FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

Fair enough, its all good.
quote-from-that-day-forth-in-peace-and-joyous-bliss-they-liv-d-together-long-without-debate-nor-private-edmund-spenser-379471.jpg

going from pes to fifa makes fifa ridicolous.

It seemed the game was 100x faster than pes and a total joke...was like superspeed arcade OTT fake game.

Yet i thought it was fine before i got pes..but after one night on pes and back on fifa i just could not get to grips with the speed it was like a joke of a game..

It seemed the game was 100x faster than pes and a total joke...was like superspeed arcade OTT fake game.

Yet i thought it was fine before i got pes..but after one night on pes and back on fifa i just could not get to grips with the speed it was like a joke of a game..

A lot of better players play FIFA on slow.( which is not actually slow at all ).Every rig is different,graphics cards vary tremendously and some people have the games running very well tuned.
Probably a bit premature to describe either game as a joke,especially after one night of gameplay.

Said this a few times but if you want a decent game of football you just have to avoid FUT.

Exclusively play Seasons or against organised competition, and I average less then a goal a game.

The defending system is a dream and finally puts the responsibility in the player's hands. The only aspect that lets it's down is the AI positioning, which can leave you exposed if you don't constantly marshall the backline.

They just need to tone down the accuracey of passing to slow down back to front transitions. This would be aided if your DMs provided cover rather then bomb forward at every opportunity.

Also lowering the control of dribbling at full space, or introduce a touch variance to penalise poorer technical players.

I've been lucky perhaps but 8/10 games I've played have been enjoyable online. I don't play FUT and the highest ranked team I play with is Juventus (being the team I follow). But my EPL side is Everton and I'll play with them too. But I like playing as random teams just to discover different players and to add variety to the experience. Played a cup game as Hellas Verona vs Shaktar and lost 3-2 with my striker hitting the post in the last minute of extra time. Cracking game. Will post a link to the highlights in the video thread.

I really think you'll get the best out of either football game if you try and play like you were playing football. Regardless of control settings, game speed etc it will bring about some great moments and exciting gameplay. Just because you can hold down sprint and score goals from certain plays...doesn't mean you have to play that way.

Maybe because I haven't come up against players who are using superteams or trying to just get cheap wins, but I've had some really enjoyable games online and to a lesser extent, but still good against the CPU.

Last edited:
Echoing what others are saying about playing with a "real" approach. I play almost exclusively in career mode and really enjoying the game. Using a recent version of Matt10's sliders, which have helped, and noticed that if I get sucked into a sprinting back and forth, pressuring all over the pitch type of game, the fun is gone almost immediately. It's far from perfect, but think this has been the most fun I've had with FIFA in a long time.

A lot of better players play FIFA on slow.( which is not actually slow at all ).Every rig is different,graphics cards vary tremendously and some people have the games running very well tuned.
Probably a bit premature to describe either game as a joke,especially after one night of gameplay.

all im saying is i thought fifa was the chit...but then after one night on pes and putting fifa back on it felt like a joke of a game...

Its ironic though I felt that the game lacked any form of creativity ping pong passes and trying to break through stubborn cpu defensive line.

I was fulham v man utd fa cup final on professional..The game went to ET and I won 1-0 man utd had red card also. Funny thing was even though the game was super speed compared to pes and i felt arcadey and simplified there was only like 5 shots the whole game 120mins..between both teams..

I then for a test put on pes to compare how it would play fulham v man utd.

Now the irony is altough pes felt more dynamic and realistic it ended up 3-3 at half time lmao

A nonsense comparison comment. You can lower the speed/accel sliders in FIFA to any level you wish, you can make it play much slower than PES can be set to play. If you're going to sign up to a discussion forum just to rant and call something "ridiculous" and "a total joke", make sure you have your facts straight and know what you're talking about.

A nonsense comparison comment. You can lower the speed/accel sliders in FIFA to any level you wish, you can make it play much slower than PES can be set to play. If you're going to sign up to a discussion forum just to rant and call something "ridiculous" and "a total joke", make sure you have your facts straight and know what you're talking about.

im not saying you cant do that...The point im trying to make here is that I felt before i bought pes that the defualt speed on fifa was fine and the game was somewhat sim like and fun/cool game.

Now after playing pes I feel that fifa on defualt is arcade uperspeed OTT game.

Obviously i didnt make that point so clearly but that is what im meaning..Not hating on fifa or its possible slider options.

Just saying personally how fifa felt after playing pes.

Yet i have been playing fifa nonstop since i bought it but now feel its a poor arcade fest since i got pes....

however im also having issues with pes now..in fifa my games against cp are most often tight affairs and realistic scores despite me stating the gameplay in pes is more arcadey the scorelines arent as im finding that nearly all shots go in the net whether its me or cpu..everytime i line up a 20 yrd curler, a shot in box or header from cross i can pretty much feel im scoring and do...dunno whats up with that its annoying me atm as my 10min games are ending 4-4 5-3 etc vs cpu.

So with fifa i get realistic scores but pes more realistic gameplay but the gameplay aspect is kinda nullififed when goals come so easy.

Its basically like 5-a-side football really...go up park shoot score, then opponent does the same....dunno wtf going on with that.

Obviously i didnt make that point so clearly but that is what im meaning..Not hating on fifa or its possible slider options.

Just saying personally how fifa felt after playing pes.
Okay, I can accept that. No problems.

I've been playing PES 2015 for a few days. Last night, I went back to FIFA 15 for the first time in a week. I was floored by how fast it was in comparison. But all I did was lower the speed/accel sliders down until it matched the speed of default PES. Not an issue, nothing ridiculous about it, just takes a few seconds to customize to your style.

So with fifa i get realistic scores but pes more realistic gameplay but the gameplay aspect is kinda nullififed when goals come so easy.

Its basically like 5-a-side football really...go up park shoot score, then opponent does the same....dunno wtf going on with that.
This is actually a pretty spot-on comment about both games and their major flaw. Me though, I see this stuff as a challenge, not a wtf problem. With PES for example, I'm busy lowering shot ratings and raising GK ratings. Game plays 100% better now. Did the same with FIFA for weeks and was able to turn that game into a solid football sim as well, no more up and down mindless 5-a-side.

FIFA is fast if you play it fast. I hardly ever have. I slow the game down due to my style of play. Just because it can play quick, doesn't mean you have to play it quick.

I sent you a message last night PU6HY! :)

I played Seasons last night and didn't feel any gameplay difference from FUT at all, still frantic and with mad scorelines.

Took me an hour of searching in total, BUT, I managed to find a Seasons full manual game and have to admit, it was a much more realistic game (and I'd have fun with it if I could get a game). However, seeing as I'm only just starting off with manual, I found the constantly misplaced passes and woeful shots pretty boring after a while. It was less "professional footballers" and more "Sunday league", which isn't much fun. But that's just because I need practice I'm sure, I'd love to invest more time into it (if I was confident I'd find games).

I can see it being great if you invest time into it and have more players though (I kept thinking to myself, "Placebo, you'd love this, give it a go"). :)

For me, the game is best against the CPU. Best it's ever been except for the kick-off bug (which, sorry, is pretty disgraceful and I can't believe EA have kept so quiet about that one). Whereas PES, online (for me), is where it's at. Enjoying it immensely.

I just wish I could enjoy FIFA online. I'm hoping for major realism changes next year but if they won't even fix the kick-off bug (which I'm guessing is either because A) it's too deep an issue in the AI to fix quickly or B) because the kids who think it's totes hilarious and a handy cheat to have will get pissed) then I'm not holding out any hope.

FIFA is fast if you play it fast. I hardly ever have. I slow the game down due to my style of play. Just because it can play quick, doesn't mean you have to play it quick.
Right, until the CPU grabs the ball and sprints madly up the pitch, then it's fast again. Here's the difference: I play FIFA slow, but then the game switches to a crazy fast run-after-the-CPU fest the moment the CPU touches the ball. Whereas I play PES slow, and when the CPU grabs the ball, it plays slow as well, the gameplay is balanced and evenly paced on both sides of the ball, not slow-fast-slow-fast like FIFA.

Last edited:
Don't play v CPU. I have no idea why that would appeal to anybody tbh. Play online seasons on Manual and normally great games.
I don't play online, have no idea why that would appeal to anyone tbh. Not sure what that has to do with anything either way.

I don't play online, have no idea why that would appeal to anyone tbh. Not sure what that has to do with anything either way.

Play against a friend maybe? That would never appeal to you? Ok then.

Because playing online and the way I do, I don't see this super fast speed you are on about. Even when I had a quick go offline the other day while quickly looking at the graphics difference between this and PES, I didn't notice much in speed difference. Probably because I had the ball more and my style off play. It can be fast but only if you choose to play that way. Contain the CPU and they can't sprint everywhere.

I´ve played PES a few games and came back to FIFA and felt it slighty the same way. Slightly!
But I played it online and it seems that online it´s just rush and pace and pace and rush!

I´m quite done with it, online...FUT at least.

Then I kept on with my career mode and I gotta say that I enjoy it a lot and got used to the speed after a few games.

The reason I came back to FIFA was, that PES felt good - but after I kept playing and playing it - but somehow I wasn´t satisfied the way I used to be.
I kinda felt restricted on the pitch, don´t know, hard to explain.
Even there is a lot I like about the gameplay.

Switched back to FIFA and I gotta say that offline this game is a pure joy to me.
I set speed on slow (even I wish it was a little slower) and everything else on default.
But then I must say, that offline I feel like I can command the game speed.
I can try a calm and slow build up and when I think I gotta do a quick counter attack, then I speed it up by the playing style.

Played CM yesterday for hours and didn´t get tired of it.
I love the depth in the CM a lot more than in the ML of PES.
How players wanna negotiate about their wages, all the stuff with transfers that happen around you, those reports about other teams, the scouts and everything make me feel like I´m really in the middle of the Bundesliga.

Started with 1860 Munich in the second division, brought them up in the first division and keep myself positioned between 5th and 9th.

Financials are very low and I struggle to find good players that I can pay. Got a few on loan but I love that challenge.

Every game feels different and I feel different tactics from the CPU on each team I play against. Also it feels real from the results as I have games with 0:0, 1:0,0:1,3:0 etc...
Playing against Bayern Munich is a real struggle compared to...I don´t know, Hertha BSC for example.

There is a lot of stuff that I dislike (Player models, random replays in game etc) but in comparison I have the feeling that this game brings me a lot closer to real football and a big reason for this is the very good ball physics imho.
Specially after watching a real match on sky or whatever.

Anyways, each to their own.
I wouldn´t say that any game is a "joke". Rather, that each got positives and negatives and it´s about the people to decide what they wannna play.

But imo, FIFA 15 (PC) made a big step in gameplay and I really hope they keep building on that.

Last edited:
I´ve played PES a few games and came back to FIFA and felt it slighty the same way. Slightly!
But I played it online and it seems that online it´s just rush and pace and pace and rush!

I´m quite done with it, online...FUT at least.

Then I kept on with my career mode and I gotta say that I enjoy it a lot and got used to the speed after a few games.

The reason I came back to FIFA was, that PES felt good - but after I kept playing and playing it - but somehow I wasn´t satisfied the way I used to be.
I kinda felt restricted on the pitch, don´t know, hard to explain.
Even there is a lot I like about the gameplay.

Switched back to FIFA and I gotta say that offline this game is a pure joy to me.
I set speed on slow (even I wish it was a little slower) and everything else on default.
But then I must say, that offline I feel like I can command the game speed.
I can try a calm and slow build up and when I think I gotta do a quick counter attack, then I speed it up by the playing style.

Played CM yesterday for hours and didn´t get tired of it.
I love the depth in the CM a lot more than in the ML of PES.
How players wanna negotiate about their wages, all the stuff with transfers that happen around you, those reports about other teams, the scouts and everything make me feel like I´m really in the middle of the Bundesliga.

Started with 1860 Munich in the second division, brought them up in the first division and keep myself positioned between 5th and 9th.

Financials are very low and I struggle to find good players that I can pay. Got a few on loan but I love that challenge.

Every game feels different and I feel different tactics from the CPU on each team I play against. Also it feels real from the results as I have games with 0:0, 1:0,0:1,3:0 etc...
Playing against Bayern Munich is a real struggle compared to...I don´t know, Hertha BSC for example.

There is a lot of stuff that I dislike (Player models, random replays in game etc) but in comparison I have the feeling that this game brings me a lot closer to real football and a big reason for this is the very good ball physics imho.
Specially after watching a real match on sky or whatever.

Anyways, each to their own.
I wouldn´t say that any game is a "joke". Rather, that each got positives and negatives and it´s about the people to decide what they wannna play.

But imo, FIFA 15 (PC) made a big step in gameplay and I really hope they keep building on that.

I'm feeling the same way - for the first time ever about a Fifa game. Playing PES 2015 ML, I find myself missing the depth of Fifa's CM and the real affinity I had with some of the players. The shooting, and varied goals is hard to not miss too.

What difficulty/settings are you finding best?

I´m on professional and almost everything on default.

Professional is enough challenge for me at the moment tbo.

Also I haven´t touched the sliders yet.
Maybe I´ll try them but I´m not upset with the CPU or something.

The only thing that bugs me a little is, that I feel like that the instructions in the tactics menu don´t really have an effect.
For example I told my wing defenders and my CDM to stay back, but often I find them too deep in the front.

The only thing that bugs me a little is, that I feel like that the instructions in the tactics menu don´t really have an effect.
For example I told my wing defenders and my CDM to stay back, but often I find them too deep in the front.
That depends on your d-pad tactics, which are really improved in effectiveness this year, one of the more under-appreciated improvements. Park the bus and all players will come back to help; all out attack and your players will flood the CPU half. You have to take that into consideration.

That depends on your d-pad tactics, which are really improved in effectiveness this year, one of the more under-appreciated improvements. Park the bus and all players will come back to help; all out attack and your players will flood the CPU half. You have to take that into consideration.

Well those tactics work quite well, I gotta say.

But I´m atalking about the standard tactics and the individual instructions to each player.
For example, I have set "stay back when attacking" to my CDM, but anyway I find him often way too high up front when I play an attack.
Do you feel an effect there?

But I´m atalking about the standard tactics and the individual instructions to each player.
For example, I have set "stay back when attacking" to my CDM, but anyway I find him often way too high up front when I play an attack.
I can't say one way or the other, I would have to test that specifically. Something you might want to try: CBs in the game are programmed by default to stay back at midfield when their team is in the attacking zone. Maybe switch to a 5 back formation, RB LB and 3 CBs. Assign your DMF as the middle CB, then use the custom formation editor to move his positioning forward. There's a good chance he'll hang back on attacks after that. I generally have up to a dozen different custom formations I use and switch to, depending on the style of game I want my players to play.

EDIT: Just checked the in-game formation editor and I see EA removed some of those options this year. I was unaware as I have the PC version and use rinaldo's editors to do all my player, formation and tactics editing. Those positional edits are still possible this year using CM 15 for example. Can also change player work rates with the editor, another thing one can't do in-game either.

Last edited:
Okay, I can accept that. No problems.

I've been playing PES 2015 for a few days. Last night, I went back to FIFA 15 for the first time in a week. I was floored by how fast it was in comparison. But all I did was lower the speed/accel sliders down until it matched the speed of default PES. Not an issue, nothing ridiculous about it, just takes a few seconds to customize to your style.

This is actually a pretty spot-on comment about both games and their major flaw. Me though, I see this stuff as a challenge, not a wtf problem. With PES for example, I'm busy lowering shot ratings and raising GK ratings. Game plays 100% better now. Did the same with FIFA for weeks and was able to turn that game into a solid football sim as well, no more up and down mindless 5-a-side.

thing is though i dont really like changing sliders etc as fact is when you go online evyerthing becomes default speed again.

Its funny i was really enjoyng my cm in fifa also but really after playing pes the gameplay felt very simplistic and kinda fake, hard to explain....yet before playing pes i was enjoying fifa a lot and could see minimal faults in it.

I dont think changing speeds is an option for me as i like to go online and then u have to readjust your brain again!

However, though fifa is ok pes seems to lag and play like -1,-2 online anyway lol..but its fifa thats the issue speed wise.

Though it wasnt an issue before i got pes lol.

Maybe 1-2 games to readjust the brain is all thats cool..but it really actually felt comedic the first game i played after pes...it was like one of them charlie chaplin movies all sped up or something..it literally didnt feel real but was like some joke..

Maybe 1-2 games to readjust the brain is all thats cool..but it really actually felt comedic the first game i played after pes...it was like one of them charlie chaplin movies all sped up or something..it literally didnt feel real but was like some joke..
Exactly what happened to me. I played FIFA 15 for a month and was enjoying it, the game felt pretty good. This past week all I played was PES 2015. Last night I fired up FIFA 15 for the first time in days and... holy crap, it was a shock, players running around at twice the speed of PES, just comically fast. Instantly paused the game and lowered the speed and accel sliders 15 points each.

Well those tactics work quite well, I gotta say.

CDM's racing forward despite telling them not to grinds my gears, I can't seem to find a fix for this

CDM's racing forward despite telling them not to grinds my gears, I can't seem to find a fix for this

I remember noticing there was instructions for some players that contradicted each other. Double check though. I Set them both to stay back. I think it happened with a CB when I noticed it.

Has to do with a variety of settings, including player attack/defend work rate, d-pad tactics, and line height and line length sliders. Set those sliders at 0 and 0 for example and watch your defenders hang back when attacking.regardless, I noticed the DMF tends to "float," moving forwards and backwards a lot. But he can and does stay put back at midfield for long stretches.

4-3-3 formation with a DMF in the middle, I'm the one on the attack (screen 1). You can see the positioning of my DMF in both screens circled in red:

dmf_zps96992d64.jpg

Last edited:
Exactly what happened to me. I played FIFA 15 for a month and was enjoying it, the game felt pretty good. This past week all I played was PES 2015. Last night I fired up FIFA 15 for the first time in days and... holy crap, it was a shock, players running around at twice the speed of PES, just comically fast. Instantly paused the game and lowered the speed and accel sliders 15 points each.

i always struggled with this, pes speed feel right on 0 or -1 but when emulated in fifa it was like the players are running in glue..strange but pes feels better slow

Back
Top Bottom