Aliens: Colonial Marines and Alien vs Predator

NickSCFC

Banned
18 July 2003
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Stoke City/Liverpool
First-Person Shooter Based on Popular Motion Picture Franchise Coming to Xbox 360®, PLAYSTATION®3, and PC in Late 2008

SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON (February 21, 2008) – SEGA® of America Inc. and SEGA® Europe Ltd. today revealed details of the highly-anticipated squad-based first-person shooter video game, Aliens: Colonial Marines™. Licensed through an exclusive agreement with Twentieth Century Fox Licensing and Merchandising and developed by Gearbox Software, the game will be available on Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Windows-based PC in late 2008.

In Aliens: Colonial Marines, players are part of a United States Colonial Marine squad and must prepare to face an Aliens assault more intense and horrific than ever before. Driven by a compelling and original story penned by renowned writers Bradley Thompson and David Weddle, Aliens: Colonial Marines will retain the atmospheric look and feel of the original films while leveraging next-generation technology to create an entirely new interactive Aliens experience.

Packing classic Aliens weaponry ranging from pulse rifles to flamethrowers as well as brand-new equipment and skills all within a squad-based combat system, players will become an elite United States Colonial Marine. Featuring claustrophobic environments, a brooding soundtrack, and a multitude of surprises and shocks, players will battle against menacing alien hordes in strikingly detailed levels that include the stark interiors of the abandoned Sulaco and unique environments created specifically for the game.

Aliens: Colonial Marines will feature a story driven single-player mode and an all-new four player co-op mode allowing players to share the chilling experience with three friends. In co-op mode, each player will assume the persona of a United States Colonial Marine and have a distinct role to play in the completion of every mission. Additionally, more multiplayer modes will be revealed later in the year that will complete the Aliens video game experience.

Since its 1979 debut, Alien and its three sequels have grossed more than $557 million worldwide, garnering numerous awards, including two Academy Awards®. In 2002, Alien was deemed “culturally significant” by the United States Library of Congress and was selected for preservation in the National Film Registry.

Last edited:
Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines

I'm sorry but THAT is a vagina:

img2.jpg

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines

You just put me right off Laura if thats what she's got between her legs.

YUCK Jay!

C'mon guys, it so is a fanny.

Anyway, Laura's is far better looking than that - hers is usually wetter than an otter's pocket.

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC, PS3, 360)

"According to a Kotaku article, Sega said that their new Aliens vs. Predator game to be released in early 2010 would be the first of their Aliens games to be released, meaning that Aliens: Colonial Marines will be sometime afterwards.[14]

A Shacknews article dated 11/21/08 reports that the Aliens: Colonial Marines game has been delayed, supposedly because of layoffs at Gearbox Software. Gearbox president Randy Pitchford has insisted that development on the game continues.[15]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens:_Colonial_Marines#Development

I didn't think the AI looked that bad. You're a super fast alien hiding in the shadows high above them and everyone is spaced far apart, every kill is from behind or they are knocked down and then killed. It looked like a training mission.

I played the first AvP game on the pc and it was stupidly hard to see the aliens and their speed made it again... stupidly hard to shoot and kill. Playing as the aliens though was suicide because the AI were ruthless and a few shots and you were dead.

Besides, in the first AVP title in pc I found it weird to control the aliens, and when I say weird I mean hard, a little dizzy and not that much fun. They were too fast in my oppinion, and made it a little messy to play.

Yeah I always found myself running past whoever I was aiming at and then up the wall and onto the ceiling. Then I'd turn around and run at them again and find that im on the wall and then on the floor and as the camera twists and turn around it was impossible to keep your sights on the enemy.

It was like being inside of a hamsters ball.

i'll probably end up getting this game but might wait and see if it drops in price like border lands. the avp2 game on the pc almost a decade ago was superb.

The original on the Atari Jaguar (the only reason to own that console lol!) was incredible. So atmospheric and extremely scary.

No they are not. 2 different games.

This thread should be divided...

Is Colonial Marines even still in development? Or should this thread just be changed to AvP?

Back
Top Bottom