PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

so no news on any gameplay patch?

Not going to happen, theres not much they can do to the shooting, fouls etc.. nothing.

Development of the movement to be more free with players taking less touches in possession and less flat footed is the only way forward.

PES productions needs to now completely forget about the PS2 days and it's gameplay and truly evolve the game forward.

Check this out, it's a 1vs11 match organized by KONAMI: http://youtu.be/dSr6Xy_o5bk?t=1h11m41s

Now that was interesting. Anybody here understand enough Japanese to tell us why the suits are smiling so wide when the 11 are beating the 1 to pulp? I thought that wouldn't be a very good thing for Konami.

They could learn a lot from these events if they wanted to. Just compare the defensive game of the 11 to that of the AI, for example.

The world champ tries to play a bit too straightforward for my taste. Don't know if he lost his title in the 1 vs. 1 match. A brilliant goal by the Japanese opponent in that 2nd match!

Last edited:
I've come back to this game after playing FIFA since release, and have to say, it's such a refreshing change of pace. I got burnt out and frustrated with FIFA, especially with the online component, that game doesn't reward you for playing football but rather for sprinting, rushing and showboating. And the offline just harbours underwhelming A.I.

The A.I of which on PES is mighty impressive, they pass realistically, build from the back and don't dribble into your keepers when they're through on goal. I think the graphics and faces are a much better standard to, my gosh the player models and kits are far more pleasing on the eye than they are in FIFA.

I've come back to this game after playing FIFA since release, and have to say, it's such a refreshing change of pace. I got burnt out and frustrated with FIFA, especially with the online component, that game doesn't reward you for playing football but rather for sprinting, rushing and showboating. And the offline just harbours underwhelming A.I.

The A.I of which on PES is mighty impressive, they pass realistically, build from the back and don't dribble into your keepers when they're through on goal. I think the graphics and faces are a much better standard to, my gosh the player models and kits are far more pleasing on the eye than they are in FIFA.

Yea, just a much better game of football, really.

I have gone the opposite way and the sacrifice for playing PES is the lack of variation - and the higher AI level you go the less it gets as the passes are perfect, goals all very similar. The pace is nice though. I dont get the graphics choice though FIFA looks far more polished to me especially things like kit textures, crowds etc

I have gone the opposite way and the sacrifice for playing PES is the lack of variation - and the higher AI level you go the less it gets as the passes are perfect, goals all very similar. The pace is nice though. I dont get the graphics choice though FIFA looks far more polished to me especially things like kit textures, crowds etc
FIFA's kits are even worse than KONAMI's kits.

Tomorrow there will be a wenb.es interview with Hosoda, talking about Pes 2015 and Pes 2016.

This makes me think this year the game will be announced and released earlier compared to Pes 2015.

Tomorrow there will be a wenb.es interview with Hosoda, talking about Pes 2015 and Pes 2016.

This makes me think this year the game will be announced and released earlier compared to Pes 2015.

Great, and hopefully to be released in September. :)

Some brilliant mind wrote on the winning eleven forum that PES is 50% football, but Fifa is only 25%. Having played both games a lot I think that is a most insightful summary.

Btw, I am watching a recording of the Arsenal-Monaco match right now. Please give me a game in which it's possible to replicate such a match. So many missed shots; one team defending and then striking back deadly.

Textures and their details are better, but models in PES are superior. Which is better seeing as you are not looking up close for most of the game. Granted, when it does, it's jarring in PES (I play on PC, so it's an even bigger gap).

I am on the same boat as the guy you responded to. I had gotten tired of the FIFA AI on CM, and just started playing friendlies in PES and it just hit me. Wonderful game, the pace is so nice. Individuality isn't at PES 2013 levels, but it's very present.

It really sucks that Konami shoot themselves in the foot with the 'bells and whistles'. I don't understand why they don't just have 30 generic stadiums besides what they have (And I rather have 30 generic stadiums then 10 licensed ones.). Tired of playing in the same places. Also, commentary and celebrations can take you out of it. Having someone celebrate furiously when they are 3 goals down in 88th minute is annoying.

I don't understand why they don't just have 30 generic stadiums besides what they have (And I rather have 30 generic stadiums then 10 licensed ones.). Tired of playing in the same places.

I can only play in 2 stadiums (Old Trafford & Warsaw). These are the only 2 which look half decent in game. The pitch textures in the other stadiums look like a PS2 game and my eyes just can't handle them.

Well last night I played multi player for the first time on line ..I thought it was an amazing experience had a 0-0 then lost 4-1 in a game against Madrid ..the guy was whipping corners in and I've no idea how he was doing it , I couldn't handle it :) up for a game if anyone wants to add me stua1977 psn

Nice !

I can only play in 2 stadiums (Old Trafford & Warsaw). These are the only 2 which look half decent in game. The pitch textures in the other stadiums look like a PS2 game and my eyes just can't handle them.
Just like me ! :D

Not going to happen, theres not much they can do to the shooting, fouls etc.. nothing.

Development of the movement to be more free with players taking less touches in possession and less flat footed is the only way forward.

PES productions needs to now completely forget about the PS2 days and it's gameplay and truly evolve the game forward.

too bad, since tweaking stats to make keepers and shooting balanced, not just takes ages but still doesnt feel right. its either the keepers are dont even attempt to catch controlled shots by defeault or with tweaked stats they catch everything from outside the box.

too bad, since tweaking stats to make keepers and shooting balanced, not just takes ages but still doesnt feel right. its either the keepers are dont even attempt to catch controlled shots by defeault or with tweaked stats they catch everything from outside the box.

Shooting and keepers are good, i like them, the issue is the general movement.

The issue was never and has never been shooting is overpowered or keepers not being able to get to shots, the issues comes before that the constant 'same' goals where you player will always find space 16/25 yards out at 45 degrees to smash the ball in, or in close range to pass the ball in the net, this is because of the movement is too rigid, flat footed and grind like.

Its not that shooting is too accurate at all, it's how he's getting into that space and why he's able to have the same consistent balance to shot well from there nearly all the time!

As you see in my videos, the games are good, varied and exciting, sometime not but realistic in the teams buildup but the goals, they are always that same unstoppable 45 degree drive from the edge of the box!

If they nerfed the shooting like you said or made keepers with superhuman lighting like reactions you would get literally every game finishing 0-0 because the way the game has been made, its rather basic and there isn't the variety in goals like in years before.

PES 2013 was the opposite to this, had a practically unlimited variety of goals because the movement was so much better better, players took appropriate touches when on the ball not too many, proper cryuff turns, proper dribbling mechanic and presented a large amount of variables in body position and momentum from the players balance when shooting!

What doesn't feel right is when a player takes the ball from the wing, cuts inside a defender then scores at the far post, but takes 10-12 touches to do this, when he really only need 4 or 5 touches to do this.

http://wenbitalia.it/blog/presente-futuro-del-pes-franchise-intervista-manorito-hosoda/

it confirms that there will be no and there was no gameplay changes at all to 2015
but you can all be happy, youll get new satidums

:COAT:

Good, hopefully I'm right in knowing they cant really do much to the game in it's current state and put all efforts into evolving the movement back to 2013 levels for 2016.

Last edited:
For PES 2016, as an offline player my surprising first request would be to tone down home-team advantage. Teams that away hit the goal maybe once in 10 shots at home hit it 10/10. Makes playing leagues kinda weird at times.

(Ok, other items in list: tone down passing accuracy, shooting accuracy and first touch, and make defense much more compact.)

It's the shadows that fuck it up for me - if I could play every game at night, it's be fine, but in the day? Argh! Especially Estadio del fuerta shadowi or whatever it's called.

it confirms that there will be no and there was no gameplay changes at all to 2015

No gameplay changes would mean that when 1.03 came out I learned - overnight - to defend against superstar through balls so that their rate dropped from 10 per match to 1 per match. And - to increase the weirdness factor - this happens without me controlling a defender.

Twilight zone...

Edit. From the point of view of maintaining a scientific view of the world, I was happy to note that the article does not rule out earlier gameplay changes. They say that they are not working on new patches at the moment. Here is a link to the English version:

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/exclusive-wenb-interview-pes-producer-manorito-hosoda/

Last edited:
No gameplay changes would mean that when 1.03 came out I learned - overnight - to defend against superstar through balls so that their rate dropped from 10 per match to 1 per match. And - to increase the weirdness factor - this happens without me controlling a defender.

Twilight zone...

Edit. From the point of view of maintaining a scientific view of the world, I was happy to note that the article does not rule out earlier gameplay changes. They say that they are not working on new patches at the moment. Here is a link to the English version:

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/exclusive-wenb-interview-pes-producer-manorito-hosoda/

This interview has basically not information at all.

Not planned, will be considered, we will see, ver important, bla bla..

Fuck no gameplay changes.
I admit the game is the best since pes6, but come on..

There are so blant wrong things it's scary, that they do not see:
Cpu passing accurany
Not enough crosses, fouls
Keeper reactions on one-on-ones and inside the box.. etc..

Not to mentio zero evolution in armosphere, presentation, etc..

I hope some big players will buy this pes team and introduce some changes, causw there is potential.

Why not Sony, a console exclusive football game couls be a real system seller world wide..

Back
Top Bottom