Football Manager 2008

Re: Football Manager 2008 Demo

Anyone running a league for FM 2008? I wont drop out of that one hehe :)

I would love to join an FM league, trouble is the old ones have always been SO slow and laggy online :(

If this one plays online like it does off, count me in.

I've never played FM online before, but I'm interested to see it in action! I'm sure we could rustle up quite a few people from here?

I've been playing the demo for a week now and i like it...one thing that i don't understand is the fact that the matches are going so slooooow no matter how fast i adapt the settings....it surely must be a bug...if i put it on the fastest speed and only take the absolute highlights it still takes 45 minutes to see a match...surely that must be a bug....problem is i've been looking in the FM forums and i haven't noticed a single complaint about that aspect of the game...
Oh ,my PC is exactly one year old...surely that can't be the problem...

Can anyone help me????

Gerd, have you got the game set onto "full match"? Sounds like you have.

There's an option at the bottom-left of the screen during a match, under the "Replays" button. It has several options, full match, highlights, key, none. Highlights means you'll see all moments that have significance, key means you'll only see goals, very near misses and red cards.

No problems with watching a match on my PC, takes about 5 mins or so. That's running on 2/3 speed on highlights and match speed on halfway, no replays and only key highlights.

I installed this demo last week and still I have not played it, need to put that right this weekend.

I think its the best FM yet, why?

I have no idea why but i really enjoy playing it, its quite addictive actually.

Jack, thanks, but i already had that button on "key"...that's not the reason...well i guess the full game will be better...this is still the most immersive games of all times IMHO..

Oh aye, in "places", Noted? ;)

Edit: Indeed :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack, when starting a new game it has a tick box so prevent transfers being made in the first transfer window :)

Jack, when starting a new game it has a tick box so prevent transfers being made in the first transfer window :)
That is so cool, I love that. :)

Can't wait until the 19th (my birthday as well, woohoo - the girlfriend wants to go out for a meal or something, FAT CHANCE)... Shame I can't order from ShopTo and get it a day or two earlier, fucking Royal Mail.

I'm loving the demo. The match engine feels a bit more realistic, and all the little touches in the main game are fantastic.

Lost my bank card and aint getting a new one to next week. So pissed as I wanted FM08 for this weekend!!!

Depending on your account, you can go into your branch with ID and draw money out from there?

That is so cool, I love that. :)

Can't wait until the 19th (my birthday as well, woohoo - the girlfriend wants to go out for a meal or something, FAT CHANCE)... Shame I can't order from ShopTo and get it a day or two earlier, fucking Royal Mail.

Shopto dispatched their copies yesterday and most people are already getting them (via Royal Mail).

The release has actually been put forward to TODAY because of some retailers selling early again (so you could go to GAME or whatever to buy it instore)

Game store in Leeds has just sold me a copy :lol:

My evening will be pleasent :)

Yep, depending on your account. I've got a Visa Electron and I can't use Halifax branch desks now. But before they changed it all, I've had my card eaten by cashpoints loads of times. When I've gone to the bank to ask for a new card, they write my roll number on a piece of paper, telling me I can draw money over the counter as long as I have ID (I used my provisional driving licence).

I'm happy to patch my save game, doesn't bother me much.

Completely useless post, but once in a while the animal in me (my reptile brain):

I HAVE JUST BOUGHT THE GAME...

PS: sorry

Back
Top Bottom