Burnout Paradise - PS3, 360 and PC

There's no fucking chance I am paying £6.29 for a couple of cars, I think that's a joke really. I bought the toy and legendary cars but just checked to see how much these were and my God, no chance. Shame, as I really wanted the boost specials. I'm going to wait and see if they go down, if they went to like £3 then okay, but £6.29 is way, way way too much.

I blame EA for the prices, the Hawker Mech will be bought though, its game changing but I'll have to wait a while to get it.

:BRICK:

2prvgip.jpg

More pics here and here.

:COP:

Latest Crash TV is up.

April 30 release for Cops n Robbers, 15 new cars, the island is probably coming in May.

Cops n Robbers is awesome!

Just borrowed this from my brother for the second time with the intention to start fresh and see if I can get a platinum. Though with some of the trophies being online I doubt it but I still fancied a try.

Just put the disc in about 20 minutes ago and was told I had to download v1.80 and now I'm sat looking at a screen saying 1/6 downloads at 46% and it's taking AGES.

Is there any free DLC to download on top of this or is the DLC in the store only Pay things like cops/robbers?

The free DLC is in the update that your downloading.

Cool. It eventually finished and it's all changed from the last time I played burnout. The first internet page menu is pretty cool where it shows stats from everyone and your friends and so on (though I had no friends listed so does that only show if they're online?)

I'm enjoying it a lot more after the time away.

It shows their stats regardless of whether their online or not, it also shows when they last played the game.

When are Criterion ever going to put some challenging trophies in this game? They are all so pissing easy. I can't wait for the Island pack to get released though I bet it'll be a rip-off price like the other DLC out at the moment.

Can't believe they charged £6ish for some new cars when the bikes pack cost fuck all, let the money go to their head! :FAIL:

I agree with you about the trophies but I think EA are the one's who are setting the price points. They used a the game as a test in the first year with the free DLC and now they want some money back.

They could afford to give away the bikes for free but these days they need every penny they can get

That "Time Savers" pack to unlock all the cars for a few quid just goes to show how bad things have gone and EA are the worst to blame for it. Years ago we had something else for doing that kind of thing - they were called cheat codes.

Anyway the Island Pack trophies seem to be on the PSN list which means the release is imminent, I compared trophies with a friend and noticed my Burnout trophy collection was no longer at 100%. They look piss easy as usual, probably get them all within hours of the DLC release.

Last edited:
I'm not happy that there are only 10 new Freeburn challenges, I was expecting 100 at the very least.

June 11th release, 8 new cars, no price yet though.

New trailer

Records will be broken!

413mb update is now live when you boot up the PS3 version, have to wait for Sony to update the store before I can go on vacation. :BRICK:

Big Surf Island is live on XBL though.

I bet we'll have to wait for a few hours for the new DLC to appear on Playstation Store, Sony's updates seem to come later in the day than they used to. :CURSE:

It was only last week it was late due to E3. Every week before that they've had it up for 5-6pm which has always been the norm.

It hasn't always been the norm though, in the past the store was updated in the early afternoon, roughly 2pm-ish, but recently it's been much later and last week due to E3 it was nearly 8pm!

PS3 store has been updated.

Just been playing the new DLC, think a tenner is a bit pricey but it's the best of the Burnout DLC's in my opinion, and yet another set of easy trophies. I only need to do the Island Freeburn Challenges now to get back to 100%, but I'll have to do them this weekend now. :CONF:

Drifting up and down the Spiral building is sweet.

Would have been even better if you could go right to the very top of the Inspiral Car Park and do some insane mega jump, but hey drifting up there is great. Did over 750 yards to get a nice shiny bronze trophy too.

Inspiral Car Park, I wonder what that is a reference to, lol. Criterion seem to have slipped a few things that people living outside the UK wouldn't know about, see how many you can find. I found about 10 of them!

Last edited:
So after being 'generous' evolving the game, IF you wanted to buy all the DLC that has now gone up as premium, you'd end up spending about 35 quid or more then? That's fooking madness. Talk about sticking the arm in, 3 free updates, which basically was the evolution of the game and then they give you a good kick in the chops for the premium DLC. Think that some of the vehicles are well over priced.

Last edited:
Would have been even better if you could go right to the very top of the Inspiral Car Park and do some insane mega jump, but hey drifting up there is great. Did over 750 yards to get a nice shiny bronze trophy too.

Inspiral Car Park, I wonder what that is a reference to, lol. Criterion seem to have slipped a few things that people living outside the UK wouldn't know about, see how many you can find. I found about 10 of them!

I went looking properly yesterday and spotted Grange Hill.

Yeah and I found Zammo Mansions, and Tucker on some of the buildings, more references to Grange Hill. There's a few references to the old 70's show Swap Shop, and Brucies car lot is an obvious reference to the Price is Right. There's even a Byker Grove biker's hideout. How many easter eggs have Criterion hidden in this?

Looks like there's a new reward for anyone who has completed all 500 of the Freeburn challenges in the game - a special Diamond version of the P12. I probably won't get that, too many idiots ruin Freeburn challenges for me.

Still, got the Island Freeburn challenges done now so I'm back on 100%.

I've got the P12 Diamond, its a nice car but its just a new livery on the original P12. Still its nice to have especially considering that very few have it.

Back
Top Bottom