Sony PlayStation 4 PRO

Wow. Quite costly too!

No no no Lami, that's exactly what my wife would say and i don't want her to read this.
You have to divide this by the number of days you use it.
Over 4 years it's only a couple of pounds a day.

^ this!

divide total by 4 (Years)

Divide that again by how many hours you use it per year and its rather cheap!

Last edited:

Tremendous purchase.

I bought the 2014 flagship Samsung 4k TV that Christmas and it was between that and the the non 4k LG OLED that had just come out. That picture was stunning, and the only issue was bleeding according to those that had it.

Me and the mrs agreed that a 4k OLED would be "the one" so will wait a year or two then get one.

All this info comes from OsirisBlack from Neogaf. If you want to stay updated with whatever he knows, follow his twitter https://twitter.com/isaparrot. Lots more info there.

EDIT: Wait I'm confused now. I don't think it's the same person :/

Last edited:
Wait, XB S cant do 4k but Ps4k is claiming they can. So why Ps4 fans are unhappy?

Because some feel their PS4s haven't lived long enough and will be scrapped, which isn't the case as the Neo is still a PS4, a beefed up one.

Because some feel their PS4s haven't lived long enough and will be scrapped, which isn't the case as the Neo is still a PS4, a beefed up one.

Yeah, exactly my thoughts. Anyway, can it actually handle 4k 60fps? Even GTx 1080 can't handle 4k 60fps. Or Sony is making another Ps3 [With beast GPU but selling with loss]?

Yeah, exactly my thoughts. Anyway, can it actually handle 4k 60fps? Even GTx 1080 can't handle 4k 60fps. Or Sony is making another Ps3 [With beast GPU but selling with loss]?

No one really knows yet. I think the sort of sure thing so far is better VR compatibility and 4k movies.

Don't forget, PS4 Neo or Xbox Scorpio don't get exclusive games, so...
PS4 is maybe for more polish games in 1080p 60fps and much better for VR and the Scorpio for upscaling in 4K, but apparently the powerfull look not enought for 4k/60fps (like GT980).

I was hoping they would make a new controller with tilt feature. Si that we could aim guns like we do in many mobile games. Would be more precise while keeping the analogue stick intact.

Well you shouldn't buy one right now, as it's only 4 days until the Neo and slim models will be revealed. Then you will have an idea of the price, and it's likely that there will be a price drop on the old model and the slim too, I guess.

Or you could get the Neo. Just a few days and you will have a better idea what to get.

I have a feeling they will be able to play games at a higher res but not at 4K so something like 1980 X 1400??

Nothing has been confirmed yet about the Neo.

It is more likely it will be able to run games @60FPS in 1080p... One thing is def certain you will not be able to game in 4K..

I suspect the graphics may also improve - at present the PS4 is like playing a PC game on Low to medium settings, with the additional power it may allow you to game on equivalent of PC Medium settings but actually running at a smooth 60FPS, which is the main problem of the PS4.. Playing Until Dawn which is very good graphically for a PS4 has slow down and very noticable stutters, so for me this is the main thing what I would want wiped out with the NEO.

Last edited:
Well at least the PS meeting is tomorrow and the Neo is expected to be revealed there.

7 Sep, 3pm EDT.

I will be suprised if it is anything more than the ability to play 4K blurays and display in 4K.

The system specs will be improved enough to allow this and to allow 60 FPS.

Seems like a good option with those that have 4K and HDR tvs. Videos are apparently available on youtube, the stream was obviously less than stellar when showing the difference.

yeah it's probably more for those that haven't got a PS4 already. Also there will be an HDR option available on the old systems in an update.

you will apparently see some difference, I don't know if it's worth the extra 100 (dollars) Performance, framerate and stuff should always be better. If you are even considering PSVR you should get the new one.

Back
Top Bottom