Football Manager 2012

bsmaff

International
11 August 2003
Hertfordshire
Exeter City
The award-winning Football Manager series has now sold in excess of 7 million copies worldwide and has topped the UK and many European PC charts for the last seven years, with over 108 weeks at no.1 in the UK to date.

“We’re delighted to finally be able to start talking about Football Manager 2012” said Miles Jacobson, Studio Director at Sports Interactive. “It’s another year of evolution, with some revolution thrown in for good measure so we’re pretty sure our dedicated communities, and hopefully lots of new people too, get to play and enjoy the game when it’s released later in the year.”

Counting over 800 new features, not including changes to the rules of the games 50+ leagues, Football Manager 2012 promises to be the most realistic, immersive and playable football management simulation ever for any fan who has ever dreamed of making the big decisions, both on and off the field.

Key new & improved features for Football Manager 2012:

Transfers & Contracts – significant changes to the transfer and contract systems, including loyalty bonuses, better implementation of amateur and youth contracts, an improved transfer centre and the ability to lock areas of the contract negotiation when you aren't prepared to budge. This helps you to manage your budgets and gives you flexibility in what you offer money hungry players, or agents, as incentives.

Scouting improvements – using several real life scouting reports, a new in-game report has been devised which includes squad analysis, tactics information and information about goals scored and conceded alongside lots of other scouting improvements, giving you all the information you need to prepare before kick-off and throughout the season.

3D Match Improvements – new animations, a whole new crowd system, improved weather system, more stadiums, plus two brand new cameras - "Behind Goal" and "Director Cam" as well as all other camera angles being reversible - meaning you can watch and analyse every aspect of every game.

Manage Anywhere, Anytime – the ability to add or take away playable nations in your saved game as often as you want. Manage in that country at the start of the next season- meaning you don’t have to stay in the nations which are chosen by you to be playable at the start of your career.

Tone – a whole new level has been added to team talks and conversations, with the new tone system, which allows you to specify the way you want to say things – be as cool as a cucumber by saying things calmly or throw tea cups around by saying things with passion. There are 6 different tones to choose from with specific comments per tone.

Intelligent Interface – a new adaptive layout system, which means the higher your screen resolution, the more info is easily at your fingertips. The new interface also contains new filters, customisable columns, a new tactics screen, and lots of new overview screens.

Brand New Tutorial – standing separate from the main game, a mode to help new players find their way around the game easily, whilst also offering tips to experienced managers on how to get the most out of the game, as well as a new in-game “how to” system.

On top of these key innovations, there are lots of areas of the game that have had huge improvements, such as the media system, press conferences, the youth system, newgens, the social networking options, friendlies, international management and many more which will be detailed in a series of video blogs over the coming months, alongside more information about Football Manager 2012.

I debated starting another thread since I think I "own" everything Football Manager related around here. But I didn't. The blogs have started up on the official site. Sorry I can't link since I don't have access to that site at work. Maybe I'll link when I get home later today.

Nice i played fm since 2005 i think, a regular since then, :d i`m curious about this new one and how the feeling is.

I tweeted to Miles Jacobson and he said there are talks to put FM2012 on OnLive, meaning we can play with more leagues and max settings for 3d matches!

No, they're only releasing it through steam. As for the retail game, to activate it you must have steam.

Last edited:
tried it a bit last night, jsut did a couple of friendlies with Arsenal.

Really like the layout and how important stats are more prominant and easy to see.

Have noticed a bug though, I tried to buy Tevez offer was accepted but I couldn't agree on terms with his agent, the deal falls through. Then there is a story that Tevez sacks agent because of the break down in talks with Arsenal. So I try to sign him again and the same agent pops up in negotiations and wont budge. Then another story comes out saying Tevez has sacked him again. So I waited a bit and then tried to buy him and the same thing happened again....with the same story afterwards with Tevez sacking him.

So he never gets sacked, even though it says he did :ROLL: annoying! would have loved to have Van Persie and Tevez up front :DD

Really liking all of the different things you can say to the team and individual players aswell, before, during and after the match.

Need to play alot more of it obviously, but I am liking the changes I have noticed.

I used to be able to add:

<key>LSUIPresentationMode</key>

<integer>4</integer>

into the contents package of FM2011 to get it to run windowed and hide the dock and top bar when it was selected. Now I HAVE to use Steam it's fucked it all up, don't know how to get it back to how I want it :((.

I hope the changes in scouting make it harder to know how good players are going to be unless you scout them for a while. Potential ability being so spot on (i.e it never fluctuates from game to game and is constant) is one thing that has always bugged me about the game, making it all too easy to know 100% how good players are going to be in 5 years time without even having to get your scouts to watch them play for a substantial period of time.

Edit: The changes sound like they're only going to affect scouting teams before matches. Damn.

Last edited:
I've decided to be Nottingham Forest :)). Smashed everyone, including Celtic, in friendlies. P2 D2 in the Championship so far. Thought we played well in the 2nd game at home to Bristol City, and had a good 1-0 lead, but they equalised in the 91st minute. Assistant manager said it was a poor performance and we should let the players know our thoughts, but I thought we played well though so said in a calm voice "there were a lot of positives out there, well done" or something like that, and the players looked disinterested? Hmm weird. I do like the new Tone feature though, makes team talks more interesting and even more important.

Back
Top Bottom