Killzone 2

Re: Killzone 2 PS3

From what's being shown so far, it kinda reminds me of Black, wonder what the Criterion boys are up to for it's sequel.

That game was short but very, very sweet, it was also very loud.

I can't see a sequel coming anytime soon especially as Burnout Paradise is now a platform.

That game was short but very, very sweet, it was also very loud.

I can't see a sequel coming anytime soon especially as Burnout Paradise is now a platform.

It was also VERY Hard...Enjoyed it a lot though.

Concerning Killzone 2, the graphics and destruction look very realistic and fun. As Radiation said earlier, that's what makes Battlefield: BC so unique and enjoyable. I still play battlefield:BC online to this day without having even touched the single player mode. The maps are huge which is a must for me and the destructibility is just so damn awesome. There are just so many little things like the "screams in agony" when a player is killed that add so much to BF:BC. Call Of Duty:WAW is also a great game online as well, but the maps just aren't big enough for me and it sucks that for every kill you do, there's always someone coming around the corner from behind to bust a cup in your back. Maps are just not big enough and it just seems like everyone is crammed into one level.

I hope Killzone 2's online maps are as big as BF:BC's. I really do since I have yet to find, in my opinion, any games as enjoyable as BF:BC.

Last edited:

The single player campaign embargo is up and a bunch of gameplay videos and previews will be up soon.

E3 2007 vs. Preview Code
k2comparisontm2.jpg

some more here
Killzone2Com2.jpg

928377_20081204_screen001.jpg

928377_20081204_screen004.jpg

21mtem8.gif

:SHOCK:

2iaanbr.gif

giant nail gun! :D

25sy0b9.gif

stop drop and roll!

this game is beautiful.

The US date has been revealed as February 27th 2009. Since thats a Friday and US games usually get released on a Tuesday I expect this to be a global date. I already have it pre-ordered.

It has to be a global release, Sony messed up by not making R2 a worldwide release.

I get the feeling their favouring Killzone 2 anyway, a lot of sceptical people are coming around to it.

Gamersyde
have tons of HD videos, I've got a DL queue of 12 on my PS3.

Last edited:

I have to say that this game is looking fantastically georgeous and robust.

I am very excited about this game, everything from hands-on previews to vids I've seen have blown me away.

This game looks to have taken "Realism" to another level in FPS.

Finally! the PS23 will get some proper use.

I don't understand what's the fuss about this game. I mean, graphically is gorgeous, but gameplay wise it has NOTHING new to the genre, it's the same FPS game we've played the last 4 or 5 years... Or am I missing something?

I don't understand what's the fuss about this game. I mean, graphically is gorgeous, but gameplay wise it has NOTHING new to the genre, it's the same FPS game we've played the last 4 or 5 years... Or am I missing something?

So what?? No one said it would revolutionise the FPS genre. Every preview has said it plays like no othe FPS on the market and thats more than enough for me and will be for most people.

The way the guns react, the way you reload, the way the flame throer is done. First person cover mode. Nothing major but subtle enough to be appreciated and the games looks ridiculous.

Stop looking at it as another FPS, maybe look at it as a new way to play one??

1UP Yours is a great podcast, there is more about the single player on the latest 1UP Show.

1UP Yours is a great podcast, there is more about the single player on the latest 1UP Show.

Which one is it? I've downloaded the latest one and have started to listen to it, but it's a long Podcast and so far all they have talked about is GH:WT.

Late February near the release date. Maybe some in early February in magazines such as OPM etc.

The beta ended on Sunday but I managed to play the multiplayer beta on a friends PS3 for about a week and all I can say is that its fucking fantastic. I think its the best multiplayer shooter I have ever played even better than Halo 3 and COD4/WAW and it was only the beta. There is such a realistic feeling of weight and sense of motion and movement in the characters. Animations are fluid (epsecially when you shoot someone), graphics are the best I have seen this gen and the weapons feel great to shoot. The maps are perfect in size and you get used to them quickly. There was also minimal lag in most of the matches I played. Only problem is the control set. Im so used to COD I expect it to be the same. Luckily the developers have promised more control options. Pre-ordered it already. Cant wait for February. I hope they incorporate HOME support. :)

Oh I remember what annoyed me now. It was something to do with the controls like I said earlier. Aim was on L1 which is fine but the problem is that once its pressed it stays in aim mode until you press L1 again. So its set on toggle. But crouch required you to hold the button down. GG have stated numerous times though that there will be an option to change this and set crouch onto toggle and aim onto hold. So hopefully all is good.

Back
Top Bottom