Spin Tires (PC)

Jamezinho

Golden Boot Winner
10 June 2003
Ipswich, England
Ipswich Town F.C.
Released last Friday: anyone pick this up? It's a sandbox off-road driving game for the PC.

spintires.com

I've been playing it for the last few days and finding it to be quite addictive. It's a lot of fun trying to work your way across the landscapes to your objectives and then getting stuck! You have a number of vehicles at your disposal so you can jump in something else and try and rescue stuck vehicles or carry on with the objectives. I'm useless at this so invariably end up with all my vehicles stuck somewhere, but it's entertaining nonetheless.

Definitely recommend this.

http://youtu.be/c_OjBylleA8

Perhaps check it out when it appears in a Steam sale or if one of the key sellers has a good price on it?

It really is a good laugh. It's got multiplayer too (4 players) so that's got the potential for mega lolz. Also there will be mod support in the future and I guess official add-on content too so plenty of scope for new vehicles, maps and graphical enhancements.

My only criticism is it can be a bit clunky. It works with a 360 pad out-of-the-box but it's a constant battle with the cameras to see where you are going. There aren't any fixed on-board cameras like cockpit or bonnet views, although the devs have said they are looking into adding them.

Yeah, I actually watched more or less the whole video you linked and I definetly gonna try this one out. I have loved the strangest niché games in the past.

Back
Top Bottom