WEplayWE - Where the LEGEND of WE9LE Lives On...

Lately I´ve been playing only with Geee´s option file wich is great. I prefer a clean version of the game as it doesn´t give me any problems with kit servers and late crashes on the master league a couple years ahead.

So, does someone have a translated k_text.afs for this? I can only find this file in other patches, wich I don't wan't. Just need the clean we9le with nothing changed, except language of course. Thanks in advance.

I see but in that patch,
Is the exe file onlyva no dvd, or does it contain more changes related to the patch?
The k_text file is it just translation?
I ask this because I already have a clean We9le, just need translation.
Thanks

I'm not sure, but I think the translation is combined in a few files, not just one. But which ones, I don't really remember man. Sorry.

Yeah no problem. I already used the k_patch version one,and together with an option file, they pretty much translate everything. Maybe about 99% of the game, still haven´t seen any word in JAP so its enough for me.
My only problem is if the k_text from K_patch changes any other stuff like emblems or such.

Well, as far as I know, k_patch did nothing more than translations. But even if it did something more, it was very minor, so you can't get any "truer" than with that patch.

As for k_text, it could change the emblems, as this is the file you do it with.

Guess I´ll try and check team by team, to see if it changes anything. Thanks.

Another thing I would like to know. About WE9 and WE9LE. Could someone resume the main diference(s)?

Ok so I tried K_text.afs and an exe file from weplaywe and I can only see changes in competition logos and translation, wich means that they can be used to have the most clean english version of WE9LE.

Glad you worked it out, and that I remembered it correctly :P

xicpanad, are you using the k_patch_final's k_text? If so, just a heads up, there are two national teams which have been replaced to match the 2006 World Cup qualified teams back then. If my memory serves me correctly, they are Trinidad & Tobago and Togo. You need to rename them to the default ones through the exe.

Guys
I've just discovered this post a few hours ago and been trying to read most of it, although it's a little hard to catch up.

I'm going to ask this straight up. If this isn't allowed in here, please reply to me via PM if you can help.

Is there any way to get some kind of AIO (All In One) download with WE9LE with faces, stadium, and squads up to date?. I've searched but couldn't find, and I really don't know which is the right way to go, since I'm on square one here.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Thanks lazoli, I apreciate that. I´ll check that out, but right now I´m only worried about club slots.

For all of you, I wonder why no one never made a tactics thread here. Today I started messing up with CPU tactics and I was able to change the gameplay quite alot. In tactics screen, players are set up too far one from another. I put them closer, depending on the tactic, I move the defensive line up or down, change defensive arrows, etc. Results are quite good and help to raise the challenge. Also helps reducing the end to end action. Works better on 6 stars level, but I´m still testing and tuning.

For all of you, I wonder why no one never made a tactics thread here. Today I started messing up with CPU tactics and I was able to change the gameplay quite alot. In tactics screen, players are set up too far one from another. I put them closer, depending on the tactic, I move the defensive line up or down, change defensive arrows, etc. Results are quite good and help to raise the challenge. Also helps reducing the end to end action. Works better on 6 stars level, but I´m still testing and tuning

In my patch, I have already done something like that, put the defensive and offensive lines closer to the midfield. If you continue on experimenting with various tactics, please do start a new thread about PES5 games tactics, I would be interested.

Yes I think that is a must.
I´m currently testing mentality arrows, because they seem to have a huge impact and may even "destroy" the positioning on the pitch. I´ll try to fin a good balance and then post some news. One thing is for sure, tactics change the game dramatically. In one game I was constantly offside, in another I couldn´t even exploit the CPU defensive line, my only attempts where long crosses or long range shots.

I keep trying new stuff and I´m just struggling to find a good balance in top teams like Barça. In this engine its clearly impossible to mimic the real life tactics but at least I´m trying to achieve a great challenge. May main problem is making CPU teams more dangerous in attack, but I think I´m close to a good balance. Soon I´ll post news about this.

Also, I believe PES 5/WE9 allows us to store 8 preset tactics, maybe I can do 8 generic ones and then apply them to all teams, depending on how they play real life?

Damn, I wasn´t so busy in a soccer game since... well, since new gen games came along. This old thing is something isn´t it?

My main problem is making CPU teams more dangerous in attack

Yep, that's one of the problems I am also struggling with, CPU being too weak offensively.

BTW, could you please start a new thread about this? I think it would be much better than to have it lost in a thread which included various other topics.

Last edited:
do people still play we9le online and if so what do you guys play through?
Sure there are. Hard to find them, but there are.

As for where to play through. I don't know if russian servers are still operating, but if not, then our site (weplaywe.pl) is probably the only place in the world which allow you to do that. And thanks to one of our users (bugger93), and also angelzblood who hosts the server, we will be on the internet map till at least 2017. So if anyone wants to play, he has every means to do so for a long long time :)

I finally have some time to get back on track with this great game. As some of you might remember, I was trying to change some formations and recently I´ve ben testing a simple change. I always thought the CPU teams have some problems, like sometimes they don´t give a real challenge. So I went to edit mode and change some teams style to "All out attack". The result, a much harder team to beat, players are positioned up in the field and they keep an attacking mentality. They put lots of players up while attacking, and I also changed all defensive arrows to normal. That way all players will also have a defensive mentality. So, if you have the ball, pretty much all CPU players will get behind and try to get the ball, but as soon as they have possession, they move up and attack like a team. I like this because before, lots of CPU teams where defending only with the 4 defenders, and all the other players stayed still waiting for possession. It was too easy to get to the oponent´s deep half, and they always gave lots of space on the edge of the box, so most of my goals where long range shots. I played cup games on superstar level and still haven´t won a match.
I would like some of you guys would try this and tell me what you think, just to make sure this isn´t a bad idea or some placebo effect.

To sum up, is it like this?

Offensive arrows (and player placement) as in "All out attack" regardless of formation.
Defensive arrows: the light blue medium length arrow for all (not the dark blue one which usually goes to those 4 defensive players).

I'll try.

Before I tried Side attack / Center attack (depending on the number of side players in the formation) and still managed to win 3:0 as Real Betis v FC Barcelona among other results.

Also I changed match length from 15 min. to 10 min. and it seems that CPU is at least a bit more proactive since it has less time to show itself (and I have less time for taking so many shots on target).

What I do is in tactics menu, choose "Quick setting" and then "all out attack". Then, I change all players individual defensive arrow to normal, not the smallest, not the biggest. Like you said, the medium one. I might leave one attacker alone, to work as a reference for quicker attacks.

To test this, I start a new cup with only 3 teams, then I choose my team and an edited one for my next oponent. In cup games CPU is more agressive. If you try in friendlies it won´t have the same result.

There´s still a problem with CPU´s sidebacks positioning, can´t say for now if there´s a way to improve that.

Back
Top Bottom