PES 5 with lowered agility & game speed = Still the best

El Pajaro

Championship
14 May 2008
Check out this gameplay vid that I made... it has the Legends Patch installed with my own Italy 1990 World Cup mod on top of that.

That's not the point... but see what grossly reduced agility and game speed does to the game. The "flow" is almost "real". I have also made all defender abilites extremely high so it's really hard to get any real scoring chances... the CPU defends really well and you're able to "shut down" as well, when you want to defend your lead. Not many scripted goals and all that crap you see on newer PES games.

If you want arcade games with a lot of fancy goals... long distance shots going in with insane percentage, etc. then play PES 2013 or FIFA... but if you want a football simulation, choose PES5, WE9 / LE or PES6. When it comes to pure gameplay, these games are still the highest point of football gaming.

Lowered agility makes it very challenging to keep possession of the ball when you receive a pass near the penalty area. I made global changes with the PES editor.

I also reduced the shot accuracy globally and used the camera angle modifier to get the real "wide" view.

I'm not a great player at all... au contrary, I play from keyboard by the way... but even I'm able to win pretty easily in all new PES games. PES5 is different... it still kicks my ass after all these years.

PS: Check out the game tying goal by Maradona from 25 min, 30 secs. :)

YouTube - PES5 Italy World Cup Mod Full Game Brazil-Argentina

Last edited:
great game, i do agree i think pes 5 and 6 are still some of the best PC footie games ever made i was tempted to get pes 2013 on PC but i dont wanna pay the high £ price at the moment and will wait for a price drop

In your pes5 zoom tool you can choose option to fix stadium clipping so your stadium's upper tribune wont vanish

Also,here you have few stadiums with much better grass look,just put them in kitserver/GDB stadiums folder.
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e4zdrezbfftmoei

Here is just a little preview of WE9LE game so u can see how much better game looks with new stadiums,,,I cannot reupload whole matxch since my uplaod speed is shit and it takes ages to uplaod it to u tube

YouTube - we9le

Last edited:
In your pes5 zoom tool you can choose option to fix stadium clipping so your stadium's upper tribune wont vanish

I tried that but it caused "blinking". Perhaps I used wrong values. What value do you use on yours?

Also,here you have few stadiums with much better grass look,just put them in kitserver/GDB stadiums folder.
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e4zdrezbfftmoei

Yeah... this is the Legends Patch and it could really use some new stadiums. Getting rid of the KONAMI ads would be cool too.

I put my camera zoom to 790 and check fix stadium clipping.And thats it...

You can see in your video that your upper tribune turns black sometimes,,,you fix that bug with checking "fix stadium clipping" option in your pes5 zoom tool...
I dont play pes5, i play only we9le,its better for me

I have World Cup 2006 mod on my WE9.

YouTube - WE9/PES5 World Cup 2006 Mod

I like the standard WE9 better than the LE version because the stricter referees make it more authentic... at least it suits my style of playing. I recall LE has refs like PES5... they don't whistle as eagerly.

I could be wrong though... it's been a while since I've played it. What, in your opinion, are the advantages over the standard WE9?

Last edited:
meant to ask has anyone come across any 2012-13 season patches for pes5? would be cool if anyone has seen

Check out this gameplay vid that I made... it has the Legends Patch installed with my own Italy 1990 World Cup mod on top of that.

That's not the point... but see what grossly reduced agility and game speed does to the game. The "flow" is almost "real". I have also made all defender abilites extremely high so it's really hard to get any real scoring chances... the CPU defends really well and you're able to "shut down" as well, when you want to defend your lead. Not many scripted goals and all that crap you see on newer PES games.

If you want arcade games with a lot of fancy goals... long distance shots going in with insane percentage, etc. then play PES 2013 or FIFA... but if you want a football simulation, choose PES5, WE9 / LE or PES6. When it comes to pure gameplay, these games are still the highest point of football gaming.

Lowered agility makes it very challenging to keep possession of the ball when you receive a pass near the penalty area. I made global changes with the PES editor.

I also reduced the shot accuracy globally and used the camera angle modifier to get the real "wide" view.

I'm not a great player at all... au contrary, I play from keyboard by the way... but even I'm able to win pretty easily in all new PES games. PES5 is different... it still kicks my ass after all these years.

Hi,

I have enjoyed reading your post. Can i ask, does lowering the agility rating make it harder for you against cpu? What level do you play on, 5 or 6 stars?

The reason i ask is that i am doing an option file (not patch), and i am trying to make it harder against the cpu. Here is a link to the thread,which shows some changes i have made.

http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=70041

Thanks ;)

Lowering the agility, imho, makes the game look much more realistic. I mean... look at real football games... do the players make 360 degree turns in one millisecond? No... lowering the agility slows down the player movements and definitely makes it tougher in the offensive zone as well. It's more difficult to make fancy moves all around.

In my opinion, it makes it more difficult. Give it a shot with a PESFan Editor. Reduce it globally -30 or -40 and see how it affects the gameplay. I also recommend reducing the top speed globally.

Ok thanks i will try it.

I have done a lot of global stat changes on my OF, like reduce top speed, acc, long and short pass speed. I also increased the team work stat to make the cpu better at passing and positioning.

What i was worried about though is will reducing the ability stat affect the cpu's ability too? Will it make them less effective when attacking?

Anyways i will try and see what it does.

Thanks for the info, it's really good that people like yourself are trying to improve this already fantastic game. :APPLAUD:

Hi El Pajaro,

I hope you don't mind but i have implemented your idea regarding reduced Agility on my OF.

The game does 'feel' different.:APPLAUD:

Here is a link to the thread, check post 205 for some positive feed back regarding the adjustment https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/70041/page-7

I have also given thanks to you in post 2 of the same thread.

Thanks for the info :))

You're welcome.

Unrealistic agility (players' ability turn 360 degrees) is screwed in all hockey simulators too.

NHL04 Rebuilt 2013 is a big community (same kind of classic game as PES5/6 and still popular) and the mod is using lowered agility as well. It's a common gameplay tweak to reduce the "arcadism".
http://z15.invisionfree.com/NHL04Rebuilt/index.php?showtopic=1&st=0

Original PES5 gamespeed is too fast as well...

I mean... isn't it blatantly obvious? Watch real football and then watch the unmodified video game. The difference is ridiculously apparent... the pace is just too fast and reducing the top speed affects that positively... and this way you can make some "special tweaks" and give the four, five really fast players much bigger edge which don't come up well enough with the default settings.

The problem with video game companies is that they want to maintain the "fun" with these games. "Fun" means arcade elements in English. If you're looking for as genuine representation of real football as possible, your job is to remove these arcade elements. For me realism means fun... but it might be "boring" for the masses... kids just want to score constant superhuman goals with Messi and Ronaldo. Though I'm the first one to admit FIFA 2001 was fun back in its day... you were able to score every time Batistuta or Shearer got the ball... end results like 12-10... but that had little to do with the sport of football.

What I find weird is that people in the modding communities often obsess over the individual player stats a lot and don't try to fix the fundamental issues in the game, which are MUCH more important. It's very possible to change the gameplay quite radically through the global attribute changes. You can't turn bad game into a good one though... God knows I tried with PES 2010 and 2011... but then I gave up with arcade crap and came back to PES5/WE9. Actually after I found the PES5 camerachanger I realized that the newer titles have almost ZERO elements that I miss at all.

Graphics and fancy cyberfaces don't mean SQUAT... it's the gameplay that matters.

Last edited:
You're welcome.

Unrealistic agility (players' ability turn 360 degrees) is screwed in all hockey simulators too.

NHL04 Rebuilt 2013 is a big community (same kind of classic game as PES5/6 and still popular) and the mod is using lowered agility as well. It's a common gameplay tweak to reduce the "arcadism".
http://z15.invisionfree.com/NHL04Rebuilt/index.php?showtopic=1&st=0

Original PES5 gamespeed is too fast as well...

I mean... isn't it blatantly obvious? Watch real football and then watch the unmodified video game. The difference is ridiculously apparent... the pace is just too fast and reducing the top speed affects that positively... and this way you can make some "special tweaks" and give the four, five really fast players much bigger edge which don't come up well enough with the default settings.

The problem with video game companies is that they want to maintain the "fun" with these games. "Fun" means arcade elements in English. If you're looking for as genuine representation of real football as possible, your job is to remove these arcade elements. For me realism means fun... but it might be "boring" for the masses... kids just want to score constant superhuman goals with Messi and Ronaldo. Though I'm the first one to admit FIFA 2001 was fun back in its day... you were able to score every time Batistuta or Shearer got the ball... end results like 12-10... but that had little to do with the sport of football.

What I find weird is that people in the modding communities often obsess over the individual player stats a lot and don't try to fix the fundamental issues in the game, which are MUCH more important. It's very possible to change the gameplay quite radically through the global attribute changes. You can't turn bad game into a good one though... God knows I tried with PES 2010 and 2011... but then I gave up with arcade crap and came back to PES5/WE9. Actually after I found the PES5 camerachanger I realized that the newer titles have almost ZERO elements that I miss at all.

Graphics and fancy cyberfaces don't mean SQUAT... it's the gameplay that matters.

Thanks El Pajaro, I couldn't agree more. Every year I buy all the new football games but I am always dissapointed. So I decided to update PES5 and try to make it more challenging.

Have you played PES5 on PC and ps2? If so, have you noticed that the ps2 version is slightly harder than the PC version?

I have World Cup 2006 mod on my WE9.

YouTube - WE9/PES5 World Cup 2006 Mod

I like the standard WE9 better than the LE version because the stricter referees make it more authentic... at least it suits my style of playing. I recall LE has refs like PES5... they don't whistle as eagerly.

I could be wrong though... it's been a while since I've played it. What, in your opinion, are the advantages over the standard WE9?
What are your global stat changes Pajaro? I'm still using an OF based on 2005/06 stock OF, gonna try your changes

Personally I still love PES 5 the best, despite its erratic passing/shooting behaviors at times and the superhuman AI closing down at the speed of light. Maybe I can try your stat changes to see if I can get a slower, lifelike pace

Last edited:
What are your global stat changes Pajaro? I'm still using an OF based on 2005/06 stock OF, gonna try your changes

Personally I still love PES 5 the best, despite its erratic passing/shooting behaviors at times and the superhuman AI closing down at the speed of light. Maybe I can try your stat changes to see if I can get a slower, lifelike pace

Global settings for all players (besides the goalies)

Agility: -40
Top Speed: -50

Shot accuracy is a taste thing. I think WE9 doesn't need tweaking because scoring & shooting is a bit harder but PES5 does... depends how much scoring you want.

With reduced shot accuracy you get lower scoring games... of course the comeback logic and scripted goals won't go away but there are less of them.

THEN... make individual tweaks for the fastest players (fastest in real life) and make them +20 or even +25 faster. Only the select few top players... not necessarily all teams have them. This was annoying with the default settings... you couldn't really beat a slow defender with your fastest forward.

I think I also increased the short pass accuracy and pass speed generally.

PS: WE9 is actually even more realistic than PES5 because there are more referee interceptions. PES5 refs are way too forgiving, imho.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Shot accuracy is a taste thing. I think WE9 doesn't need tweaking because scoring & shooting is a bit harder but PES5 does... depends how much scoring you want.

With reduced shot accuracy you get lower scoring games... of course the comeback logic and scripted goals won't go away but there are less of them.

THEN... make individual tweaks for the fastest players (fastest in real life) and make them +20 or even +25 faster. Only the select few top players... not necessarily all teams have them. This was annoying with the default settings... you couldn't really beat a slow defender with your fastest forward.

I think I also increased the short pass accuracy and pass speed generally.

PS: WE9 is actually even more realistic than PES5 because there are more referee interceptions. PES5 refs are way too forgiving, imho.

Good luck!
By "erratic" actually I meant that shooting and passing are hard and random. My Berbatov with an 88 shot accuracy, 1-on-1 with the GK can straight away putting the ball in row Z or the adboards no matter how I shoot. Passing is weird, sometimes a through pass across the goal will automatically land in the GK position despite ample space in front. I'll try your settings for a slower pace, but these errands IMHO are part of the game mechanics as they also happen in PES 6.

Yes, the shooting is somewhat erratic and random... even more so in PES6.

But think about it... that's exactly how the real players are... sometimes their close range shots actually DO go to the stands. There must be certain amount of sloppiness and randomness in the game engine, otherwise they'll become like robots and scoring becomes too easy.

PES5/WE9 isn't perfect but I doubt we'll ever see as genuine presentation of real football again. They really made a superb simulation back then.

The only thing I hate is the ridiculously fast, arcadeish penalty shootout. Real PK shootout is relatively slow-paced event... and full of suspense, fear and other elements that ALL football games fail to catch. It's just idiotic arcade event that goes by in one minute. I'd love to see at least the replays implemented to it.

Cheers.

The only thing I hate is the ridiculously fast, arcadeish penalty shootout. Real PK shootout is relatively slow-paced event... and full of suspense, fear and other elements that ALL football games fail to catch. It's just idiotic arcade event that goes by in one minute. I'd love to see at least the replays implemented to it.

I have to agree that the penalty shoot outs are a bit fast and lack suspense but only when i play the CPU. I have had some really suspense and nerve racking penalty shoot outs with my brother. After 90 mins and extra time i was literally shaking at pens.

i have now played a few games with your settings and i really like them, but i wonder if you could explain to which kind of players you do apply the speed boost and to which you don't. only the 95+ (top speed) guys, or also the 85+ guys who dribble alot like ribery, robben or maradona?

i see the need reflect players' strengths, but this way the speed boost players become really good, or straight unplayable in case of '06 henry/eto'o (i use WE9le default OF).

anyway i applaud your findings, they make for a very enjoyable game

Guys, have recently ditched PES 13 due to the broken ML and player development and scripting, and am trying out PES 5 on the PC with patches.

I have kitserver installed and have installed some balls and stadiums, but I need some help from you guys that have more experience with modding the PC versions of PES, as I usually play on PS3.

Where Can I get the tools for changing the agility of players in PES5, and the speed of the game? Any links that still work would be most appreciated.
Also is there a way to install scoreboards for PES5, if so again some links would be great.

Really appreciate the help and if I can repay the favour sometime then more than happy to do so.

Cheers

Guys, have recently ditched PES 13 due to the broken ML and player development and scripting, and am trying out PES 5 on the PC with patches.

I have kitserver installed and have installed some balls and stadiums, but I need some help from you guys that have more experience with modding the PC versions of PES, as I usually play on PS3.

Where Can I get the tools for changing the agility of players in PES5, and the speed of the game? Any links that still work would be most appreciated.
Also is there a way to install scoreboards for PES5, if so again some links would be great.

Really appreciate the help and if I can repay the favour sometime then more than happy to do so.

Cheers

Pesfan editor 5.08

pesfan5.png

download: http://www.mediafire.com/?x37ou9m9xxb2634

Check my signature. All PES5 utilities are there.

CameraChanger is a must... wide view really improves the game.

im giving this a shot, i cant get stadium sever to show up here is my kload config, i even reattached exe, i get balls and boots but no stadiums.. any help would be appreciated

# Loader configuration file

debug = 1
gdb.dir = ".\"

DLL.num = 16
DLL.0 = "kitserver\zlib1.dll"
DLL.1 = "kitserver\libpng13.dll"
DLL.2 = "kitserver\kserv.dll"
DLL.2 = "kitserver\kserv-shpal.dll"
DLL.3 = "kitserver\bserv.dll"
DLL.4 = "kitserver\fserv.dll"
DLL.5 = "kitserver\lodmixer.dll"
DLL.6 = "kitserver\stadium.dll"
DLL.7 = "kitserver\dxtools.dll"
DLL.7 = "kitserver\bootserv.dll"
DLL.8 = "kitserver\clock.dll"
DLL.10 = "kitserver\bzip2.dll"
DLL.11 = "kitserver\libarchive2.dll"
DLL.12 = "kitserver\libcurl.dll"
DLL.13 = "kitserver\network.dll"
DLL.15 = "kitserver\afs2fs.dll"
DLL.9 = "kitserver\speeder.dll"

# DirectX options
dx.force-SW-TnL = 0
dx.emulate-HW-TnL = 0
dx.fullscreen.width = 1920
dx.fullscreen.height = 1080

found this in the log

{KLOAD} Loading module "kitserver\stadium.dll" ...
{STADIUM} Attaching dll...
{KLOAD} Registering module STADIUM ("Stadium Server 5.4.0")
{KLOAD} ... was successful!

Last edited:
I don't quite get it. We can use speeder.dll in kitserver to modify the game speed. Why do you have to reduce top speed and agility to make the game flow slower El Parajo ?

I don't quite get it. We can use speeder.dll in kitserver to modify the game speed. Why do you have to reduce top speed and agility to make the game flow slower El Parajo ?

Hi Herald, fancy seeing you on this thread :P

I think the speed being reduced is good for those like myself who play on ps2 and can't use the speeder.dll thingy. The ability reduction makes the players more realistic so that they don't make really quick turns with the ball.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, El Pajaro :)

Back
Top Bottom