england captain, and i scored 2 goals, but i didn't lift the cup due to fatigue (i have 92 stamina, the coach always play me before the final, never rest me up), the coach sub me with a youngster and he became the england captain, look how broken the game is.

they are easy to fix, but konami never fixed that since 1930

I have a strange problem.No matter good I play the best rating I get is 8.0.Scoring 5, assing 3 - doesn't matter.This is the highest it goes.

I retired last week (being 31 years old) stats did not grow anymore, etc..
my overall is 103. i was a left forward and these were my clubs :

Utrecht
Feyenoord
Ajax
Bordeaux
Marseille
Manchester United
Arsenal
Arsenal
Arsenal
Real madrid
Arsenal
Arsenal
Nac breda
PSV eindhoven
PSV eindhoven

So you had a good run at Arsenal and Real Madrid didn't turn out...? I lost interest in BAL (PS3), as when I FINALLY got to Chelsea (2020 something), all my Favourite Players (Lampard, Drogba etc) were long retired and too young to play for a while (presuming they would get picked up again at Chelsea too...).

Cannot remember if you can turn transfers and player aging off in BAL though. It would not be realistic if players other than yourself did not age or move on. Could be a good option, even if hardly anyone would use it.

By the way, I'm playing Become a Legend on Pro Evo 2010 PSP on the bus to work - it's pretty good actually, and in some ways better than the PS3 version.

I am seriously considering picking up PES 2011 but have a couple of questions. I haven't played Konami Soccer since Winning Eleven on the Super Nintendo way back when. Anyways I just picked up FIFA World Cup and like the CYC mode. I just can't pick up the hang of the other modes fingers just don't work like they used to getting old. :P Anyway I am playing on Tele camera and am wondering if there are multiple camera options for PES.

BAL is becoming fun now that my players abilities are going up. Hull, my team, ended in 8th place in the league after a strong showing in the last games. I got a couple of goals, most memorable being when I got thrown on to the pitch as an SS with 20 minutes to go against Man. City, 1-0 down. I got a late equilizer when I stole the ball from a defender at the edge of the box and hammered it in.

Now I'm getting some bids from other teams but all of them ended up lower then Hull and I have no intention of going through that training match boredom for some crap team. Hull still wants me but their offers keep going up and down in value, not that salary matters. Or does it?

I started at sunderland had a season and a half there, moved to liverpool and the same... then had 2 seasons at RMadrid before I finally got my dream move to Man United.

Will post stats and everything else in a bit :)

there is no reward for ur loyality ...............not more than (our spear head )............i've played for man utd for 3 seasons won the triple and double being the top scorer for all the competitions but didn't get more than these words even being the team captain !!!!!!

I'm in the same situation as you are, but then I remember, team captains arent always the best player in the team, but those who can lift a team with their actions and words, chelsea for instance you have drogba and lampard and still terry is the captain.

Btw NEVER go to the Juve, geez amaury and trezeguet are the most selfish players in the pitch, no matter how better positioned i am they just keep shooting towards goal even if theres no chanze for the to score.

My player is 20 years old, Ovrll Avg 83, won 2 world cups and 1 eurocup with germany. These ave been my clubs:

Portsmouth FC(8th place Premier League)
Tottenham Hotspurs(3rd place Premier League)
Tottenham Hotspurs(2nd FA Cup runner-up/1st place Premier League{left before the season was over}/EL final eight)
Chelsea(Champions League Champion/FA cup runner-up/Premier League Champion)
Chelsea(Champions League Champion/FA cup Final Eight/Premier League Champion)
Juventus(in progress)

150 Total Matches played, 46 total goals, 51 total assists, 7.21 Total avg Grade, 56 MVP awards, 3 MIP awards

Difficulty is Top Player.

Ace

Back
Top Bottom