Football Manager 2009

Man, this is gonna suck me back into the murky world of FM I can feel it!!

Looks a good engine from the very quick glimpses - side on and behind the goal views.

Hope it plays fairly realistically and isnt the same animations over and over etc.
SI wouldn't do it if it was poor, Duffy and Vaughan over at the SI forums have screamed about how poor 3D match engines are in football games for years. If it was buggy it wouldn't be in; Duffy, Vaughan and even Ray Houghton wouldn't let it happen this year if it wasn't good enough.

This could be something special.

Part two is uploading now by the way...

Marc Duffy said:
The second part is uploading now, and we'll update this thread once it's live.

I hope part 2 gives away a bit more than part 1, that was frankly rubbish. Seven minutes of patting yourself on the back and getting a few famous people to say they like your game is hardly an announcement. Of the in game bits, the only new bit was the very small flash of 3D match, the rest looked taken from 08.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, I just think that they could do a bit better than that. Hopefully part 2 will prove me wrong.

Man, this is gonna suck me back into the murky world of FM I can feel it!!

Looks a good engine from the very quick glimpses - side on and behind the goal views.

Hope it plays fairly realistically and isnt the same animations over and over etc.

same here... i can already foresee me playing fm the same amount i did back in 99, 2000 etc....
goodbye social life...

anyway, this makes fm2009 the game im most antecipating now...forget about fifa or pes!

I only wanted to see two things... 2D engine on the PSP, 3D engine on the PC... I love you Jesus.

I like that they're using the Virtua Striker team for the 3D match engine and that they've been working on it for three years - if that's true then it might just beat the living poo out of PES/FIFA for realism...

Oooh some nice additions 3d match engine, press conferences and journalist relationship, can now get players to go and learn new skills etc. :))

Also the new transfer system will be good I hope. I was thinking before, things like discussing terms with players before you've agreed a fee with the other club (with and without their permission) would be great as that seems to happen IRL and also at times you can spend ages negotiating with the other team and then the player rejects you anyway and you run out of time to get someone else.

Can't wait it should be amazing.

Oh yeah, I noticed another Nike boot in the first video so maybe there will be some sort of license.

Oops, i meant October.

4261733.jpg

Looks a little weird here.

How would stadiums, kits and player skin colours work?

Last edited:
They will all be quite generic I should imagine, but that's fine by me. They still want us to use our imagination, they're never going to try and emulate the graphics of PES/FIFA. It's just to show you tackles, jumps, goals etc.

That's exactly what I wanted, anything more than that would be a bit too much too soon IMO.

I'll mirror all the screenshots when I've got them all downloaded, the SI servers are under a lot of stress at the moment...

3D > 2D.

Just being able to see the height of the ball, whether it dips/rises, goes right in the top corner, in off the bar, being able to see bone-crunching tackles, diving headers, overhead kicks, spectacular volleys etc will add A LOT to the game for me. Even if the AI isn't right up to the standard of the 2D engine, just the advantages 3D brings will make me enjoy the game much more.

3D > 2D.

Just being able to see the height of the ball, whether it dips/rises, goes right in the top corner, in off the bar, being able to see bone-crunching tackles, diving headers, overhead kicks, spectacular volleys etc will add A LOT to the game for me. Even if the AI isn't right up to the standard of the 2D engine, just the advantages 3D brings will make me enjoy the game much more.

i totally agree with u!!
it will be amazing to see your player do things like drible, cracking shots etc etc etc...
i think ill be wacthing full games from now on. no more key highlights.

OMFG!!!
Man, this is what I've been waiting!
There's no needing for Fifa or PES-like graphics, just a simple but well simulated 3D, and seems that we'll get it!!!!

I can see a player with the hands in his waist!!!

All of a sudden we all became religious :P

Back
Top Bottom