PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Gee, are you sure about the scorelines ? You have 1.4 patch right ?

Here are a few pictures to show the amount of goals with 1.4 patch.

I have included Championship scores, the current table (please ignore our position in the league :P)

Also the EPL and Spanish league.

Champions League tables, one with high scoring and one with low scoring.

[
URL=http://www.mediafire.com/view/uht747ubnjpcjuk/2015-11-07_01.13.31.jpg]
uht747ubnjpcjuk4g.jpg
[/URL]

PES 2016 does some new stuff i really enjoy and its a good,nice game, but really its not even close to 2013 as a all round balanced football experience, not even near. The responsivness is still too limited in 2016.

PES 2013 is still the pinnacle of football gameplay by some distance. Just like PES 5 and 6 many, many people are still playing and patching the game today

Heh that was funny, I thought how did I miss your post then realised we posted about the same time.

Another thing I'm finding annoying with 2016 is the scrolling. On PS3 it has to catch up and it's jerky.

Just played another game (2013) in my ML against Fulham. We were around 15th and they were top. I was 1-0 down at half time and really struggling with the full manual passing. So I put it up a notch and we won 2-1. Kinda feel like I cheated a bit even though some passes were still going astray.

Hi mate..im still playing pes 2013 tho..i suggest pesjp 2013 patch by jenkey..it's a little bit outdated but it's the only patch that contains additional feature eg: kit switcher..

Or you can install marfut patch as it's based on pesjp..

Yeh i'm not enjoying 2016 at all. I put it on but by half time i feel i'm wasting time and then switch to 2013.

Here is a good patch if you want to play classic World Cups.

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=70922

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm looking for a patch with the latest transfers, kits, etc.. I found this reborn patch which looks pretty good, gonna try it out.

PES 2016 does some new stuff i really enjoy and its a good,nice game, but really its not even close to 2013 as a all round balanced football experience, not even near. The responsivness is still too limited in 2016.

PES 2013 is still the pinnacle of football gameplay by some distance. Just like PES 5 and 6 many, many people are still playing and patching the game today

Totally agree with you, despite the outdated graphics and animations it is still a better football sim game. Get lots of fouls, shot errors, pass errors. It would be awesome if pes 2016 with its graphics and cool animations had this gameplay.

Just played another game (2013) in my ML against Fulham. We were around 15th and they were top. I was 1-0 down at half time and really struggling with the full manual passing. So I put it up a notch and we won 2-1. Kinda feel like I cheated a bit even though some passes were still going astray.

Yeah assisted passing in PES 2013 still makes sense, not laser sharp accuracy like PES 2016

to be honest i play both 2013 and 2016, agree with the general opinion that 2013 is a much better football game overall, but damn its animations and graphics are so limited and outdated even for year 2012, after some time i'm just getting really tired of it so i switch to 2016 just for my eyes to see something more pleasant, and 2016 does a really good job with that, i'm in love with it's first touch (ball control) animations, besides gameplay is pretty decent too, there are a few whings i definitelly miss when i go back to 2013. but anyway 2013 is just a great game gameplay-wise
btw for some reason, probably due to better responsiveness, manual feels easier in 2013, but a different camera could be the reason too
oh, and more advanced customization tools for 2013 is a huge bonus too (pc)

I downloaded the reborn patch, and it changed the gameplay became an arcadey crap. the grass is also unrealstic.. looking for another one.

Yeah PES 2016 has great animations and the gameplay is not too bad after last patch, but the still not as good as PES 2013's gameplay though.

I downloaded the reborn patch, and it changed the gameplay became an arcadey crap. the grass is also unrealstic.. looking for another one.

Yeah PES 2016 has great animations and the gameplay is not too bad after last patch, but the still not as good as PES 2013's gameplay though.

mate, try jenkey patch..:SMUG:

download kitserver and set your resolution manually with it, also force the high quality graphics. you could also try to set the game to use discrete video card via nvidia control panel or nvidia inspector if it wont help

to be honest i play both 2013 and 2016, agree with the general opinion that 2013 is a much better football game overall, but damn its animations and graphics are so limited and outdated even for year 2012, after some time i'm just getting really tired of it so i switch to 2016 just for my eyes to see something more pleasant, and 2016 does a really good job with that, i'm in love with it's first touch (ball control) animations, besides gameplay is pretty decent too, there are a few whings i definitelly miss when i go back to 2013. but anyway 2013 is just a great game gameplay-wise
btw for some reason, probably due to better responsiveness, manual feels easier in 2013, but a different camera could be the reason too
oh, and more advanced customization tools for 2013 is a huge bonus too (pc)

Being honest I don't mind the graphics in 2013 probably because I've been playing PES 5 for so long. One thing I cannot stand in the newer ones is the faces with the same shaped mouth. All of them look like they are chewing a bee. Whereas in 2013 at least their faces reflect their mood in ML Sometimes even getting a thumbs up. Nice touch.

Finally got through all those adfly pages and finished downloading the patch.. it's pretty good, thanks for the suggestion. Finally can start my master league in PES 2013 ;)

I'm pleased you got yourself a good patch. Keep us updated with your ML. It would be good to share experiences and transfer tips. I know that there is an official ML thread but I think it would get confusing with PES 2016 players posting too ;)

I'm annoyed since i cant play PES 2013 properly on my new laptop. The game doesn't recognize my Geforce 50 Video card.

Anyone help?

In nvidia settings you have to add "settings.exe" file from pes folder into profile and select to run it with nvidia gpu. I've ran pes 2013 on laptop and had to do this.

Doing a new option file using W!ld editor, while editing Neymar it says that there are too many skill cards. The limit is 11 but he has 12, it said to proceed anyway. Does any body know if that will make the PS3 crash?

@Klash: I have to bother you with a few questions relating to the tactics screen.
1. Do you know if and under which conditions the AI uses the tactical presets 2-4 in game? I assume preset 1 is default and the others are used when ahead or behind in score.
2. Are the strategies you can activate like Quick Counter or Possession Game OFF from PES 2011 gone and team style is just defined by the 1-20 sliders now?
3. Is there any way to copy/paste/save/load tactics with the ingame interface? It'd be really frustrating if there wasn't, it was sooooo useful in WE9LE.
4. Does your World Cup patch have tactics of good quality assigned to many teams?

@Klash: I have to bother you with a few questions relating to the tactics screen.
1. Do you know if and under which conditions the AI uses the tactical presets 2-4 in game? I assume preset 1 is default and the others are used when ahead or behind in score.

1. Yes! But i must explain

This is what the CPU use in different situations IF you set custom 2/3/4 to have a preset of 'Possession Game/All out attack/All out defence/Long ball/Quick Counter'

Preset 1: is default,
Preset 2: is an alternative strategy
Preset 3: is used when the team is losing and needs to score, or if the team is playing vs a weaker team and wants to use a aggressive attacking strategy to win.
Preset 4: is used when the team is either winning and wants to hold onto the lead and defend or if the team is playing vs a team which is significantly stronger.

If you set them all to custom, the CPU will only use preset 1 and will change their formation at 60 minutes or if something extreme happens in the game before that.

Now you need to be careful which ones you use for the CPU teams because the CPU like to use Quick Counter and Long Ball much more than they use the other strategies, so i avoided using these two much, infact i rarely gave a team quick counter at all.

I usually gave teams a Custom strategy for preset 1 possesion game/all out attack for preset 3 and sometimes all out defence or maybe long ball for preset 4.

2. Are the strategies you can activate like Quick Counter or Possession Game OFF from PES 2011 gone and team style is just defined by the 1-20 sliders now?

2. Each preset has a given set strategy, so for example you could set them out like this:

Preset 1: Custom
Preset 2: Possession game
Preset 3: All out Attack
Preset 4: All out defence

This is better than 2011 because the strategies used to contradict the team sliders from 1-20, they work better in this method.

3. Is there any way to copy/paste/save/load tactics with the ingame interface? It'd be really frustrating if there wasn't, it was sooooo useful in WE9LE.

3. yes, you can use up to 3 slots in saving a teams tactics so you can copy them over to other teams. I think its 3 slots per user, so if you use all of the 'Data' slots upyou have 3 times i dunno, 35? but tis 3 per use.

4. Does your World Cup patch have tactics of good quality assigned to many teams?

4. Errrm, i will have to check but I tried to sort out 2014-2002. I didn't do all of them but the majority of the big teams, going back later i don't think i gave them strategies yet to suit how they played because i simply didn't have the time, creating all the players was time consuming enough.

Klash and Chenghis, I was wondering when your paths would meet. Both know so much about PES tactics, together you can conquer the world :P

On a side note, I have recently upped the difficulty to Professional (I think it is) on one bar passing and manual shooting. But now it is hard to score even though I make chances. It's like the CPU keeper is saving everything even really good shots into the corner. I played a game against Huddersfield and I had 18 shots with 8 on target and couldn't score no matter where I placed them. Please don't tell me this is a bug :(

It's strange because I changed shooting to automatic and scoring was easy, like the keeper can't save anything on that setting.

Last edited:
manutd1990 said:
i i am new in this web site i like pes2013and play it on ps3.. can you help me to get nice stadums for pes2013

Hi manutd, good to have you here. Here is a link for PES WORLD option file, it has stadiums included. It's strange because I think you have to click the 2011 link which takes you to the 2013 download otherwise 2013 takes you to the 2011 download. Hope that helps :)

http://www.pesworld.co.uk/p/old-option-files.html

I just can't stop playing this game at the moment.. I spent more than a week editing players and tactics in pes 2016 but still can't get a really satisfying gameplay, got frustrated and went back to pes 2013, gameplay is miles better. It's funny that I have both PES 2016 and FIFA 16 on my pc, yet I'm playing a game from 2012 :D

Elja. what is interesting is when you play PES 2016 it does all the things PES 2013 cant do really well, its got a proper physics and collision engine, players turn and foot plant naturally, the CPU shots with more authority and teams play to their strategies first, rather than to their individuality first like in PES 2013.

Thing is PES 2013 is still miles better than 2016 because its far more responsive in every department and presents so many more variables. Its not just on the ball its more responsive but off the ball especially.

Hi guys, I'm beginning to get a tiny bit annoyed at some things although I'm thinking it is just my team set up.

Playing as QPR in my ML there are times when I'm attacking and Zamora, our lone striker, decides that he doesn't want to hang around in the penalty area but prefers to pull out wide when I'm about to cross it in. It is most annoying when I cross it and nobody is in the box.

Also, the cursor change is pretty annoying. When the ball is running along the wing and I'm controlling Barton but want to change to Wright-Philips because he is quicker but the cursor won't change and the ball goes out of play.

Just a couple of things but I will perservere ;)

Klash and Chenghis, I was wondering when your paths would meet. Both know so much about PES tactics, together you can conquer the world :P

Haha, thanks man.
Don't get carried away, though. I'm a total noob regarding anything newer than PES 6. Can't get anything remotely resembling coherent pressing to work so far in this game. Both me & the AI can pass the ball through the middle like it's nothing, even on the higher difficulties. Forwards & AMs are not yet existent defensively and the Defensive Line setting has no visible impact so far. I'm sure it's me doing something wrong though, since I got it to work to an acceptable level in PES 2011 which should have a similar defensive engine.

Aside from that and me not yet being able to shoot hard shots (on automatic), the game feels great, so thanks for putting me onto it.

1. Yes! But i must explain

This is what the CPU use in different situations IF you set custom 2/3/4 to have a preset of 'Possession Game/All out attack/All out defence/Long ball/Quick Counter'

Preset 1: is default,
Preset 2: is an alternative strategy
Preset 3: is used when the team is losing and needs to score, or if the team is playing vs a weaker team and wants to use a aggressive attacking strategy to win.
Preset 4: is used when the team is either winning and wants to hold onto the lead and defend or if the team is playing vs a team which is significantly stronger.

If you set them all to custom, the CPU will only use preset 1 and will change their formation at 60 minutes or if something extreme happens in the game before that.

Now you need to be careful which ones you use for the CPU teams because the CPU like to use Quick Counter and Long Ball much more than they use the other strategies, so i avoided using these two much, infact i rarely gave a team quick counter at all.

I usually gave teams a Custom strategy for preset 1 possesion game/all out attack for preset 3 and sometimes all out defence or maybe long ball for preset 4.

2. Each preset has a given set strategy, so for example you could set them out like this:

Preset 1: Custom
Preset 2: Possession game
Preset 3: All out Attack
Preset 4: All out defence

This is better than 2011 because the strategies used to contradict the team sliders from 1-20, they work better in this method.

3. yes, you can use up to 3 slots in saving a teams tactics so you can copy them over to other teams. I think its 3 slots per user, so if you use all of the 'Data' slots upyou have 3 times i dunno, 35? but tis 3 per use.

4. Errrm, i will have to check but I tried to sort out 2014-2002. I didn't do all of them but the majority of the big teams, going back later i don't think i gave them strategies yet to suit how they played because i simply didn't have the time, creating all the players was time consuming enough.

Thank you, this is helpful, to say the least.

So if I use a preset like Quick Counter for Preset 2, the AI will randomly switch to it anytime if the score is somewhat even but if I use custom it will only consider switching after 60 min? (Not too important, though, since Preset 1,2 & 3 seem to be the useful ones.)

You are right, having the strategy solely depend on the sliders seems a better idea to me too, especially since I've seen teams in PES 2011 with Pressing/D-Line set to 20 camp out at their own box once Long Ball or Possession Game DEF were activated.

I'll try your patch then, if I can get multiple installations of this game to work.

Would you say any of the 2013 tactics you posted on your website is particularly strong from a defensive & pressing standpoint (guessing Barca)? I'd then try it to see what I can learn.

Haha, thanks man.
Don't get carried away, though. I'm a total noob regarding anything newer than PES 6. Can't get anything remotely resembling coherent pressing to work so far in this game. Both me & the AI can pass the ball through the middle like it's nothing, even on the higher difficulties. Forwards & AMs are not yet existent defensively and the Defensive Line setting has no visible impact so far. I'm sure it's me doing something wrong though, since I got it to work to an acceptable level in PES 2011 which should have a similar defensive engine.

Aside from that and me not yet being able to shoot hard shots (on automatic), the game feels great, so thanks for putting me onto it.

Hah don't worry you will get used to it and I'm sure Klashmann will help you out with the tactics.

As far as shooting goes, that was one of the reasons why I initially gave up on this game. I was hearing that manual shooting is better more powerful but when I tried it the shots kept going all over the place. Now coming back to it I have gotten slightly better at them and shots are more powerful on manual. It really does depend on the player, stronger foot, and body position. Keep persisting on manual shooting and when you score the feel good factor is there :APPLAUD:

Back
Top Bottom