[Pc] PES 2015 input lag

flokiman

Premiership
12 January 2012
Input lag on PES 2015 pc exists.
But exists due to V-sync.
If you disable V-sync and let the framerate to be unlimited (mine reach 800FPS) the input lag is ZERO!

How did i check that?
Well go to Free Training Mode-->Free kick
Then a single ball (without player) is appeared in an empty pitch.
You can move the ball freely to spot the exact point from where you wish the free kick to be executed.
Moving the ball aroung with V-sync and without V-sync IS A HUGE DIFFERNCE.
Without v-sync there is ZERO input lag
But with v-sync there is about half second input lag.
Check for yourself.

The BAD news is that without V-sync the game stutters a lot.

So choose:
Smooth gameplay with input lag?
Or choppy gameplay with zero input lag?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: [Pc] PES 2015 input lag Solution 100%!!!

there must be a setting (maybe frame rate limiter & v-sync off) or something that can remove stutter and solve the input lag problem

I tried it, but i didn't work

The most lucky people are those who have an 120HZ monitor.
Because with v-sync at 120 the is almost no lag.

I enabled triple buffering and it removed the stuttering.

You mean you have no Vsync, and you have also no stuttering?
Also what graphic card do you have?

Last edited:

You are right
in training mode it's very noticeable , much better responsiveness
maybe cause "no crowd" or vsync , I don't know , let's found

Last edited:

You mean you have no Vsync, and you have also no stuttering?
Also what graphic card do you have?

Yep, these are my settings, I have a 660m which is pretty mediocre but it runs it smooth. For the record I had very poor performance before tinkering with these.

Ignore that it says PES2014 as the profile, that's just cos its easier than creating a new one.

PES.jpg

But you and 60 fps limit. This is a manual V-sync.
Thus you have input lag!

Thanks terierJim, i tired your nvidea settings and the game has changed so much for the better. I knew before this IS the PS4 gameplay and it's now 100% proven without any doubts.

Game has become easier and more enjoyable, i can actually defend now, before defending was near fucking impossible, the AI don't cheat anymore either which is wonderful.

My Framerate is 290-412 frames per secound. The game is running a lot quicker and there is no response lag or any lag whatsoever. Issue that i'm having now is screen tearing. Not sure what to do to solve that do i have to use windowed mode?:(

I'm using 1920x1080

Last edited:

got 740m here, vsync and triple buffering enabled via nvidia inspector. games run smooth, no screen tearing and no input lag either. input lag only happen during online play.

Thanks terierJim, i tired your nvidea settings and the game has changed so much for the better. I knew before this IS the PS4 gameplay and it's now 100% proven without any doubts.

Game has become easier and more enjoyable, i can actually defend now, before defending was near fucking impossible, the AI don't cheat anymore either which is wonderful.

My Framerate is 290-412 frames per secound. The game is running a lot quicker and there is no response lag or any lag whatsoever. Issue that i'm having now is screen tearing. Not sure what to do to solve that do i have to use windowed mode?:(

klash, have you try to adjust your monitor refresh rate?

Last edited:

I'm with Radeon HD 5750 if that is V-sync :

f45a5454_o.jpeg

it does not help, lag is a fact even after if it is off, but the crowd is gone :SHOCK:

Last edited:

got 740m here, vsync and triple buffering enabled via nvidia inspector. games run smooth, no screen tearing and no input lag either. input lag only happen during online play.

klash, have you try to adjust your monitor refresh rate?
Its at 60hz

Not such if playing around with pre rendered frames would help

vsync off means no input lag for me but lots of screen tearing :(

tried limitting to 60fps but there is still significant screen tearing

Using RadeonPro here. Should v-sync be on or off? And is it worth tweaking any settings other than that? R9 280 and 2500k here.

EDIT: Disregard. Quicker + smoother with it ON for me.

Last edited:

It's so stupid that animation frames are depended on FPS in PES 2015. Which means, the less FPS you have, the more unresponsive the game will feel. You can see the difference if you are moving on training and then you are moving on a match. It happens because of a shitty port. Fuck KONAMI!

Input lag on PES 2015 pc exists.
But exists due to V-sync.
If you disable V-sync and let the framerate to be unlimited (mine reach 800FPS) the input lag is ZERO!

How did i check that?
Well go to Free Training Mode-->Free kick
Then a single ball (without player) is appeared in an empty pitch.
You can move the ball freely to spot the exact point from where you wish the free kick to be executed.
Moving the ball aroung with V-sync and without V-sync IS A HUGE DIFFERNCE.
Without v-sync there is ZERO input lag
But with v-sync there is about half second input lag.
Check for yourself.

The BAD news is that without V-sync the game stutters a lot.

So choose:
Smooth gameplay with input lag?
Or choppy gameplay with zero input lag?

WTF

Smooth gameplay or choppy gameplay?

seriously, you tested in an empty stadium and convinced yourself that was the answer, sorry, if you need to find a fix for dodgy graphics or input lag or other laggy performance in any way you find it with the graphics on a basic max.

IE;- max res no aa or af, v-sync off and all background programs and services turned off.
that is a basic max.

I have an old cpu with old gpu and 4gb ram, i suffer no input lag play at 1920 on a 42" tv, not bragging or gloating, but im gonna say the folks that are complaining are the guys that have little or no pc experience, didnt suffer the indignity of win3.1 or win 98 or getting a grip on win xp where optimizing your system actually counted for something.

Ok, some suggestions, go to blackvipers website and set the minimum services for your required use.
more than one hard drive? do the right thing with your swapfile.
Disable/uninstall all un used/unneeded windows programs or services.

Turn off any av or additional firewall software.

Basically get your computer to be running the bare bones, then try it, im pretty sure an optimized system will deliver a 100% game that will be enjoyed by all and there will be no complaints about input lag or crappy performance, im sure it isnt the game moreover it is peoples systems that is the real problem.

Old systems shouldnt and wouldnt be able to run the game smooth and fluid if it was the game that was a fault, yet i have seen many posts of people with old systems saying they have no lag or the game works fine for them.

Guys, seriously, a little effort, a little search on win optimization and you will find answers, something as simple as a windows startup tweak, you may think nothing of it, then you search it an find it, then find in a couple of mouse clicks can save 25 seconds on windows boot, it all counts, the changes made that improve the boot may also have a little influence on the piss poor graphics or the laggy game you are playing!

As an add on, i used to race online a lot, gtr evo mostly, the biggest cause of lag in that game was the adservers, they were served up to steam by a seperate company to steam, if you blocked their ip in your firewall it was like playing a different game, the lag totally disappeared, as in the game ran perfect and smooth even with old hardware.

Check it out, look up who is serving the ingame adds, block their ip block.

Ok that is a long post, there is a lot to think about, but to outright blame the game just doesnt make sense especially when more that one person is saying the game is running smooth for them, there has to be more to it, a poorly configured or just a system left to default install settings can be the be all and end all, it will ruin what should be a fun and entertaining experience.

Edit:- that is a long, patronising post, but it is born from years of experience and lots of trial and error over the years, from dune, to quake to unreal and their siblings, you know when it was a pc pricebomb, you had to get the best out of your system as you possibly could, a 2 year old system then was dead in the water, today it could swim comfortably with the latest and greatest.

Be sure your system is performing the best it can before you jump on the game and slate it like the game is fucked up when it obviously isnt.

AND YES THAT GOES FOR THE SO CALLED EXPERTS.

the pros that condone editing the game cause the left back wont go forward like he should or they expect, so it must be a game fault, nope, that is a formation fault not the games.

Sorry for the long post and edit!

Last edited:

Just blame Konami for the shitty port we got for PC. If there wasn't a strong community like this to help each other out, PES 2015 would go in ruins. They have to listen to us and give attention to PC users.

Yep, these are my settings, I have a 660m which is pretty mediocre but it runs it smooth. For the record I had very poor performance before tinkering with these.

Ignore that it says PES2014 as the profile, that's just cos its easier than creating a new one.

PES.jpg
how to get pes 2014 profile in nvidia inspector?

Be sure your system is performing the best it can before you jump on the game and slate it like the game is fucked up when it obviously isnt.
I agree to some extent. I also find that an 'older' PC in a good state can do wonders, better than a 'newer' one not looked after by anyone.

I, for one, tried the demo and found it extremely choppy myself (and on an i7 CPU, although from 2008, and a R9 270x video card it shouldn't be accepted). The first thing I asked myself was "is the PC really OK?" and I found the solutions were, simply, drivers for the GPU.
Since I installed 14.11 beta drivers I haven't had a single stutter anymore.

I feel that it's unfair that console people only have to put the disc in and play and everything is already optimized for them while PC people should go through the pain to optimize each and every game by their own, but that's it: a good optimization does wonders (even if it's frustrating).

Anti aliasing is choosen then you have no crowd, turn it off
Is this just an AMD thing? I've enabled 8xMSAA + 8xSGSSAA in Nvidia Inspector and have no issues with the crowd.
Play in windowed mode with Windows Aero Theme turned on.
I might be wrong but Windows Aero is vsynced so the game is still using vsync when running the game in windowed mode.

I might be wrong but Windows Aero is vsynced so the game is still using vsync when running the game in windowed mode.

The two processes are different. Best explanation I found:

"Actually, the reason Aero can prevent tearing without having to force VSYNC on in an application is because it is a compositing window manager. It draws the desktop and all windows asynchronously with respect to any running application.

That is to say, when you enable compositing in Windows Vista / 7 (it is always enabled in Windows 8), it will draw all of the windows using a copy of the last image that was swapped from back to front. The compositor (Microsoft calls it DWM, Desktop Window Manager) composites everything with VSYNC enabled, and because it draws using a copy of the last fully-swapped front buffer image for each window it never displays partially drawn frames. It does, however, have an unfortunate side effect of preventing really old software that was designed to draw into the front buffer exclusively from working correctly - but modern software does not do this.

In a nutshell, the DWM adds an additional layer of protection against tearing. One that will allow any application running on the system to draw at a rate irrespective of the display's refresh rate and still prevent tearing. On such a system, in windowed mode the only thing enabling VSYNC in OpenGL or Direct3D is good for is actually throttling back CPU/GPU utilization.

This is why adaptive VSYNC was created, the idea there is not to penalize applications that cannot sustain the display's refresh rate by forcing them into a lower factor of the refresh rate (e.g. 60 Hz --> 30, 20, 15, 10, 12, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1) but to limit applications that are drawing faster than the monitor can display images from using an excessive amount of CPU / GPU power."

The ultimate experience (if you can get it to run smoothly on your system) is to play in Windowed mode, with Aero, and Vsync Off. Then use a frame limiter of say 120 to actually throttle back CPU/GPU utilization (prevents overworking the CPU/GPU which leads to stutter).

Back
Top Bottom