Aliens: Colonial Marines and Alien vs Predator

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC, PS3, 360)

SEGA's announced that an Aliens vs. Predator demo will be available tomorrow on PlayStation Network, Steam and Xbox Live Marketplace.

This sampler shows the online multiplayer side of the game and allows all three species - human, alien, predator - to be played, but only on the Refinery map and in Deathmatch mode.

The full game's out on 19th February here in Europe.

I enjoyed it too - I was the Alien on my first play and just spent the game hiding on the ceilings dropping down and grabbing people from behind. A really cool moment was when I was hiding on the ceiling waiting for a marine to come under me so I could drop down... but then suddenly a Predator appeared under me and blasted the marine away - so I dropped down and grabbed him and killed him.

I have tried all 3 now

The Predator is brilliant with its 3 different viewing modes to spot the Marines and Aliens and some of the kills against me with different weapons and what not have been very good

I didn't read what the buttons did though for the attack stuff so i got hammered :LOL:

Can you change who you are? When I played it auto selected me as an Alien and I couldn't work out how to swap before the game quickly started.

Last edited:

You can change when your cursor is on the character image but I think the numbers of each type of characters are limited (if 2 players already chose to be predators, you can only select to be Marine or Alien for example).

Can you change who you are? When I played it auto selected me as an Alien and I couldn't work out how to swap before the game quickly started.

Yeah you can change as tuta said but i forgot how to do it. I know the middle option changes what they look like but they are all locked anyway

It took me about 4 games to get in as the Predator because it only allows 2 of them and they are taken very very quickly

You have alot more range with your weapons to kill people and you have a radar

Completed this recently. Sorry to say folks but it's a very short game - I'd strongly recommend renting this rather than buying it. I completed all three single player campaigns on normal in about 5-6 hours. Some will be pleased with the difficulty though as it is quite challenging on normal. I imagine the higher difficulties are nails and finding all the collectables will add some replay value to it (even though within those 5-6hrs I did find all the Predator and Alien collectables and only missed a few Marine ones).

Here's my order of the best campaigns (spoilered for those who want to find out for themselves).

Story
Marines
Aliens
Predator

The most fun
Predator
Aliens/Marines

Mission length
Marines
Predator
Aliens

Difficulty
Marines
Predator (particularly towards the end)
Aliens

To me this game feels like an extended demo, which is pretty poor to say you've invested £40. The Marine campaign feels like a primer for the Aliens: Colonial Marines game and the others just seem to be tagged on. You hardly get chance to use all of the weaponry/alien attacks with either.

My rating - 5/10

Got this today - not played it yet but played the demo loads and loved it. I personally am not going to play the single player campaign which sounds like it is just as well, as all the low reviews say the single player is rubbish but the multiplayer is awesome.

I'm enjoying it.

I thought the marine story was alright and had an interesting story to follow. It lacked big scares but there was a constant feel of being alone with aliens all around and even the predator at some points. Bumping into the predator for the first time is an awesome scene but they really should have made more of it. But if you went back and played it a second time you'd know where you'll be attacked and where the bleeps are just to make you nervous.

The predator game kinda reminds me of the stealth/kill set piece levels in batman. The way you'll be in a big room and have a load of people dotted around and can take your time taking them all out 1 by 1.

I'm about 2 or 3 levels into the Alien story and controls aside it's alright. It's not a good as the predator missions because you can't yank people into vents to kill them (at least not yet) so you have to stalk everyone and grab them rom behind or attack them to kill them. Slightly annoying having to clear a room by melee attacking them all and then run away and repeat.

-

I can't wait for the Colonial Marines game, especially the co-op mode which they are supposed to be having in it. Not sure about this one.

FD

According to Gamestation, Colonial Marines is out in November (think it's the 19th).

Hope so as I've been dying for this game to come out.

FD

Why is the game taking until the latter part of this year?! It's looked to be in a near finished state for the past year or so.

Cool trailer though.

One of my housemates bought Aliens: Colonial Marines, it doesn't look that great but the multiplayer seems quite fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom