FIFA 13

Hi everyone!

I've just finished a session on FIFA13 seasons and UT.

What a depressing, soul destroying experience – one that EA sports thinks that rubbish is in any way representative of football and secondly that millions of morons are happy to spam 1-2s and through balls on assisted settings and think they are playing 'good' football too.

Shockingly poor and rather sad.

Ergh! Back to bring infuriatingly dull ... Every bloody year this happens, it's just so galling this year because of the demo.

Trying a career as Southend, but gameplay is just the same every game, really hoped it wouldn't be the case this year.

Next year will be better thought, right?

and the same response year after year, if you don't like it don't play it..i never see the point of posting on forums saying how much you aren't enjoying it..Sure you may have bought so entitled to an opinion but it's kind of wasting your time

Hi everyone!

I've just finished a session on FIFA13 seasons and UT.

What a depressing, soul destroying experience – one that EA sports thinks that rubbish is in any way representative of football and secondly that millions of morons are happy to spam 1-2s and through balls on assisted settings and think they are playing 'good' football too.

Shockingly poor and rather sad.

Simple answer. Don't play against these type of players by using filters. Sorted.

and the same response year after year, if you don't like it don't play it..i never see the point of posting on forums saying how much you aren't enjoying it..Sure you may have bought so entitled to an opinion but it's kind of wasting your time

Well, its a forum, just an opinion like others. It adds the same as your positive opinions: feedback.

Well, its a forum, just an opinion like others. It adds the same as your positive opinions: feedback.

it doesn't really add anything to be fair as EA will probably not read it or act on it. Besides it was more of why bother wasting your time talking about a game you don't like..its kind of like me going to ITV forums and talking about Coronation Street being crap..i dont like the program so I don't waste my time watching nor do i bother complaining how crap it is ( except in this example )

I'm not trying to have a dig its just people coming here with comments like "it's broken" "the AI is rubbish" when there are people here who are genuinely loving the game

it doesn't really add anything to be fair as EA will probably not read it or act on it. Besides it was more of why bother wasting your time talking about a game you don't like..its kind of like me going to ITV forums and talking about Coronation Street being crap..i dont like the program so I don't waste my time watching nor do i bother complaining how crap it is ( except in this example )

I'm not trying to have a dig its just people coming here with comments like "it's broken" "the AI is rubbish" when there are people here who are genuinely loving the game

I find that ridiculous. Whats the point of creating a thread just to say how wonderful the game is? Specially with FIFA, a game with very little consensus. Its a discussion, is quite likely there will be two sides. Once in a while, i come here to check the feedback & constructive criticism. Guess im wasting my time, in your optic. Its up to me to decide that. Dont get mad just because people are criticzing your beloved game.

I just seriously need somewhere to vent!

Its pure frustration on my part.

Taking your analogy - what about if you watched a 1 hour pilot of "Coronation Avenue" and it was the best hours TV you had seen in years and years. It was your favourite genre, had your favourite actors in and was just brilliant.

Excitedly, you paid £40 to watch the rest of the series and it was completely different to the pilot? It was dull, the same story every week, no life etc.... you'd be pissed off a bit?

Thats how I feel. The demo was amazing, loved it and played it over and over. The full game though has fallen back to having many of the same problems as 12. I just find it frustrating and annoying why EA have done that, when the game could have been magical.

You're telling me that '13 is so much different from '12 now?

12 is actually better IMO. 13 is just too fast and messing around with the sliders kinda helps, but breaks other things in the game I find.

But I keep coming back to the point that the demo was spot on in terms of pacing, feel of the real game, action, randomness etc.

And sorry if I've taken up your time having to read my opinion!

EDIT: I'm just downloading the demo again, see if I can recognise a difference now...

Last edited:
Finally managed to play some CM lately and really enjoying it. I'm not sure why people feel it still too fast. Im using placebo's sliders, slow setting and operation sports customtactics. Most of my matches against the AI are slow possesion games, with the ai also passing it about a lot and keeping posession well. Feels really organic and well balanced, although it could easily disintegrate if you start playing like a gamer imo. I just tend to block passing channels and mark players and then start to look to tackle the ai player in possesion, which makes them really pass the ball about and play well.

Ergh! Back to bring infuriatingly dull ... Every bloody year this happens, it's just so galling this year because of the demo.

Trying a career as Southend, but gameplay is just the same every game, really hoped it wouldn't be the case this year.

Next year will be better thought, right?

You can redecorate your house every year, but it will always be the same house until you either make some structural changes, or better still, move into a new house altogether.

Origin is doing another 200mb update at the moment. Don't know what for.

I just tend to block passing channels and mark players and then start to look to tackle the ai player in possesion, which makes them really pass the ball about and play well.
Me too. And I am enjoying the game 90% of the time.

Two niggles for me, to get them off my chest. One is the reluctance of the CPU to shoot. Quite silly at times.

Secondly... the goddamn magnetic ball just rears its ugly head now and then.

Like this:

YouTube - FIFA 13 - Magnetic ball 2.avi

Three consecutive rebounds - the tackle, the block, the deflection - are drawn perfectly to the feet of another player.

Taken in isolation, each one could be a coincidence, of course. But whole sequences like this keep happening.

It doesn't make sense for it to be this way. A loose ball is unpredictable, creates anticipation. It's a moment of excitement. There's a reason a football is spherical and inflated - it's the foundation of the whole sport. But when this happens, it makes the game feel forced and fake.

These things are especially irritating because I thought they'd fixed both of them in the demo! Maybe someone out there might be able to mod this out of the PC version... that would be lovely...

Aside from these two niggles, most of the matches I play are tight, challenging and engaging. And I've only been playing random exhibitions so far - might get my teeth into a Career Mode soon.

I just seriously need somewhere to vent!

Its pure frustration on my part.

Taking your analogy - what about if you watched a 1 hour pilot of "Coronation Avenue" and it was the best hours TV you had seen in years and years. It was your favourite genre, had your favourite actors in and was just brilliant.

Excitedly, you paid £40 to watch the rest of the series and it was completely different to the pilot? It was dull, the same story every week, no life etc.... you'd be pissed off a bit?

Thats how I feel. The demo was amazing, loved it and played it over and over. The full game though has fallen back to having many of the same problems as 12. I just find it frustrating and annoying why EA have done that, when the game could have been magical.

You're telling me that '13 is so much different from '12 now?

12 is actually better IMO. 13 is just too fast and messing around with the sliders kinda helps, but breaks other things in the game I find.

But I keep coming back to the point that the demo was spot on in terms of pacing, feel of the real game, action, randomness etc.

And sorry if I've taken up your time having to read my opinion!

EDIT: I'm just downloading the demo again, see if I can recognise a difference now...

Mate we feel your pain but the demo clearly states: 'This demo is not representative of the final product' (or something like
that).
As is every year, the demo is the demo and the game is the game. Nothing you or I or anybody else can do at this point so it seems to only make sense that you either delete the demo (forever!) and just forget about it or sell the game (or both!).
What could have been is what is and that's that.

IMO the biggest mistake anyone can make is to play too much of any demo, as I stated numerous times I played 4 matches on the demo, and for me the final version is a million times better than the demo.

Honestly don't understand everyone's whinging with regard to the demo being much different to the full game. Is it? Is it really? All in people's heads I reckon. The little additions are in the game and it plays the same to me.

Had a brilliant game as Atletic Madrid v Etoos team. Won 3-1 but it was tight until last 5 mins when I broke.
Possession was something like 52/48

Todays 200mb update info from EA:
today we released another major update to FIFA 13 on PC, which is live and can be downloaded now. This update for PS3 and Xbox 360 will be announced as soon as the dates are confirmed.

In today’s update, we addressed the following:
• Online Connectivity in the Arena when loading an Online Seasons match.
• The rare occurrence of the ball becoming invisible during gameplay.
• Audio commentary of player names when the game is set to Czech, Hungarian, Italian, or Polish.
• Connectivity after selecting a position on Online Team Play and Clubs.
• Pass responsiveness in the Passing ‘Skill Challenge’ Skill Game. The leaderboard for this specific Skill Game has been reset due to a scoring glitch.
• Rare cases of physics elasticity when two players collide.
• In: Ligo Do Brasil, Vasco Da Gama and Palmeiras get authentic kits and team names.
• Authentic kits for Botafago in Ligo Do Brasil.
• Visibility of the radar, indicators, and scoreboards in offline matches after playing in Online Team Play.
• Stability of FIFA Ultimate Team during single player tournaments.
• Softlock when playing a friend in FUT.
• Crashing in Pro Clubs kit selection screen.
• Replays saved to web will not overwrite previously save replays.

• Career Mode items including:
- Stability when editing a Virtual Pro if the squad is full.
- Stability when the loaning team rejects the loan buy of a transferred player at the end of a season.
- Player contracts increased by 1 did not take effect in player’s profile.
- Penalty Kick Takers can be selected prior to a penalty shootout when playing as a Manager.
- Continuation of player stories after the player is transferred/sold.
- General stability during gameplay.

Don't update to this.

The game after update... Became super fast and that's with edited sliders! (which were spot on prior updating).

Be warned.

Yeah. Sadly changing sliders does **** all this time round :/.

Can't get it to normal speed. It's like comparing normal train speed (FIFA 13 prior update) to TGV (after update).

The change of game speed is clear as night and day. Oh yeah and that's on Slow! game speed (yes, changed that from Normal prior updating).

Now the game is ruined for me :(.

However, I do not know if it affected only me or not :/.

So I downloaded the demo last night to compare the 2 and see if it was just me going mad.

The demo is DEFINITELY different. Not as marked as I recall, but there are so many little differences, that definitely add up to making the game better (IMO).

I compared all the settings and one thing I did notice was before the game loads, the performance setting menu was different in the full game to what I had set in the demo.

One of the changes was to lock the FPS to 60 (in the demo) which was unticked in the full game. It may just be me, but ticking that box and trying the full game again seems to have improved the speed issue (and this was with setting the sliders back to the games default too).

Give it a go - might help you too?

With all these updates we've had, surely at some point you'd think they'd go: "hmmm, 90% of CPU players won't shoot from more than 14 yards out, maybe we should tweak that a bit so they do", and include it as a fix.

these I modelled these sliders on the spain v portugal euro 2012 semi final looking at the overhead camera view
game speed NORMAL
difficulty LEGENDARY
controls MANUAL if u can play with them
everything at 50 except for
pass speed 40 forty if you play on slow then increase this likely
marking 100 one hundred cos all professional teams should be good at marking its a given
line height 70 seventy this is how much your defenders try to push out towards the half way line, its common tactic to push out this should be high not low like many ppl have it
line length 10 ten watching the spain v portugal game the match was extremely compact length wise
full back positioning 70 seventy this is how far up pitch your left and right back will push forward to i guess determined by if they are part of a move i dont know for sure lol
first touch control error 67 sixty seven, this was determined from someone elses list but i like it a lot

With all these updates we've had, surely at some point you'd think they'd go: "hmmm, 90% of CPU players won't shoot from more than 14 yards out, maybe we should tweak that a bit so they do", and include it as a fix.

True. I have recently played a few games of pes 2011 on ps2 and I was shocked when cpu started bombarding me from 25 m!
Fortunately there are solutions:
-For pc you can edit the database and increase long shot attribute of all players (10 min job)
-For pc and consoles: just before you start the new cm, use the in-game editor to increase long shot attribute of all midfielders and strikers (at least in starting 11) in league you will be playing. 10 min job per league. Use value 70-75. While you are at it, you can also increase their aggress. a bit.

use the in-game editor to increase long shot attribute of all midfielders and strikers (at least in starting 11) in league you will be playing. 10 min job per league.
If there are six starting midfielders/strikers per team for a 20 club league, that's 120 players in ten minutes, an average of five seconds per player :P . You can't do anything in that front end in five seconds!

I'd prefer not to edit the db because they update it regularly. Once a week now, isn't it?

I don't know why they seem so reluctant to make gameplay changes after release. I would imagine there's one line in a tiny file somewhere that affects the threshold for the AI's tendency to attempt shots.

You could have edited 3 teams while typing that message :))
Dont edit all of them; you dont want all of them to shoot from outside.
Squad updates dont really matter for cm.
Three major problems from fifa12 were untouched in 13:
-Not enough fouls (maybe some improvement in 13?)
-Not enough long shots by ai
-Game speed too fast on slow

I get the AI making plenty of long shots in the EPL. I noticed that upping their shot power slider made them more inclined to shoot from outside the box, although anything over 50 is too fast IMO.

AFAIK, long shots by AI are determined by long shot+shot power attributes (more=bigger % of them taking a long shot). Since most players have low long shot+shot power rankings, they are unlikely to shoot from outside.
By upping the power shot slider, you probably influenced that calculation by applying coeff. to shot power.

Regarding the update 3:
I have compared files: stock FIFA13 vs update1 vs update2 vs update3:
all three updates change the same files. Either they are tweaking/repairing something (and not getting it right) or they decided to make updates always through the same files (mostly fifa13.exe).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom