Heavy Rain - PS3

Saw a cut/paste block of text taken from the IGN review and after reading thought it was worth posting here. no spoilers here. just a brief outline of what to expect - basically 'this game will be slow to start and then pick up'

"February 10, 2010 - If you're planning on skipping the bulk of this text and heading straight to the review score to decide whether or not you should play through Heavy Rain, just know this: the game starts slow. It'll take you a couple hours to get into the meat of the experience and for things to really pick up, but once it does, you'll be on the edge of your seat until the end and you won't want to put the controller down. In other words, if you stick with it, Heavy Rain will give you a ride like you rarely see in games. "

Saw a cut/paste block of text taken from the IGN review and after reading thought it was worth posting here. no spoilers here. just a brief outline of what to expect - basically 'this game will be slow to start and then pick up'

Definetely not a game for kids or young age button smasher gamers. From all that i read from the reviews the game is very dense and emotional, surely those are aspects much more turned to mature gamers.

I don't want to read anything about it right now. I know how the game is, how it will play and which kind of mature gamer is supposedly going to play it: us.

Knowing all this, I don't need any other info. Just the game. 2 weeks left.

I want this bastard game

Just sounds like my kinda game this does and that review piece make it even worse

I should have bought my mates PS3 on the cheap the other day

I want this bastard game

Just sounds like my kinda game this does and that review piece make it even worse

I should have bought my mates PS3 on the cheap the other day

Buying a PS3 for Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, Little Big Planet, Demon´s Souls and God of War 3 worth your money, mate! And you´ll also have a great Blueray player.

^ Totally agreed, specially the Little Big Planet and Demon's soul part, because you can't play anything remotely related to those games out of a ps3.

165075417v12_225x225_Front.jpg

Here you go Matherto mate :))

Tbh I can understand where he is coming from. I mean the graphics are pretty underwhelming when you consider the detail and scale of Uncharted and what this has shown so far. An Alley, corridor and room and a grass field with a couple of cars. And none have any pop to the texturing/lighting to make it "movielike". The facial expressions are good, but not so much better than uncharted that it would explain the rest of the drab looks.

Buying a PS3 for Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, Little Big Planet, Demon´s Souls and God of War 3 worth your money, mate! And you´ll also have a great Blueray player.

^ Totally agreed, specially the Little Big Planet and Demon's soul part, because you can't play anything remotely related to those games out of a ps3.

All i am interested in is Gran Turismo 5 and Heavy Rain. I would give Uncharted 2 a try because i have heard alot of good things about it though

LBP, Demon Souls and God of War 3 aint a kind of games i'm into at all and i dont want or need a Bluray player :)

If i didn't have a 360 i would get a PS3 in a shot but like i have said before the 360 does all i need it to do but all its missing is 2 PS3 exclusives

KEEP AWAY FROM HEAVY RAIN FORUMS!

Someone has completed the game (promo copy) and gone around forums like IGN and Gamespot posting who the killer is along with loads of other spoilers :BRICK:

I'm surprised they even let reviews come out as early as they did, I understand the need to build hype but with a game like this it will really ruin your experience.

Lucky for me I'm not reading any forums or reviews because it would totally spoil the experience this game has to offer.

My special edition (£40) from hmv has been posted today, I bet it won't arrive until Friday though.

I got to play the demo this weekend and its a fantastic game

At points you dont seem to be doing much but that means your totally glued to what's going off so you dont miss any commands that should pop up

Its like a interactive film and the trailer after the demo makes it look even more like a film

YouTube - Heavy Rain PS3 trailer

says 2-5 days, i'm off work until wednesday then working thursday to saturday so no doubt it'll turn up thursday at the earliest

Back
Top Bottom