Killzone 2

Re: Killzone 2 PS3

Click next until you see Killzone 2 Helgan, it should be at the top.

Checked this out yesterday at the Eurogamer Expo. Sadly I did not get chance to play it but I watched others play for a good 30 minutes or so.

Have to say, it looks phenomenal. I've been pretty negative towards this game as the first one didn't live up to the hype and so I'm expecting this to follow suit, but any doubts I had were gone after witnessing this beauty yesterday.

It looks incredible!

Checked this out yesterday at the Eurogamer Expo. Sadly I did not get chance to play it but I watched others play for a good 30 minutes or so.

Have to say, it looks phenomenal. I've been pretty negative towards this game as the first one didn't live up to the hype and so I'm expecting this to follow suit, but any doubts I had were gone after witnessing this beauty yesterday.

It looks incredible!

Your not the omly one saying that.

Alot of people are eating humble pie(not you)

I dont think its that bad to say that though, it's been 4 years since the first Killzone game, so they have had alot of time to build the engine and refine the story and set up of the game, and it's still not due to Feb next year.

I'm looking forward to it, in fact I have had it pre-ordered since July!

If anyone gets a spare or does not plan to use it I would be extremely grateful for a beta key.

Thanks. :)

Let us know what it's like Jay, and if anyone gets a spare code, pleeeeeease think of little old me. :CW:

More codes are being sent out tonight according to the Killzone QA manager over at the official forums.

Yeah I just read that - I hope I get a code as I loved the first game and the PSP Killzone game. A friend who has been playing the beta for a while now and the Resistance beta has been singing this games praises and said it makes Resistance 2 look and feel crappy - So I downloaded the theme as soon as it went up.

Same here. I know a few people who were in the closed beta trial and they keep going on about it. One guy clocked 30 hours on the beta! Lots of talk about this being great online even more superior to COD 4 which in my opinion was quite good. Every article I read now is prasing both the single player and the multiplayer. Fingers crossed we get in the beta.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ok the graphics are great but the gameplay is a bit COD. The maps are ok though but they are not massive (maybe the full game they are), each game has loads of stuff to do though so you can start with go there and blow this up then go somewhere else and defend it. Then you will get go and kill this person from there team then free for all its just a mixture of all different things in each game.

Last edited:

You get promoted as well with points depending on how you do and you can also unlock weapons and start clans. I was picking up better weapons off dead people and you can also heal people but i think you need to rank up for that?

Healing people requires you to be a Medic class I believe. Or maybe im wrong since I dont have the beta!

There is an interesting technical report on the game on the link below.

Click

I'm DL the pics and video now.

vfffus.gif

Killzone2Pillar.gif

2e2m0zs.jpg

21ki1rl.jpg

34rbqk8.jpg

10nvpef.jpg

Sony send me a key!

Last edited:

Ditto, one of the only games I bought a PS3 for; can't wait to see if it's as good as it looks.

That looks STUNNING!

After Battlefield i've not been able to look at any FPS games the same - especially in something like farcry where a rocket fired at a shanty style building that looks like a gust of wind could blow it down - barely leaves a scratch.

I'm glad it was purposely delayed until next year though - there are far too many big games out at this moment and most are suffering for it in sales. A game like Dead space looks like something I'd pick u, but then with everything else around I've give it a miss and will probably rent it in a few months instead.

Back
Top Bottom