PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

I know they made this change a few years back but I loved the old freekick format. That was something you could master, now it seems like pot luck with the random ball trace thingy.

Is it even possible to hit a freekick with max swerve but hit at full power? I either hit it hard and straight or attempt to place a curler from 30 yards that the keeper is already set up to catch seemingly before I've kicked it.

Also, come to think of it, I've not scored or conceded from a freekick in 100 games so far...

Edit: One change I am happy with is the amount of goals scored from corner rebounds. In 2011 you could score quite a few from this, thankfully people volleying from a keeper's punch seems to be quite erratic (as it should be)

Before i start this post: i'm not replying to anybody special and if i would reply to anybody, it could be a reply to one of my own posts too...

But

This thread is living proof of the fact that developers should not listen too much to "the community".

After having played PES since 13 november, it seems that the community agrees on two things:

1 this game is a very beg step forwards in the right direction
2 Konami need to build on this.

Is it possible to say what should be done ?

Once again, to me it seems that everybody agrees about one thing:

There are not enough CPU fouls.

People say that the CPU doesn't cross enough, well i for one, do not agree with that. I see crosses fairly regularly (perhaps this is something that niggles English players because in England, football is more about crosses than on the continent ???).

This is just an example.

Actually what's easy for us and looks almost a goal every time is scoring with the R2 from close range.

I think there is an exploit with the r2 shooting. A couple of days ago I played a guy online. He was playing real madrid. And he did r2 shot all the time from outside the box. He managed to score this way 3 time with Ronaldo and Bale. The shots were slow velocity and I thought the keeper could save it, but they floated straight into the back of the net :/

I agree with the other guy. Shooting is too easy and strange. I think the reason for that are mainly the keepers. They can make wonderful saves, but too often they cant coupe with silly slow balls.

whats up with this pes one minute i thought it was good sim/arcade balance game. I had some realistic score Champions league games etc

Then I try play a freindly fulham v man utd and it was 3-3 by half time..i just swicthed off..

There are reasonable and unreasonable complaints that can be rendered against PES 2015. This is an example of an unreasonable complaint.

There are reasonable and unreasonable complaints that can be rendered against PES 2015. This is an example of an unreasonable complaint.

Depends how often it's happening with regard to if it's an unreasonable complaint or not. A one off, yeah off course it is. Every other game, well that's a bit of a farce.

oh dear

1. (-) Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
2. (-) Far Cry 4 (Ubisoft)
3. (1) Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Activision)
4. (4) FIFA 15 (EA Sports)
5. (-) Dragon Age: Inquisition (Electronic Arts)
6. (2) Assassin's Creed Unity (Ubisoft)
7. (20) WWE 2K15 (Take-Two)
8. (5) LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (Warner Bros)
9. (7) Minecraft: PlayStation Edition (Sony)
10. (3) Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Microsoft)
11. (-) Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Warner Bros)
12. (6) Assassin's Creed Rogue (Ubisoft)
13. (10) Destiny (Activision)
14. (12) Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
15. (13) Disney Infinity 2.0 (Disney Interactive Studios)
16. (11) Skylanders Trap Team (Activision)
17. (19) Tomodachi Life (Nintendo)
18. (16) Assassin's Creed 4 (Ubisoft)
19. (8) PES 2015 (Konami)
20. (17) Forza Horizon 2 (Microsoft)

oh dear

Really not that surprising.

oh dear

According to myClub, I'm ranked ~2000 out of 5000.

I thought that was the amount of "leagues" (as the descriptions are quite vague or confusing), but delving into it, it would appear that's the amount of people who have played myClub thus far (on Xbox One).

5,000. That's SHOCKING. Especially considering there's 250,000-500,000 cards listed for sale on FIFA Ultimate Team at any time of day (yes that's not an amount of players, people could put 20 cards up at a time, but that's still a pretty good indication of the numbers difference).

This (for me) is the best PES, and I have a horrible feeling it may be the last.

Before i start this post: i'm not replying to anybody special and if i would reply to anybody, it could be a reply to one of my own posts too...

But

This thread is living proof of the fact that developers should not listen too much to "the community".

After having played PES since 13 november, it seems that the community agrees on two things:

People say that the CPU doesn't cross enough, well i for one, do not agree with that. I see crosses fairly regularly (perhaps this is something that niggles English players because in England, football is more about crosses than on the continent ???).

This is just an example.

I agree

That chart thing, is it worldwide ?

To be honest, i think this PES might be a slow starter and turn out to be a "hit" in the long term. Konami screwed up for years, so it's only natural that people don't buy the game at face value (even freaks like us are cautious).

If people hear how good this game is (and it is very good, despite some flaws) they might buy it.

And now comes the tricky part. Of course i have nothing against freedom of speech, but people should think twice before being very critical about PES2015.Just like Chris Davies writes, this might well be one of the last editions in the franchise. I don't think it will be the last, but it should be a turning point..If it isn't then things don't look too good for the future.

We might well end up with only one football game. And that is a very bad thing, even for the most diehard Fifafans who would never consider buying PES.

On top of that, the argument that being critical helps the franchise, has proved to be a serious mistake. I've already written this, but i will state it once again (because it's very important): the franchise changed for the better not because of "critical" people, but because of perhaps it's greatest fan (Adam Bhatti).

As community whatever, he was not very good, but in it's new role he has proven to be outstanding. And all this by staying positive...

oh dear

Is that UK only? If yes, no surprise at all, the UK market is basic formed by hopeless EA blind followers. I think that Konami don't give a shit anymore for UK.

Are my posts invisible? Let me check again.

Having played PES for a week, just booted up Winning Eleven. I'm sure there's a difference. If you've got both games, try handling and controlling Eden Hazard. The players in WE feel more weighty. Hence feel more solid and sturdy. Can anyone also confirm my finding?

This (for me) is the best PES, and I have a horrible feeling it may be the last.

I still don´t think this will be the last one. This game is growing on the hands of the fans who bought it. Slowly this is going to create a reputation. Also, Konami has a good advantage to EA if they want to: they can still improve the game in the next months. Last editions were really far from perfection but this game is very close. Gives us more fouls and slightly faster keepers and the rest leave it the way it is. Game will get solid coments on online comunities and the word will spread out. Next year I´m pretty sure that the ones who bought 15 will also buy it. And the ones who didn´t, at least will be very curious about it.

Next year they would only need to work on bonus content, like more stadiums, even generic ones will be great. More balls. Revamped Master League mode (come one Konami its not that hard to improve this mode).

About fouls, I´m starting to get mixed feelings... This morning I played an International Cup with Portugal (while I don´t finish editing real teams names and competitions for ML). As soon as I score, the CPU became a bit more agressive trying to win the ball, and I also started doing something I didn´t used to; I started walking around with the ball, instead of using sprint here and there, I kept the ball and changed direction with LS when someone tried to take it away. The result was a couple yellows for CPU and also a couple dangerous freekicks per match. Really enjoyed it!

About crosses, yes sometimes CPU does cross, but too few times. It should be using crosses more often in some situations where that looks like the best option to go for, but most time they just go for the drible.

But

This is just an example.

fouls definitely need sorting, the keepers need improving a bit more they still have moments of madness now and then.
Penalty system needs to be radically improved - it has no immersion for me
It needs to be considerably graphically improved for next gen
Give next gen a proper editing tool - that will increase sales on its own if people know they can import things themselves

For me these most are easy fixes - the gameplay is there already

Are my posts invisible? Let me check again.

Having played PES for a week, just booted up Winning Eleven. I'm sure there's a difference. If you've got both games, try handling and controlling Eden Hazard. The players in WE feel more weighty. Hence feel more solid and sturdy. Can anyone also confirm my finding?

I don´t think people are going to get both games for that purpose... Is there a winning eleven demo? Even there is, who bought PES won´t buy WE now, I´m gessing. Even WE is slightly better with those changes, its not a improvement worth of buying the other game.

Well, while the differences are subtle, the impact of those subtle differences are huge. Player weight was a key feature in PES 5 and Winning Eleven 9. Unfortunately in the later versions, Konami could not bring the same weighty player feeling. Even in PES 2015, players are bit floaty but that helps a more faster and exciting gameplay but not realistic and also harder to control. In WE2015, I feel I have better control of my players because I can feel their body weight, if you know what I mean.

By the way, I know a lot of people who buy WE for gameplay and PES for online.

According to myClub, I'm ranked ~2000 out of 5000.

I thought that was the amount of "leagues" (as the descriptions are quite vague or confusing), but delving into it, it would appear that's the amount of people who have played myClub thus far (on Xbox One).

5,000. That's SHOCKING. Especially considering there's 250,000-500,000 cards listed for sale on FIFA Ultimate Team at any time of day (yes that's not an amount of players, people could put 20 cards up at a time, but that's still a pretty good indication of the numbers difference).

Not a chance. As Neil Lennon once said "this is not the end, this is just the beginning"

Fuck this piece of shit game can't get an online game wtf?
Is your NAT open etc.?

I usually have to search twice (rarely three times) but always get a game. I've opened up the search settings though to cover all the divisions around me, twice I've been put up against a guy six leagues above me and been slaughtered...

(This is myClub I'm talking about!)

That's Bullshit bro.:YAWN:

It isn't at all.

What is the United Kingdom in the world ?

Not much bigger than my country (Belgium) if you compare it to giants like Brazil and other South American markets where the game is bigger than FIFA.

Welcome to the 21th century...

Yeah really. I don't think every team in a league scores over 100 goals and concedes almost the same so yeah, bit of a farce IF it's happening like the guy suggests.

atm in my 10min games on pro every game of last 5 games has been 6+ goal fests....

Its honestly like 5-a-side.

And I feel every time im about to shoot i will score..its like not even doubted in my mind. I never had this feeling in pes before ever...

Wehn i cross if i see im winning the header i know its gonna be a goal.

If im 20 yrds out on angle or so and aim for far corner i know its going in.

And if im in the box and shoot i know already its a goal before i press shoot.

Cpu shots also seem to be lasered into back of net

Back
Top Bottom