WEplayWE - Where the LEGEND of WE9LE Lives On...

I've tried and and I can safely say I've enjoyed it a lot.

Looking forward to playing more.

Is online any good? I'm in Australia so I'm wondering if it'll lag often.

I'm happy to hear that mate.

Is online any good?
Depends against who you play :P

I'm in Australia so I'm wondering if it'll lag often.
That might be a problem... as most of us are from Europe.

However there are a few guys near your area, and also hopefully more will join in the future. You can try to contact no_bread

http://weplaywe.pl/viewtopic.php?t=41

He's from New Zealand, and he's also looking for people near him to play against. Also, with guys from US or South America it shouldn't be that bad, depending on your connection, and your opponents.

I can play with you one match to see how it goes if you'd like. But only in the evening, like 23-24 CET.

cheers

I'll be ready for some online soon, just set up my PC and formatted it, just about to put WE on a USB stick to install on it :).

I will have to try not using the kitserver stadia next time - I used Old Trafford and Camp Nou, but I think Stamford Bridge caused the crash.

I've installed the patch and sent PM to the forum admin... scared yet Rob? :SMUG:

edit: what's up with the goalserver thing, do I have to use this or is it only if I want to host my own server?

I've installed the patch and sent PM to the forum admin... scared yet Rob? :SMUG:
:P

edit: what's up with the goalserver thing, do I have to use this or is it only if I want to host my own server?
It's the "thing of the past". In the beginning(ehhh, nostalgia ;)), when I created just hamachi group, we used it to play. Now we have our own dedicated 24/7 server, you can access at anytime of the day(aside 30 minutes a week for maintance).

We really put an effort to make it as easy to play online as possible. All you need is to copy one particular thing(what is explained in the thread at weplaywe.pl), then you run the game go to NETWORK, and if you got your account created, you can access it.

That's it. Pretty simple, and easy.

cheers

oh c'mon you call the game in which i have 60% ball possesion in 5 games in a row playing with inter (me) against barcelona (cpu) realistic? :D

pes 2010/2011 are a joke.

:YAWN: anyone can do that playing vs barca on their default settings. set them up like this:

and play against them on 15 minutes plus

it's a new game basically!

You do know Barca aren't set up properly by default. didn't you check this r did u assume everything is set up by default to be at it's most realistic?

here's zlac talking about PES 2011 tactically:
More testing, Villarreal (default) vs. tweaked Barca, using new team styles.

With 10min matches, there were hardly any visible differences. They outshot me (a lot), possession was pretty much even, 1-1, I won on penalties. Again, huge gap between Alves and Pique, diagonal through ball to Cazorla. Could have scored more, but lady luck wasn't on my side. Through-balls are decently effective against Barca.

They I finally switched to 15min and ... to be honest, it felt like a different game altogether. Bit more calmed down. Everything that was effective against Barca in 10min setup simply wasn't effective any more (i.e. through ball spamming), they were more organized, didn't rush that much. Again, they outshot me, but possession was pretty much evened out. Played two games, lost both of them. 0-3 in the first match, cheesy 2nd and 3rd goal. 0-1 in second, conceded in late 80-es. Although I had been able to maintain decent possession, most of the time I was pretty much helpless, unable to do anything concrete or dangerous.

Hmmm, I'm starting to wonder whether this game really is meant to be played on 10min matches?

Didn't have the time to check latest versions, so I can't say anything about latest CPU playstyles, but I'd like to point out one important fact for judging AI's pressing, playstyle, "creativity", etc.

It would be very important to state whether you used default Konami team settings for tactics and formations (which are mostly crap and inadequate, with all due respect) or improved ones, such as the ones provided here:
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=60966

If you haven't tried them already, please give'em a try ... for instance, CPU-controlled Barca with Konami formation&tactics and with klashman's formation&tactics are like two different planets. Literally. Even with default Konami .exe

Maybe there is no need to make some drastic changes in the game code (related to more pressing, etc.), which in the end may lead to the situation where all teams will play more or less the same, regardless of the pre-set tactics. When set-up properly, Konami's tactical engine is marvelously deep and effective, it would be a real shame to loose it. But it's set-up so poorly by default :/

read this thread:
https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/60966/page-5
https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/60966/page-3

Last edited:
I'm really interested in playined We9l but I love Pes 06, would u mind taking some time out to help me download the nessecary things for the game & breaking them down for me? Would really appreciate it, I can't believe they're ppl out there who still love these games like I do, my freinds all laugh at me when I say I'm playing Pes 06 but I keep stressing it's the best game I've played but I heard u say that We9l is better, I would really like to see if it's true.

I'm really interested in playined We9l but I love Pes 06, would u mind taking some time out to help me download the nessecary things for the game & breaking them down for me?
I've sent you PM. Just follow all the instructions carefully and you'll be fine :)

With any problems, contact me, best at weplaywe.pl

Would really appreciate it, I can't believe they're ppl out there who still love these games like I do, my freinds all laugh at me when I say I'm playing Pes 06 but I keep stressing it's the best game I've played but I heard u say that We9l is better, I would really like to see if it's true.
It is, if you are lookin for realism, not plain arcade "fun" or graphics.

cheers

Ahhh the CPU always saves penalty kicks you get in the game (not the shootouts), at least on 5-6 stars, I had forgot about this. I remember being annoyed with this before too. I think the only thing that can be annoying is that it feels like the CPU is cheating a bit from time to time, the famous catch up cheat that most games have to make it more challenging. Still it doesn't ruin the game for me because I keep coming back and wanting to play another tournament. I love just booting the game up and play konami cups with random teams. Never gets old.

I do miss to be able to use a manual pass to try to put the ball where I want it in a specific open space. And the penalty systems sucks too.

Does everyone know about the "bug" where you know if the CPU will shoot in the middle of the goal on penalties? I mean is it a well known fact? Not going to write it out if it's not since it's better to not knowing it, because it means you can cheat against the CPU if they do.

1) Try to shoot it quickly... At least I feel like if I hold the direction longer the CPU will read my commands, but when I take it quickly I have more chances to score. :P

2) You CAN use manual pass with R3... but it's very clumsy.

3) Yeah it is too obvious. But defending penalties aren't that difficult overall, if you really pay attention to the player animation you can guess 80% of the time if it'll be a high or low kick. The direction is more difficult but I can tell you I save around half of the PKs against me.

Is online any good? I'm in Australia so I'm wondering if it'll lag often.

Hey Lami - how are you settling in to Australia?

How big is the game install for this game anyway? Someone said they can install it onto a USB stick lol

2) You CAN use manual pass with R3... but it's very clumsy.

Ahhh, Konami-style ergonomics from old days :P I can't even imagine what kind of perverted/twisted finger movement combo I'd have to do to control direction (d-pad or left analogue), manual modifier R3 and pass button simultaneously (latter two being both on the top-right side of the controller) :P I guess I'd have to have some kind of dick-like addendum installed to my forehead to be able to "klick" the pass/cross buttons :LMAO:

Ok, seriously now, I suppose R3 could be remapped to some more natural button or trigger?

Ahhh, Konami-style ergonomics from old days :P I can't even imagine what kind of perverted/twisted finger movement combo I'd have to do to control direction (d-pad or left analogue), manual modifier R3 and pass button simultaneously (latter two being both on the top-right side of the controller) :P I guess I'd have to have some kind of dick-like addendum installed to my forehead to be able to "klick" the pass/cross buttons :LMAO:
I think you got it all wrong, and it's much easier than you seem it to be. If they can do it, you can as well, and I doubt you need to have some "dick-like addendum installed to my forehead".

YouTube - pes (winning eleven) manual pass highlights (1/2)
Ok, seriously now, I suppose R3 could be remapped to some more natural button or trigger?
Obviously.

Everything can be remmaped in settings.exe

Hey Lami - how are you settling in to Australia?

How big is the game install for this game anyway? Someone said they can install it onto a USB stick lol

Settling in quite fine really. Just need a job and it's taking a while...

Installation isn't that big really. Took me a few minutes. Trying to get the PS3 pad to work on my pc took me hours though. Glad it finally worked :SMUG:

I'm literally in love with this game.

Soyo, the stats are too different and more on the low side. Was that intended to make the game more playable or something?

Soyo, the stats are too different and more on the low side. Was that intended to make the game more playable or something?
Stats were done by russian scene, and their purpose is to make the game even more realistic than it is in default. They had a few good ideas, but couple not so good. We will make some adjustments to our own patch as well, but not as drastic.

I'm literally in love with this game.
:COOL:

I didn't lie, did I? ;)

cheers

Here's some of my feedback. Bit too early to give it the big overboard talk, but the early signs are very promising.

1) The graphics are excellent.
2) I think it is a perfect balance between the two versions (PES5+6), which is a good thing.
3) The player faces and kits are out of this world, was genuinely shocked at the quality
4) Square nets (hallelujah), ball physics superb
5) Possession on top player is a far reflection of real life possession
6) Shooting, how good is the shooting, it's kind of old PES with a little bit of new PES thrown in with regards to body position etc, hit a stunning 30-35 yard very hard low drive which whistled past the post yesterday, haven't done a shot like that for ages, with Stevie G

These are just some of the early signs.

Also, as everyone was harping on about realism, I'm now playing twenty minute games and had my first 0-0 ever!!! Over the moon with that.

I think the main things I can see with the game is that you have to have variety in attack, variety and creativity I think tend to play a massive part in the game. What I mean by this, is because the defences are so good, you can't just pass the ball like Barce from point A-B-C-D, because the defensive units will just shift to cut space, you really have to make use of running at different angles, quick first time touches around the area, and even use the lob ball cross function much much more.

Like I say early doors, at the moment I'm going to err on caution and give the game 8/10. I'm yet to go into the Premier League from Div 2 so I an't comment on how hard that will be, and I haven't played it long enough yet to see any scripting, glitches.

It's certainly realistic enough, and you have to train your brain that you can't just plough through the entire length of the field playing easy passes, there are periods where the game feels a little bogged down in midfield, but that's reality I suppose. This could be the game I'm after, I've even spent a half a day yesterday switching my main pc to the main room and hooking it up to my 50", the game looks stunning.

More to come in next few days, from what I can tell the whole process to download everything and get everything right is worth it!!

hi, whats the formula they used to change the gameplay?

Can someone change it back to the original ratings, because i really don't think it helps, in fact the games very easy vs the CPU atm on these settings!

Found the original (unpatched) game a lot harder!

I've spent the last few weeks playing WE9LE in this retro gaming community, thank you for the info soyo.

Arguably the best PES ever made. With ball physics that blow you away, no two crosses are the same, wayward, back post, fast driven, curlers, over the bar, to the top of the 16...you name it. Goalmouth scrambles, deflections, expect the unexpected and defenders who hassle, bump, grind, knock you off the ball...so many things are right about it.

Pro's and cons compared to PES2011 on PS3:

Pros:

-Ball physics, the ball is more alive therefore less scripted.
-Crossing much more varied
-Goalmouth scrambles from corners and parried or blocked shots, excitement you don't really get in PES2011 IMO.
-Defenders react quicker, close you down, losing the ball in your own half does not always result in an easy chance as your defenders are onto it.
-Organised backline helps break down attacks
-keepers are more varied in their saves
-Shooting is great, powerful shots, curlers, volleys

Cons:

-Passing is noticably limited, x passes look like through balls at times, wrond passes galore.
-No manual pass, one aspect which is a huge plus for PES2011, you can spray passes everywhere, in WE9LE you are very limited.
-Dribbling is somewhat disjointed, sidestep shimmies are often the easiest way to pass a defender.
-Defending with midfielders closing down is risky because the backline stands in their own 16 yard box nearly all the time
-lack of offsides for the reason mentioned above
-ping pong football if your opponent is pressing you hard at times
-Those annoying no skill passes by mids or defenders facing the wrong way, yet managing to pass n turn in a millisecond and play a perfect ball to the unmarked winger. You put pressure on him, force him backwards, yet he manages to pull the most unrealistic perfect pass with his back to the play. Easily the most annoying, I don't even attempt these as I would cringe at the prospect of scoring in this fasion.

All in all, I still have to say that the freedom in PES2011 is unmatched, but the some of the physics and the situations in WE9LE are just incredible.

Both fine games in my opinion.

Last edited:
And after a day on PS3 with online PES2011, I would have to say that overall, PES2011 is a better game. More fluid, more open, better flow.

Playing we9le, my first true addiction has made me marvel at the accomplishment of PES2011, despite the flaws.

And after a day on PS3 with online PES2011, I would have to say that overall, PES2011 is a better game. More fluid, more open, better flow.

Playing we9le, my first true addiction has made me marvel at the accomplishment of PES2011, despite the flaws.

Went back to PES 2011 online last monday, i played it i think for a good 7 hours, I'm hooked again :CONFUSE:

BUT i will still continue to play WE9LE when i get a chance, maybe because i haven't lost online yet :P :LOL: I think i might promote it as well.

never judge football games on online play!

judge them over AI of CPU! it's the only true test for the game. if playing against CPU sucks, the game sucks either.

football is not call of duty when everythign is about online. at least almost everything.

never judge football games on online play!

judge them over AI of CPU! it's the only true test for the game. if playing against CPU sucks, the game sucks either.

football is not call of duty when everythign is about online. at least almost everything.

Yeah it's nowhere near PES 2011 offline. I played a lot of matches offline btw with this game. Tactics not as deep, defensive lines sit too deep, nowhere near as much freedom, less individuality, AI is very strange at times (pass backwards when 1 on 1), few issues in PES 2011 appear in it (defenders not cutting out passes, player runs)

Again, disagree, online does serve a test to a game in terms of what functions are overpowered etc..

hi, whats the formula they used to change the gameplay?
You would have to ask the guys who did the original patch.

Can someone change it back to the original ratings, because i really don't think it helps, in fact the games very easy vs the CPU atm on these settings!
If it is, then you must be good player.

Care for a few online matches with me today?

I've spent the last few weeks playing WE9LE in this retro gaming community, thank you for the info soyo.
My pleasure.

Did you play online already? If not, we can crack a game or two today. What you say?

I think i might promote it as well.
Happy to hear that. The game deserves it, and trust me. While I respect everybody's opinion, especialy the ones that are not one liners, if you play we9le long enough, you will see the true magic of the game.

cheers

Is anyone else having problems with Kitserver? For some reason even though I've installed the patch correctly, not all of the teams kits seem to be working. I have a very limited understanding of how Kitserver works but I'm pretty sure all the kits are in Kitserver, they just aren't working properly in the game.

For example, most of the teams just have solid black shirts, socks, and shorts. Some teams (Chelsea and Arsenal for example) have the kit from the base game, and some teams' kits (Fiorentina for example) are working perfectly. I've tried reinstalling both WE9LE and the patch, and reattaching kitserver. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom