FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

That's brilliant - but again, only if he actually was on a few teams' shortlists!

To be honest he was my best player pulling all the strings. But then he got injured. At the same time I notched it up to Superstar and that was that the game was stuffed. He came back from injury with lead in his boots and as if he's been stuffing his face with rice and pasta all day.

Any news on Custom Tactics this year in FIFA? I know I've asked before but I just really hope we can edit them and they show up in CM.

Good call, that's annoyed me for years, the commentary referring to things that aren't actually in the game.

They've done a good job of adding more relevant information over the last few years, though - in PES you get discussions about your opposition's manager being berated in the press over poor decision-making, but it doesn't match up to any news stories you can access within the game, it's entirely made-up on the spot. I hate that.

Ooooh, interesting! It might actually be worth playing Be A Pro this year!

Is that in Be A Pro or in the story mode where you have to be Alex Hunter?

Normal BAP mate

Do find the results realistic when the CPU are playing each other in career/ Be a pro mode? I think that in the past versions, the scoreline has been somewhat low compared to irl. It's really rare to see the top scorer manage to score than 20 goals in FIFA 16 (unless it's someone from your team).

Ive only played 2 games mate so I wont know the answer for a bit.

Thats sounds good, could you give any information about Fenerbahçe ? :)

Sure :))

Let me give you ratings:

Volkan : 80
Van der wiel:78
Skrtel: 82
Kjaer : 82
H.Ali : 74
Topal:79
Ozan :76
Salih: 74 ( Too low for him)
Emenike: 76
Stoch :76
RVP:81

Team feels same as last year , defence is really strong this year but middfield is very weak offensive wise. Hope we could get Ziyech this year :))

Been playing career mode on legendary today in regards to teams playing the same its a no they dont but theres a reason for that its because the CPU AI is more human instead of set patterns like before it kind of makes choices on the fly say a wingers free out wide it will long ball it or theres nothing on it will hold it up and wait if you sit back it will move the ball to find a gap

This is all good BUT (and this is my opinion ) It feels a bit flat the CPU doesnt seem to have much urgency at times think FIFA 16 break neck frantic premier league game FIFA 17 a hot day in serie A where both teams have nothing left to play for is maybe the best analogy i can think of

The shield ball feature or revamp if you wanna call it that is a horrible addition it stops the flow of the game the CPU use it way too much it makes the game really stop/start at times which is a shame because the games so free and easy to control you kinda want it to be a bit more intense

Some bad points are gks can be dodgy especially on low shot not pes 2016 levels of dodgy but it needs tightening up.As for the actual low shots and new low shot its too overpowered the speed of the shot looks a bit silly its too fast in general some satisfaction has been taken out of scoring i played seasons online and sadly had to use the best teams to get a match anyway the games were all high scoring 3-3 5-2 4-2 i think the game gives attackers all the advantages just like those YouTube kiddies wanted after 16

Career transfers teams are more active but its still a bit silly neymar went to utd coutinho to arsenal robben to real in the first window although neymar cost 93 million sterling which was fairly realistic after pogbas move.I didnt fiddle with menus much but i believe they have fixed the edit player bug fully all the players i edited kept their winter wear

This is easily the best looking football game ever made in day matches night is ok not terrible

I don't think so. They are included second/third/fourth divisions I think

Right that makes sense, so English leagues are classed as one despite being four etc etc.

Career transfers teams are more active but its still a bit silly neymar went to utd coutinho to arsenal robben to real in the first window although neymar cost 93 million sterling which was fairly realistic after pogbas move.

TBH I don't really care about big transfers in the game, the two biggest annoyances for me are:

1. Players >69 are never released on a free transfer and almost never transfer listed (you occasionally get one but considering how many players in the game it's nowhere near a realistic number).

2. The two clubs signing the same player whose contract is about to run out bug, ie you start negotiations for a bosman, an AI team starts negotiations for a purchase, somewhere along the line he can agree to both transfers so you get told you're signing the player at the end of his contract, you pay his wages but he never arrives as he's moved to the other team, that's been around for at least 3 or 4 Fifas and EA made no effort to fix it (would love to now if that's ever raised in the beta/data editing forum and the like).

What makes it any different from last year, other than the "brand" stuff (which I couldn't give a monkeys about)? Does the AI genuinely change how it plays depending on the team?
I'm playing it on world class and have had one game, i am finding it hard to win games and considering i've played Fifa every year on a regular basis i consider myself good enough to get by but will have to consider going down to pro level to get used to it. Most of it is the same but with the new graphics and better atmosphere it seems far better imo. But guys like you who know the mode may think meh.

Are you a PES man this year?

I usually get both. I like my football games to be like football. And with a little help from sliders Fifa can do that well. If only they would get different teams playing differently. It's so annoying!

Results in CM for me since bumping back up to Premier League with Liverpool have been really hard fought. Playing on WC and vanilla I got a 1-0 win away at Arsenal to start the season, then a 1-1 draw at Burnley followed by a 2-1 loss at Spurs. The loss at Spurs was among the more realistic-feeling games of FIFA I've played in a really long time. Kane is very, very good in this game, and the way they've implemented physicality in top-level forward has impressed me. Kane scored both for Spurs, first by nudging Lovren with his hip to let a pass run into space before slotting past Karius, and his second was one of the new low driven shots that beat Karius with pace at the far post. Really impressive goals and a match that felt fair throughout. Followed it up with a 2-0 win at home to Leicester with goals from Sturridge and Clyne.

Really encouraged by what I've seen in the gameplay during CM, and would echo that the atmosphere and presentation combined with better balance of play adds to the CM experience. As for the actual mode, not particularly impressed with any of the changes. They seem entirely cosmetic and don't really add to the "experience" of doing a CM. Maybe it's my lowered expectations, but I'll still be very happy to spend the year on CM if the gameplay holds and with the inevitable additions that will come post-beta in terms of presentation.

Results in CM for me since bumping back up to Premier League with Liverpool have been really hard fought. Playing on WC and vanilla I got a 1-0 win away at Arsenal to start the season, then a 1-1 draw at Burnley followed by a 2-1 loss at Spurs. The loss at Spurs was among the more realistic-feeling games of FIFA I've played in a really long time. Kane is very, very good in this game, and the way they've implemented physicality in top-level forward has impressed me. Kane scored both for Spurs, first by nudging Lovren with his hip to let a pass run into space before slotting past Karius, and his second was one of the new low driven shots that beat Karius with pace at the far post. Really impressive goals and a match that felt fair throughout. Followed it up with a 2-0 win at home to Leicester with goals from Sturridge and Clyne.

Really encouraged by what I've seen in the gameplay during CM, and would echo that the atmosphere and presentation combined with better balance of play adds to the CM experience. As for the actual mode, not particularly impressed with any of the changes. They seem entirely cosmetic and don't really add to the "experience" of doing a CM. Maybe it's my lowered expectations, but I'll still be very happy to spend the year on CM if the gameplay holds and with the inevitable additions that will come post-beta in terms of presentation.

That sounds promising to me.
I´ve been enjoying the last two CM´s as well.

The beards in this game will make a hipster cream in his skinnies

What??
:LMAO:

I asked this question to another guy who played the beta but he hadn't played enough to notice.
But do you find the results realistic when the CPU are playing each other in career/ Be a pro mode? I think that in the past versions, the scoreline has been somewhat low compared to irl. It's really rare to see the top scorer manage to score more than 20 goals in FIFA 16 (unless it's someone from your team).

I beat Leicester 2-1 in community shield with Man Utd and then got hammered 6-3 by Bournemouth i made loads of changes thinking it's only Bournemouth. Player switching a huge problem for me.

Guys wait till you see some of the goal mouth scrambles and multiple saves from the keepers it's nothing short of amazing. You can build your play from good passing not at all ping pong and dominate teams through it. There are some good tackles animations too. Martial plays like the real thing.

Given that they've moved to Frostbite engine, you'd expect 21:9 to be supported given that other games using Frostbite have Ultrawide support.

Glad to know. Its too bad Fifa 16 didn't have it. Fifa 16 was a good game after so many years. It wasn't perfect- but it was better than what we had before.

I looked at sporting and i can see 3 faces in the starting 11 the goalkeeper then coates and mf who sorry i didnt catch the name of but yea just 3 not sure about the subs generic faces seem better this year

Looks truly awful IMO.

The guy is a terrible actor for a start. That interview session at the end - the actress doing the voice-over sounds like she's bored off her tits, and then his responses are delivered in such an over-the-top manner (yet his facial movement is so still) that it just looks, and sounds... Really, really weird.

I wish they had spent the commentary recording time etc. just on recording more commentary for the standard game.

Back
Top Bottom