Ultimate Fighting Championship (Xbox 360, PS3)

I tried to give MMA a chance, downloaded about 12 different UFC's and watched them all, but at the end of the day 80% is guys rolling around on the floor getting all sweaty, the rest of the time when the fights are interesting and exciting it's because two guys are on their feet slugging it out, in which case I may as well just stick to watching boxing, which is what I do :)

I cant watch boxing anymore it just sends me to sleep

the more you watch MMA the more you realise how good the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) guys are on the floor

but its each to there own as they say :))

some people see it as sweaty guys rolling round, but there is techniques going on to advanced there positions defensive and attacking

granted there are fights where the "wrestler" guy takes the guy down and sits on him which is called "lay and prey" and they hammer fist them, the ref tends to stand them up if little or no action is happening

So many aspects of MMA, but alot like to see knockouts or slugfests, which isn't always going to happen

stick to the one dimensional boxing, if thats what floats your boat then so be it, i am not going to try and convince anyone otherwise

http://trailers.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/5162/t_ufc2009_gttvexcl_brandy9_gt_h264.wmv

Last edited:
Cant wait looks really good from gameplay trailer i enjoyed the old game many years ago it was good fun on multiplayer. :))

It dosnt look as good as the trailer released ages ago but never expected it to looks very decent graphically though.

collisions detection... it's THQ... the WWE games are fully of limbs passing through limbs ... they don't care and im not expecting them to sort that out.

I tried to give MMA a chance, downloaded about 12 different UFC's and watched them all, but at the end of the day 80% is guys rolling around on the floor getting all sweaty, the rest of the time when the fights are interesting and exciting it's because two guys are on their feet slugging it out, in which case I may as well just stick to watching boxing, which is what I do :)

Haha reminds me of the time my friend said UFC is just 'professional hugging'.

Those of you who like a bit of ultimate fighting will be pleased to hear that THQ has announced a new UFC game.

Ultimate Fighting Championship 2009: Undisputed is the latest in series of games based around the leading mixed martial arts competition.

The latest one will feature more than 80 of the sport's top fighters as well as popular commentators, referees and of course 'octagon girls'. Photo-realism has been bandied about with regard to the graphics - watch the trailer to see for yourself.

You can expect all the usual blood, sweat and tears, plus as an innovative 'rippling' system to accentuate particularly crunchy impacts. UFC's newer, less permissive ruleset specifically outlaws "Putting a finger into any orifice or into any cut or laceration on an opponent", so Tom's special 'Hello Sailor' finishing move will be off the books this time around.

Expect to find yourself being pummelled into submission by the likes of Quinton Jackson and BJ Penn as early as next spring on PS3 and 360.

:lmao:

I said in the chat box at the time if fights were like that it would be watchable, but rarely to to guys keep coming forward like that

watch Calzaghe vs Hopkins and see if that put you to sleep :))

-------------

As for the game i think certain parts look good. They have the moves and reversals spot on but the punching is all stop start with no rhythm to it and they are look the same. Same as when he has the Muay Thai clinch it all looks scripted and cumbersome when the knees are being thrown

funny listening to Rampage as well "dont let him up hes dangerous", "punch him in the face, he has a big face", "referee hes hitting me in the ear"
then Forest says you should probably let him up and gets Ko'ed :LOL:

The Making of video as well shows the faces and they look awesome
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/876981/ufc-2009-undisputed/videos/ufc09_gamecreation_062308.html

looking forward to it just for a UFC fix :))

Last edited:
watch Calzaghe vs Hopkins and see if that put you to sleep :))

Of course but if you knew anything about boxing over the last 7 or 8 years you'd have known that that's what Hopkins fights are like, there are certainly many other far more exciting boxers out there :)

Hmm, seems ok they need to make it have a more organic feel to it, the punches look awful but first signs look like it has potential.

Seems they started hype train very early (considering Spring 09 release) not sure its best idea with alot of bugs present.

I hope they do a better job of the commentary than they do with the WWE games - UFC commentary is like the Madden games where it really brings a match alive.

Also ... big lack of cuts opening in that vid - that needs to be sorted out

Far to many clean punches landing

if that was real they wouldn't last 2 seconds

the way there heads snaps back makes its look like it could KO them

if they just winced or something it wouldn't be so bad

Hmm I thought punch impact was very poor, in terms of how the blows are received by the recipient, maybe we're thinking about different videos, which one do you refer to?

in all of em at one at times a guy just stands there and is hit and his head snaps back

it just looks unnatural the way they trade blows, why not make a game like Fight night a base for the standup?

at least then you can step in throw some combos and step back out again

Jackson, however, thinks he's scored an important psychological victory. He tells us: "Fighting's 90 percent mental and 10 percent physical, so hopefully he sees himself getting knocked out in the game, and so in the fight." In Jackson, the UFC has a champ that's also a genuine superstar - a larger-than-life, brash and funny showman who could out-trashtalk the biggest WWE diva, and who just happens to be the best light heavyweight on the planet. And he's also a big gamer (he's currently hooked on Ninja Gaiden II), who is relishing his videogame debut. "It's a great ego-trip - I can play with myself. Fighting is the most selfish thing on the planet - it's all about me, me, me, me."

Griffin couldn't be more different. A man of few words who does not appear to relish the interview situation, he is most definitely not a gamer: "God, no. I don't play. I'm borderline retarded... what are you gonna do?" And UFC 2009 Undisputed doesn't look like changing that. "God no, it's horrible. I'm not going to start head-hunting with videogames." Griffin's philosophy is straightforward: "Really, you're in a bar thinking: can I beat that guy up, and does he have a bigger dick than me? Those are the important things in life. You can't make your dick any bigger, so I started beating people up." Can't argue with that.

Forest :LOL:

what i put in the E3 thread last night

-----------

The more i see of it more i don't like it

Punches connect to easily and frequently and escaping from mount, back control ect just looks effortless when really it should be a struggle

I dont think anyone could pull a game like this off though, there are far to many variables in a MMA fight for a game to replicate

what i put in the E3 thread last night

-----------

The more i see of it more i don't like it

Punches connect to easily and frequently and escaping from mount, back control ect just looks effortless when really it should be a struggle

I dont think anyone could pull a game like this off though, there are far to many variables in a MMA fight for a game to replicate

The Dreamcast one was good - jaw dropping for its time - I remember being amazed as even the fighters fingers moved individually to their hands. Cannot ever remember seeing anything like it previously...

I thought the same Coopz, but they still have till Spring 2009 to improve it. Hopefully they'll listen to comments such as these.

Ye they said on Gamespot demo that still had year and they will be continuing to tweak it and they want to get the ground moves flowing better. :))

I want to see few other fighters instead of same old Jackson and Griffin fight been and gone now.

Back
Top Bottom