PES 2015 Discussion thread. PC

Re: PES 2015 Discussion thread. PC, PS2, PSP, Wii, DS

Really not impressed with new Portugal Spain vid that was just released over at IGN

• Staff

It does look frenetic and not very tactical.
Wish we knew what settings it was played on.

It does look frenetic and not very tactical.
Wish we knew what settings it was played on.

My impressions too. Difficult to judge this game from videos, it can look so different which I guess is a good thing. How much of what we are seeing is relevant to the PC version is a different matter.

IGN video showed some PES 2014 ghosts. I also would like to know if real coaches are indeed going to be a thing.

• Staff

My impressions too. Difficult to judge this game from videos, it can look so different which I guess is a good thing. How much of what we are seeing is relevant to the PC version is a different matter.

True, the 2 guys with the gamepads in their hands also make a difference.

Visually the game doesn't look next-gen so what exactly Konami have been doing I don't know.

What happened to the last thread? I don't want to get conspiracy, but that's mighty sketchy. :p

I still feel the graphics are subpar why cant they have proper 3d cloth physics 2k has them on the ps3. If this is nextgen i do not want to imagine what our version would be like.
I am also not impressed with the keepers, their animation set seems quite limited and i like the casillas cutscene. I think we are gonna get pes 2013-esque keepers.Keeper Animation coverage is very poor

PC thread should be only for PC.

its a "Hybrid"

there should be separate thread for others like ps3/xb360,PS2, PSP, Wii, DS

Last edited:

Visually the game doesn't look next-gen so what exactly Konami have been doing I don't know.

may be all versions next/current gen will be same....
actually nothing looks like "OMG!! its Next Gen"

Overall, from the videos, I kinda liked it. Goalkeepers are most glaring issue indeed. Game seem to flow just fine, be responsive and all that jazz, but we'll probably have to wait for demo first to see on our own.

Graphics-wise, I really couldn't care less. I like PES 2014 graphics a lot, just fix damn gameplay, expand Master League (so I don't have to stick to PES 6 for great ML experience) and I'm sold.

I remain cautiously positive, I managed to play PES 6 for so many years with HD graphics (the ones that can be made HD like kits) that current-gen graphics don't bother me at all. What's scary is that gameplay might be hurt - that's the only concern for me really.

A solid PES will always be better than FIFA for me (personally, I don't wanna start FIFA v PES conversation again).

Will we even get the demo? Not asking about specific date, but overall, I'm kinda lost after all that mess.

From the other thread:
All boils down to sales,why waste money and resources on a tiny return.
So why spending more time to port this older and more difficult version (+ more time optimizing it and adding better graphics, as Adam said, if he's still to be believed) instead of porting the PS4 one that, everyone around here says, would be easier?

only a low number of PC gamers own a high end rig and that most are playing in mid settings at sub 1080p resolutions.
Nearly every 2009 medium-high end PC (like mine) can play a PS3/360 game at full detail in fullHD.
As for next-gen games, well, a 200$ update (new graphic card) would mean I'll be OK until at least 2017/2018 (which will be the time to change PC anyway) so what's the point in buying a console?
People buying low-spec entry level PCs don't buy them to play (and if they do, they should not complain of having to turn down settings and res), don't be fooled by that.

Console gamings never been so cheap,and games work out of the box.
Still a FIFA 15 copy for PC goes for 45 euros while a XB1 copy goes for 65. Same exact game.
Isn't it that Konami are holding back the PC PES progress in prder to have more people buy a console? I won't fall for that.

for the first few years it's marginal and in most cases as highlighted earlier,most pcs users have weaker hardware compared to the newer consoles.
When next-gen consoles are launched they are already on par with high-end PCs.
After a year from the launch they are on par with medium-tier ones so I won't talk about "first years".
On the top of that, one already having a medium-high end PC like mine would only have to update a couple of parts (graphic card, maybe adding some RAM if my 6GB are not enough but I really don't believe it'll be the case) and never exceed 300$ of expense.
And, depending on how much he plays, this sum will be given back by games that, on PC, just cost less.

So no, I don't see the convenience in switching to console. I'm sorry.

By the way, what happened to the old thread? Is it gone for good or is there a chance to bave it back?

I'm lucky enough to have a Nvidia GTX 780, which itself was more than the cost of a NG console, but if you're savvy the cost of keeping a high-end rig doesn't have to be expensive. Sell your old parts to part fund new ones.

The initial outlay for buying a good gaming PC is high but I would say I spend way less on my gaming hobby overall than when I had consoles. Very rarely spend more than £30 on a game, usually much less.

Besides, I'm confident the consoles won't be able reach the capability of a 780. I've had it for a year and will keep it another two.

@*Ale ...

Guess what, this was the exact debates and arguments point for point last year on EA forums ref: PC CG vs no PC NG, Konami have literally repeated it word for word this year (even the tech excuses, they are like a copy paste from EA replies last year).

For a company wanting to be king and to compete (to a point) they have dropped a large bollock on the PC platform arena for damn sure, now they are the EA of last year this year and make EA look good this year on PC (in terms of delivering the same level as the NG consoles).

Almost madness, ... or is it?

BTW for the sake of the thread can anyone link the IGN video? I will google it anyway but just for the new thread.

EDIT:

IGN VID:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyEX2DJe7E4

Well to me the overall speed on this one looks less han some of the gamescon ones so are they tweaking gamespeed you think?

I have to say though, as regards NG this doesn't look anywhere near a jump from 2014, so how Konami can spit out the PC cant handle it rhetoric is beyond funny. Hell EA and 2Ksports are proving them wrong as they spit this rubbish out, do they have amnesia or short memories?

Last edited:

@*Ale ...

Guess what, this was the exact debates and arguments point for point last year on EA forums ref: PC CG vs no PC NG, Konami have literally repeated it word for word this year (even the tech excuses, they are like a copy paste from EA replies last year).

For a company wanting to be king and to compete (to a point) they have dropped a large bollock on the PC platform arena for damn sure, now they are the EA of last year this year and make EA look good this year on PC (in terms of delivering the same level as the NG consoles).

Almost madness, ... or is it?

BTW for the sake of the thread can anyone link the IGN video? I will google it anyway but just for the new thread.

It does feel eerily similar doesn't it. It's just weird that companies provide a horrible service and then say they can't support it because of business reasons. Well, no s***, you treat the customers like garbage.

Its exactly the same, the same end result for PC platform and the same technical rhetoric as EA last year which was the whole "would need a super PC rig to even run it" type of nonsense. In the face of both 2ksports & EA releasing NG on PC when Konami ummm, dont and they were the bad guys last year for the exact same thing! :)

Adam Bhatti is pretty much doing a copy & paste from last years EA official responses on twitter almost.

Last edited:

pes-2015-Mascherano.jpg

PES-2015-faces.jpg

pes-2015-Benzema.jpg

z3XfNQr.png

To me that suggests there isn't much difference between PS3 and PS4 and the whole next gen thing is a con.

thats kinda a good thing.
for pc game version i mean.

Last edited:

thats kinda a good thing.
for pc game version i mean.

:CONFUSE: why ?? the faces look awful ! PES 2014 for PC looks way better . Here, we can see the poor texture quality . Faces are far from FOX quality, they looks for me more like PES 2010-2013ish .
The only good thing is.. that they are for old gen consoles.. that mean there is hope for next gen consoles to look more like.. next gen.. . but i'm sure that Adam lie and this are PS4 faces.

The textures are all blurred out :SICK:

Mascherano needs to look for a doctor as soon as possible, the dude might have liver failure by that saturation.

What happened to the last thread? I don't want to get conspiracy, but that's mighty sketchy. :p

Sorry Mate, I deleted 180 posts from a now banned serial spammer and it took out the whole thread.
( The thread started with 300 posts in moved over from other platform by Lami,so net result is we lost 120 posts).
Probably all knocking Konami & Bhatti so we are not really missing that much !

:SAL:

Sorry Mate, I deleted 180 posts from a now banned serial spammer and it took out the whole thread.

Moderation at its finest... The goal justifies the means?

What's a Fox quality face?

Dunno, but PES2014 has a lot of really poor faces, and I'm not talking about the "fake" faces. Look at Konami's attempt at Lamela, for example.

-------

I also wonder what PS2, PSP, wii and DS has in common with the PC version. Are they "hybrids" too? Will they even have a single bug in common?

Last edited:
Re: PES 2015 Discussion thread. PC,

Why thank You for Your customary trolling smart response.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom